Fleas Seem To Be Gone But Dogs Are Still Scratching

Daisy

Like many people we have had a bit of a flea problem lately. Even though I seem to have gotten rid of the fleas (no visible signs of them), some of my dogs are still scratching, to the point that one of my greyhounds is starting to get patches under his fur that almost look like grazes :) Is there anything I can use to help ease the itch, or do i need to take him to the vet?

Edited by Daisy

thanks :( Have to pop down to woollies this afternoon, will have to see if they have any - would it be with tea/coffee or in the health food section do you think?

Haven't seen it in the supermarket but you can get it at the Health Food Shops :)

I got my calendula tea from GNC but other health food shops would have it too. Recently my boy has been having itchies that could not be relieved by the calendula but APEX lotion really did the trick. I've also tried aloe vera gel and paw paw ointment (the latter being too messy and sticky) before but they did little to relieve the urge to itch (apart from the aloe vera being cooling). I'd say try the calendula first as that has worked the best out of the natural remedies I've tried, if not the lotion I have has a numbing (anaesthetic) agent that diminishes the itch and redness too. Then again it isn't something you would want to rely on for long-term daily applications as constant use can have side effects =s

Edited by sezling