Cropping And Importing Of Dogs

N@Dog

Hey, few question's i thought of wich a relavant to me in the near future

Can u import a Amstaff pup into australia from America with cropped ears? (with papers and proof of breed and all that, etc)

if so, id say the pup would be in quarantine for a while and id say this isnt good for the pups development?

and, when pups get there ears cropped, at what age is it done?

Edited by N@Dog

I'm sure you've asked this question before...

Yes you can import a cropped dog (I'd be keeping paperwork that proves it was done prior to importation though) but I don't think you can show it.

Cropping is typically done at 8 - 12 weeks.

Bit barbaric if you ask me, I wouldn't import a cropped dog unless I was a breeder and I felt it was essential to the line I was trying to produce. Plus I'm sure it's hideously expensive to import. :laugh:

Edited by moosepup

Yes you can import a cropped dog.

BUT- you cannot show it and i think there may be some restrictions on things like dog sports etc...

It is very expensive to import and there are a lot of things to consider before you make that decision.

A pup would not be flown over at 8 weeks, the breeder will hold it back for a lot longer and once it reaches Australia the dog will have to be quarantined which is not cheap either (see here: http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...c=166832&hl=) By the time the puppy is home with you, you will have missed out on some important stages of its life too.

Is there a particular reason why you are interested in importing? Is there a certain line that you're interested in? You may be able to find similar lines over here with enough research :rofl:

Is it the cropped ears that interest you? (Not having a dig, just curious :laugh: )