Pet Chihuahua Pulled From Pythons Jaws

k9angel

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/break...ua-python-jaws/

A three-metre python that swallowed a family's pet dog in Cairns has almost claimed another canine victim, attempting to consume a chihuahua.

In a stroke of good luck for the tiny dog, the dog's owner was able to drag the animal out of the snake's mouth, News Limited reports.

The same snake had already stalked and eaten a nine-month-old Jack Russell terrier as it played in its backyard.

"I had come home and let Dot out as usual (into the backyard) to do her business," the Jack Russell's owner told News Limited.

"I went out an hour and a half later and came across this massive big amethystine python, with a big lump in it."

The woman had become so distressed she moved out of her home after the incident.

The incident comes after reports of a scrub python feeding on a 35kg pet goat in the nearby town of Kuranda two weeks ago.

I wonder about the accuracy of this story. I've always understood that the dog would be well and truly dead by the time the snake starts to eat it. It would first be crushed and suffocated before the snake gets its jaws onto it. I dont claim to be a snake expert though, I'm only going on what David Attenborough and the likes have told me.

We have clients with a litter of pups one of which was resuscitated last week after having been down a carpet snake up to its hips, pup looked dead when they found it but, is now running around with it's litter mates happy as larry.

I think it really depends on the size of the snake and the size of the animal it is trying to swallow as to the approach the snake takes.