Catahoulas?

gaawjustaffs

As the titled says are they a recognised dog here in australia. Someone said this on facebook page (not someone i know)

(my mate just bred purebred catahoulas, $1000 pups, she had 11 we hit 5 on the head straight up...)

I just don't understand is there ever any reason to do this why would so many need this done to them?? I looked them up there a nice looking dog they seemed to be used for pigging (horrible sport). I asked on the post why but no reply

As the titled says are they a recognised dog here in australia. Someone said this on facebook page (not someone i know)

(my mate just bred purebred catahoulas, $1000 pups, she had 11 we hit 5 on the head straight up...)

I just don't understand is there ever any reason to do this why would so many need this done to them?? I looked them up there a nice looking dog they seemed to be used for pigging (horrible sport). I asked on the post why but no reply

Do you have the link to the facebook page? This needs to be reported to facebook and this person needs to know that in no uncertain terms what he has said is a crime and chargable by law!

I know someone with one.

They are of American origin and originally developed as a shepherd, I think.

They are not yet a recognized breed in the US and certainly not recognized here.

My friend tells me they are better known as Leopard Dogs in Australia, although it is unsure if there are many pure Catahoula here as so many breed X's have been known to be marketed as Catahoula when in fact many are Koolie X's etc.

No it just come up on my page under one of my friends posts.

So there not even recognised in the us let alone here. I found a page for them over in the nt that claims to be breeders of them an he had a lot of pigging stuff on his page that he's sellin his dogs on too

Do you have the link to the facebook page? This needs to be reported to facebook and this person needs to know that in no uncertain terms what he has said is a crime and chargable by law!

Cats in Australia are a very hardline working breed -

perhaps the breeder only had a minimum number of homes or maybe there were birth defect issues,

culling puppies on welfare grounds is not an offence.

Edited by lilli

No it just come up on my page under one of my friends posts.

So there not even recognised in the us let alone here. I found a page for them over in the nt that claims to be breeders of them an he had a lot of pigging stuff on his page that he's sellin his dogs on too

The AKC do not recognise all breeds ie Leonberger and Central Asian

and some USA breeders prefer the UKC as a register for studbook / working reasons.

Cats are FSS registered with the AKC; so are considered a breed in development for registration purposes.

Leonbergers and Central Asians are also FSS registered with the AKC.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/fss_breeds.cfm

Edited by lilli