Dog Supplies Store In Melbourne - Any Suggestions For Out Of Towner

Roishana

I will be visiitng Melbourne in a couple of weeks time. As I live out in the countryside I dont get to browse in a large pet store.

Can anyone recommend some stores with plenty of stock especially for large breeds. (My own local store has limited stock and usually only for small/medium breeds). Buying online is OK, but I like to see what I am buying. Im interested in toys, beds, crates, grooming equipment (dryers?), food etc - the usual

I will be staying at Pascoe Vale, with a car, but without dogs, so I will have some spare time at the weekend!

Thanks

Roishana

Edited by Roishana

You could try the Pet Shed at Airport West, I haven't been there for ages but they use to carry a good range of things.

You could also try a Pets Megastore (Epping might be the closest one) or a Pet Stock (again maybe Epping). It really depends on what you are seeking to buy. If it is show dog items then try finding out if there are shows that weekend at Bulla. The van and the other vendors should be there and they carry a lot of show stuff.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

:laugh::rofl: Maybe you should alter the title to 'Pet supplies' or something !!!

I nearly had a coniption when I saw the words PET SHOP in the Breeders section.... :rofl::rofl: and rushed in with my rightious lecture & soapbox at the ready !! :rofl:

fifi

For professional dryers I would try K9 ANTICS - 03 93068299 - Gloria & Seb - [email protected] - they go to dog shows and I have seen dryers they sell there, I think they also have a shop in Glenroy or something, with contacting them, they have loads of grooming supplies too

Apart from that for a general store also try Best Friends http://www.bestfriendspets.com.au/ Rosamond Road (Next to the Good Guys), Maribyrnong

If you have your dog with you and you want to head a bit further to a dog friendly place with a fenced dog beach go to Brighton and go to Collars & Scents in 283 Bay St, they give special attention to the dogs that come visiting their store

:) ;) Maybe you should alter the title to 'Pet supplies' or something !!!

I nearly had a coniption when I saw the words PET SHOP in the Breeders section.... :):) and rushed in with my rightious lecture & soapbox at the ready !! ;)

fifi

My apologies !! I can now see what caused you heart palpitations. I work for an organisation which provides guidelines for pets in shops, and although it is not my section, I provide input for them - not sure if they listen though. If the guidelines were followed to the letter, it wouldnt be so bad, but it is still the concept of dogs and cats as commodities like crate, bag of dog food that I simply cannot get my head around.

To everyone else, thanks for the suggestions - my credit card is ready for action!!

Just thought of another question, would the dog vans be more likely to be at Bulla or the VCA ground? or do you have shows at either one of the other but not both on the same weekend (where is Bulla?)

(Ive downloaded the show guide, but havent checked where the shows are yet)

They usually are. Bulla is a little past Tullamarine airport. If you want to see a dryer from K9 antics I would contact them as I don't know if they usually bring them to shows, they had them there at the Melbourne Royal