Camera Phones

WoofnHoof

Ok I know to proper camera people camera phones are probably a big faux pas but if I didn't have one I'd never get around to taking pictures, I currently have a nokia N95 which has a good 5MP camera but since my contract is nearly up I'm looking at upgrading to a touch phone I've narrowed it down to 2 that are available on my plan I've grabbed some specs from net reviews so I'd love any feedback of which to go for :)

LG KM900f Arena

5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, Schneider-Kreuznach optics, autofocus, LED flash Digital Zoom : x 16, image stabilization

Samsung Ultratouch

• Camera resolution 8-megapixel

• Camera flash LED

• Digital zoom 4 x

Maximum resolution on it is 3264 x 2448 pixels, which gives you a total of 8 mpx

can set white balance, autofocus parameters (macro, face and smile recognition, panorama focus), manual ISO (100-1600) settings and digital image stabilization.

Thanks! :)

I'd say go for the fewer MPs. Usually what happens is they up the MP coz it sounds good, but it actually makes the images worse. You want fewer MPs on the same size sensor for the best images. I'd guess that most camera phones use pretty crappy sensors and probably very similar sizes, so of those two, knowing nothing but what you've posted, I'd go the 5MP.

But as I still haven't figured out how to make mine actually work properly (almost every shot is total and complete crap) nor how to get the images off it and onto my computer, camera phone knowledge isn't totally my strong suit :)

Thanks everyone yeah I love my N95 and I'll probaby still use it as my second phone but since I'm such a technophile these days I'm in lust for a touchscreen one :) They both have decent reviews for the camera I like the look of the samsung but I also like some of the features of the LG, I'll see if I can get to a telstra store in the next few days and check them out in the flesh so to speak :)

I went into telstra shop today and it turns out I still have 11 months left on my contract so that sucks :( Got myself all excited for nothing but I did have a play with both of those phones and they both look good I'll just have to be patient :cry: