First Agility Trial Of The Year

We have our first trial for the year tomorrow and I can hardly contain my excitement! We had an informal training session this week after a 7 week break and Lomani was so excited - I swear I have never seen her run as fast, clear the jumps by such a height and hit her contacts like that before. I am sure she will be way too overexcited to get any good results tomorrow but all the same I am sooooooo excited to get back into it.

Anyone else? :scared:

Me, me, me!! :scared: I put the weave poles up last night to see if we could still do them and Bindi flew through them. I am going to have a run around a friend's agility course tonight to refresh our memory.

See you there tomorrow :eek:

We're pumped and ready to go with a bit of a surprise.. Denver is running Novice jumping :( that could be either a dream or a disaster.. he has blown my mind with his work but he needs more and I need to find where my training has left holes.. so why not :)

jock will be there too.. poor boy has a hotspot thats being treated atm so we'll see how he goes but he is slowing down and getting old.. I would say last year was his year and now its time to start retiring but we wont give up without a fight!!! :scared:

I cant wait!! we'll see you all there, Its gonna be a looooong night!

We are entered in Novice Jumping tomorrow!

The mild weather will be perfect...however we are both lacking in skills and experience and have done only obedience training over the break, so apart from Ziggy being "running fit" and having a Bowen massage there's not much preparation. Could be a hoot if anyone would like a giggle though ;)

Sounds like fun! Good luck everyone.

We are not yet up to competition level but it was great to get back to class this week after the long xmas break

Oooh! Who are you doing agility with Jo? I reckon a Schnozzie would be very quick! Zig is really silly tonight but had heaps of fun doing obedience. Hope he's at least half as focussed tomorrow!!

Looking forward to hearing how everyone went last night. :rofl:

This is Mr CK's run in the Novice Jumping ring. I was really happy with him all night - he was drivey (for him) and did a good job in all his runs. He EVEN WEAVED!!! woo hoo.

Good start to the year.

Nicole - we were sitting behind you with the BC's. It only just clicked reading this.

Looking forward to next week now. Mr CK makes his obedience debut and now that Xena is injured I've put her in the CCD ring as well.

Agilitydogs - Nice JD run!!! I had no idea that was you either, despite the fact that I was looking at your crates as I need to get a soft one for Bond and now that I see this realise that you even had the dogs names embroidered on them! We will have to meet next time :laugh:

We had a few interesting runs last night, nothing more than what I expected after so long off and has really highlighted what we need to work on in the yard this week :rofl:

Lomani normally has excellent weaves but refused them every single time last night. She also seems to have forgotten what a rear cross is (usually a real strength of hers also) so will be doing lots of rear cross drills in the yard before next weekend's trial.

She took off and did the first 3 jumps in our ADX run, then got to the weaves and stopped to sniff the ground so I picked her up and pulled the pin and got 2 good runs out of her after that. I so often persist when she is being painful like that so this has reinforced to me that I need to stand my ground in the future to get the best out of her. All in all, we managed everything that I thought was hard and dubious, and made abnormal mistakes but just stuff that I need to work on, and get her reading things properly again.

I had a good night last night even though we did not get any quali's we had 2 great runs in Agility and Jumping Excellent, Saxon only dropped 2 bars in Agility and she went in the tunnel the wrong way in Jumpers but apart from that was really happy with her runs.

Nic - I saw Lomani's runs and she did great if your not sure who i was last night i was the person that was standing beside you with the staffy before you went into the ring for Agility and Bond is my girl Myf's cousin.

Our first trial is next weekend, I really hope it isn't too hot :rofl: It is the first time I've entered Benny into an agility trial, he is my oldest dog, but hasn't shown any interest in agility until recently, so I thought I would enter him in novice jumping and see what happens, it would be nice to get a few novice titles on him before hes too old, so fingers crossed he is keen to work :laugh: I know my other 2 will be keen to get back into it too! hopefully not too feral!

I had a good night last night even though we did not get any quali's we had 2 great runs in Agility and Jumping Excellent, Saxon only dropped 2 bars in Agility and she went in the tunnel the wrong way in Jumpers but apart from that was really happy with her runs.

Nic - I saw Lomani's runs and she did great if your not sure who i was last night i was the person that was standing beside you with the staffy before you went into the ring for Agility and Bond is my girl Myf's cousin.

Hi Ahh I didn't know you were on dogzonline! we were having a great chat walking out of the Excellent walking.. i'll give saxon that 13 and running like a pro!!

Well we had an amazing night.. not a Q to be seen but some great work from both boys

Denver I'm so proud of the opening sequence he gave me and then it kinda went down hill lol with me tensing up and then him making sure that I was okay. . What I was more proud of was Den going to take a jump in the neighboring ring and coming back when I called him.. that was my biggest fear annoying the other ring!

Jock considering he's getting on and he hasn't been well gave me some great runs, DQed Ex jumping cos mummy was stupid and didn't push him out to the tunnel in time.. and 1 refusal in Excellent agility :laugh: Which i was not happy bout but now I look at the vid and I can kinda see where the judge was coming from.. annoyed at myself though :rofl:

Open jumping was great until the concept of distance.. jock decided he wanted to be a Velcro boy.. But still he got 2/2 sets of weaves and he was just running and enjoying himself! which is all I want from him ever!

Can't wait for next weekend.. am I gonna see anyone else there??

Big congrats to Yackets mum for her amazing debut.. Biscuit was amazing and I couldn't be more thrilled for her!

Bindi and I had a great night, she is running so well :) . We got a quallie in open agility :) I was amazed as we have been struggling with the distance work. She aced the distance in both open agility and jumping.

Unfortunately I could not get my handling together well enough to get her through the jumping courses fast enough but we went clear in both excellent and open jumping. We missed out by 1.5 seconds in excellent jumping and 3 seconds in open jumping (no room for sloppy handling when the dog is only 325mm high).

In the excellent agility I turned too early coming out of the weaves and pulled her out before she finished :) . My dog is catching on so much faster than I am, she is such an awesome little girl :)

Our first trial is next weekend, I really hope it isn't too hot ;) It is the first time I've entered Benny into an agility trial, he is my oldest dog, but hasn't shown any interest in agility until recently, so I thought I would enter him in novice jumping and see what happens, it would be nice to get a few novice titles on him before hes too old, so fingers crossed he is keen to work :grouphug: I know my other 2 will be keen to get back into it too! hopefully not too feral!

So far the forecast is looking promising - 26 - 29 and possible showers, but there is a long time for the weather people to change their minds!

Hi Ahh I didn't know you were on dogzonline! we were having a great chat walking out of the Excellent walking.. i'll give saxon that 13 and running like a pro!!

Well we had an amazing night.. not a Q to be seen but some great work from both boys

Denver I'm so proud of the opening sequence he gave me and then it kinda went down hill lol with me tensing up and then him making sure that I was okay. . What I was more proud of was Den going to take a jump in the neighboring ring and coming back when I called him.. that was my biggest fear annoying the other ring!

Jock considering he's getting on and he hasn't been well gave me some great runs, DQed Ex jumping cos mummy was stupid and didn't push him out to the tunnel in time.. and 1 refusal in Excellent agility :grouphug: Which i was not happy bout but now I look at the vid and I can kinda see where the judge was coming from.. annoyed at myself though ;)

Open jumping was great until the concept of distance.. jock decided he wanted to be a Velcro boy.. But still he got 2/2 sets of weaves and he was just running and enjoying himself! which is all I want from him ever!

Can't wait for next weekend.. am I gonna see anyone else there??

Big congrats to Yackets mum for her amazing debut.. Biscuit was amazing and I couldn't be more thrilled for her!

I didn't realise that was you smisch who i was chatting to you had some really great runs with jock he is doing great. Yes Saxon is doing well for a 13 year old and everyone who sees her can't believe that she is really 13 with the way she is running and still getting under the course time that is of course when i can direct her correctly and don't stuff up my hand work. I do think that she will be competing for a few more years still as she really loves doing Agililty.