Dog Is Driving Me Mad...

cannibalgoldfish

Loki has spent the last few nights trying to get out! He is scratching and wimpering at the hole in the fence he got out of last time. There is nothing on the other side that he is after and Wylie doesnt care less. He is really anxious about it :rasberry: . Now tonight he ran inside when I opened the back door. He hates being indoors and tries to get back outside if he is in. He is running around and seems anxious but I cant work out why! He wont leave the hole alone and his scratching at it is driving me nuts. What could be upsetting him and how can I get him to calm down?

Its been stinking hot today and it has now just started to rain. Could it be something as simple as the change of weather?

Perhaps he felt atmospheric pressure change ? It is possible. It might be that, or perhaps there is a storm on its way.

Try just keeping him on the lead to stop him moving around, and ignore his fussing.

Actually, try putting him through some training routines - sit; drop; stand; shake paw; etc. IE Give him jobs to do/make him work. If he'll work for you 'in drive' all the better. I sometimes do that when my boy starts acting stressy and it does seem to make a difference to him settling back down.

Edited by Erny

I have been doing that Erny. Getting him to sit and drop. It distracts him from the fence. I dont make a fuss of him dont worry. With these two the slightest give and they will take all you got. Not a dog to spoil, the shiba. ( they turn into gremilns if you spoil them)He isn't as anxious now. He is back outside and on his rug. I hope whatever it is has passed :rasberry:

I have been doing that Erny. Getting him to sit and drop. It distracts him from the fence. I dont make a fuss of him dont worry. With these two the slightest give and they will take all you got. Not a dog to spoil, the shiba. ( they turn into gremilns if you spoil them)He isn't as anxious now. He is back outside and on his rug. I hope whatever it is has passed :laugh:

Ahhh, the Shiba. Have only worked with two or three but found they were a bit of a contradiction in terms, if I was to describe their personalities. Sensitive, yet willful little souls. Glad he settled.