Worlds Oldest Dog

PuggaWuggles

Good on the little fellow. But . . .

World's oldest? I had a 21 yr old dog live next door to me (a Scottie) some years back. He wasn't blind, deaf, or incontenent. He still walked to the markets with his owner regularly. I'll bet he lived a few more years. I think there was a discussion of this on DOL and some people knew dogs over 21.

my father-in-law, when he was alive, (and when you could do it without being banned), had a cattle dog called cindy, who went to the pub with him for 17years. They walked up to the pub from home,as it was only a few doors away and she would sit in the bar with him. She had a packet of cheezels every time they went.

Nup Ive owned a beagle which lived to over 22 and my vet had a couple of Beagles which she treated which were well over that too.

I can only hope that my dogs live to be that old, but oh how much harder must it be when they do pass.

My Mum owned a Corgi who was pushing 20 and as she was coming to the end of her life she asked me to take him and be sure he was looked after. He never showed any sign that he was that old except he had lost a couple of teeth but he bounced around ,yelled at the galahs that came into the yard and never had a days sickness. When my Mum died I remember going out the back and telling Eddy and bawling all over him.I thought of all the things Eddy had shared with Mum including the death of my dad,and loads of family events and slobbered all over him.

The morning we were leaving to go to Sydney to attend Mum's funeral I went to feed Eddy and he had died in his sleep - just as Mum had done a few days earlier. Boy what a sob story :laugh: