Help.............nose Bleed?!

Hi all Im new here although I have been lurking for awhile. I will intro myself later today :D

For the moment though............

Took my girl Bailey for a drive this morning whilst it was still cool outside. Stopped at the local pet park for a swim in their doggie hydro pool and as I went to get her out the car.....SHE HAD A NOSE BLEED!

Now she hasn't knocked it on anything and this is the first time she has had one. There wasnt a lot of blood and it only lasted a few minutes.

Has anyone elses dog had one?

What can I do to stop them from occuring?

What causes it?

Also looked up nose bleeds and its appears it mainly comes from trauma, repeated sneezing caused by allergies, foreign bodies in the nose etc, nasal mites, dental abscesses, Erlichiosis disease, exposure to poison or feeding them too much aspirin.

Well Bailey doesnt have mites, foreign body (that I can see), hasnt been subjected to poisons and hasnt been sneezing. All of the above causes where based on a dog that has regular nose bleeds.

For the time being I am keeping a close eye on her to see if it comes back.

Cheers in advance.

Can't really help, sorry. Old dog, young dog?

Brachy dog (like boxer nose) or longer muzzle?

No chance she bumped her nose when the car stopped, or when she was looking out the window and you swerved or something?

just keep her quiet, and cool, and if it happens again, get her to a vet for a check up :D

And sometimes, just like people, they just get a nose bleed. If it doesn't recur , would be happy to just keep an eye on her. If worried and you get on well with your vet. Give them a ring. I would just see what happens.