Image Editing Program - Free

persephone

LINK

I killed my photoshop sometime back...

Tried Gimp and some others with NO success and heaps more grey hairs...

and found this one today .

Within a few minutes I had done some layer work, selecting/cutting/inserting/cloning...

For me, it is fairly simple, and with a good set of tutorials,could be very handy! :o

Enjoy.

LINK

I killed my photoshop sometime back...

Tried Gimp and some others with NO success and heaps more grey hairs...

and found this one today .

Within a few minutes I had done some layer work, selecting/cutting/inserting/cloning...

For me, it is fairly simple, and with a good set of tutorials,could be very handy! :)

Enjoy.

What's the name of it Pers so I can check without clicking on your link. I just did that and Macaffee came up with a caution.

Hmmmm Macafee says, In our tests, we found a small fraction of downloads on this site that some people consider adware or other potentially unwanted programs.

Since I am such a computer dummy and dont know how to guard against this, other than not visiting at all I wont go there. :)

Oh- My virus program said nothing.. and W O T came up OK.

MOST sites, IMO have adware etc attached- no big deal really - When you do your virus scan,it should remove em easily :scold:

anyway- here is a download page from Cnet- a 'safe' site, AFAIK. here, taken from Cnet's site. .....

Download.com Adware & Spyware Notice

When it comes to fighting unwanted adware and spyware, CNET Download.com has always been in your corner. During the past few years, we've brought you the best tools and tips in our Spyware Center, and we've maintained strict policies surrounding adware found in our download library. But in the first quarter of 2005, we launched a zero-tolerance policy toward all bundled adware.

Although you may come across software from other sites on the Internet that contain adware or spyware, you can feel safe knowing that Download.com has tested software products included in our CNET Download.com listings. These types of applications usually serve advertisements via browser pop-ups, or record your Web surfing and computer usage habits. For more information on adware and spyware, as well as recommendations on how to remove them, visit our Spyware Center.

Trusted, safe, & secure?

That means every time you download software from Download.com, you can trust that we've tested it and found it to be adware-free. We have also removed all existing products on Download.com that we've identified as containing adware. This has eliminated nearly 600 products from our library.

All new file submissions are scanned to ensure compliance with CNET's Adware and Spyware policy. When it is determined that an Adware or Spyware component is present, that application is declined for listing in our download library. Scanning software applications currently include, but are not limited to; Microsoft AntiSpyware, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Lavasoft Ad-Aware and PC Tools - Spyware Doctor. For more information on these applications, please contact the companies directly.

Why are we taking this extra step?

In your letters, user reviews, and polls, you told us bundled adware was unacceptable--no matter how harmless it might be. We want you to know what you're getting when you download from CNET Download.com, and no other download site can promise that.

Can we guarantee you'll never get adware or spyware on your computer?

Unfortunately, no. Despite our vigilance, we can't guarantee that our library is 100% adware-free. If you find a program on Download.com that contains adware, please let us know and we will investigate your claim and take action as appropriate. For that reason, we strongly encourage--no, make that beg--you to take extra steps to keep your computer free of all unwanted adware and spyware. Download and install a reputable antispyware scanner today. For a list of the ones we recommend, please visit our Spyware Center.

Happy downloading!

The Download.com Staff

LINK to PhotoPos download on

CNet.com

that way you avoid teh photo Pos site :)

Some things I am finding lacking in this program- but ,compared to GIMP it is child's play to use, and lets me play happily :rolleyes:

I know millions are happy with GIMP- I just can't work smoothly with it, whereas this one is similar to PS ..and gives hints etc to help :laugh:

Edited by persephone