Tug Toys

nikivds

I've always wanted to know how to do the round plait. I can only do the three string one :)

I made a whole stack of them a while back but had to confiscate them all because a certain dog was eating them....

Do a search on google. There are some good diagrams on how to do round plait. There is a good series of yellow books around available from leather craft supply places that will show you a number of different plaiting styles.

If you can do a 3 plait, you can do any number of strands. The process is essentially the same.

Once you can do four. a six or 8 is then easy.

The key is keeping the tension up and even.

I have a nail on the end of a toilet roll holder I use to pin (or use a bulldog clip with a string thru it over the nail) one end on. I can sit anywhere then and plait.

here: found a link: Ron Edwards Books

Edited by Mystiqview

Awwwwwwww! How cute! And there are girl coloured ones and boy coloured ones! :laugh: How old are your pups there, SP?

3 weeks today :thanks::party: they were so excited when I threw them into the playpen LOL. Taken them out now though as I want to keep them nice :laugh:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist putting photos of my babies up! I'm such a proud Grandma :thumbsup: )

Don't apologise for this effort! It is easier to understand than the one I have in my craft book!

Hahaha I got my left and right back to front with my descriptions... I plead sleep deprivation! LOL

Oh dear! I plaited using the instructions so I am not sure what to plead!

It would be easier if a certain 4 legged cutie did not try to tug while plaiting!