Sasha's Blend - Does It Really Improve Joint Mobiltity?

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had experience using "Sasha's Blend" for joint problems. Have you noticed any improvement in your dog?

My 3yo Samoyed has mild HD, over extended hock joints, and currently shoulder problems.

I'm considering trying "Sasha's Blend" as my vet has recommended it for my boy.

Any thought's opnion's are welcome :flame:

Cheers,

XXToughgirlXxxx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help with Sasha's Blend, but my now 10yo boofer has been on Joint Guard for a couple of years now.

When I ran out once, he was visibly uncomfortable when standing up and lying down within 4 or 5 days. I haven't let a tub get empty since then without having a new tub on-hand! So it sure seems to make a difference. And it doesn't smell like SB does.

I use Joint Guard liver treats daily for my chihuahua with lupus, who has joint degeneration. I put him on it when he was 4 and started to struggle to jump onto my bed, which isn't high. Within three weeks of being on joint guard, he had learnt to climb the four foot fences and get out of our yard! We had do redo them in colourbond. So I am a huge believer in joint guard!

I use Sasha's Blend for my 2 yr old rottie who has mild hip dysplasia and found it to be effective. I have tried the Rufus and Coco joint formula and am going to try the Vet's All Natural Joint Formula next (only because I have recently switched to feeding this program to my other dog and used their skin supplement with GREAT success).

I didn't find any difference with the Rufus and Coco one, only that it was more expensive and harder to get.

BTW look online for buying Sasha's Blend, I found it to be up to $20 cheaper then in Pet Barn or Pet Stock.

Guest Willow

I have tried both Sashas Blend & Joint guard in the past, but have found the best relief with Pentosan or Cartrophen injections from the vets .......I know some people who swear by the powders though, so i guess maybe our boy was just one of those ones who they don't work for.

I've been using SB with Ruby for about six weeks now, no real improvement to speak of. :confused:

Her issues are ruptured cruciate ligament (just repaired a week ago), mild HD, arthritis (she's 9 yrs old now). SB hasn't helped her joints at all, she's just as stiff and sore as before the SB started. I've heard joint guard is better so may try that next. She will be having cartrophen for a while as she recovers from the surgery...she's currently on rimadyl but even that's not helping much so I'm upping the dose from today to see if that helps (she's on half the dose she's had previously so I'm resuming the earlier dosage). She's going back early next week for a re-check and stitches removal. I'll also start her on physio to improve her range-of-motion because she's so limited at the moment. :o

I've always bought my Joint Guard from here. It's the cheapest supplier I've found, and Trent (???) is speedy with his service. He'll call within half an hour of me placing an order, to take my credit card details over the phone, and the tub will be in the post that afternoon.

I used Sasha's Blend for my old BC/Kelpie cross (RIP). It helped her for some years but as her arthritis got worse it didn't do as much for her. I switched to Joint Guard because it has MSM in it which I read was an anti inflamatory. It helped her more than the Sasha's Blend did but we eventually ended up on metacam because nothing else was working.

In our experience it certainly did at the time:) It also improved her overall sparkle :dunce:

We recently changed to Joint Guard as she was showing signs of having arthritis again. Her mobility might be better with Joint Guard but I must confess that I think that she has lost a bit of her glow.

I think I'll try Joint Guard as most of you speak so highly of it :(

Thank you all for your replies :mad

Mooper, thanks for the link for Joint Guard :)

I'll give everyone updates on how Simba is going.

Cornell, I hope your girl is feeling better soon.

lillysmum, my thoughts are with you. I hope Ruby improves with the cartrophen and the physio :dunce:

All of you give big hugs to your dogs from me :)

It's not nice when they are in pain.

XXToughgirlXX

I think it really depends on how bad the arthritis is.

It used it on my girl and it didn't really help but I've heard other people had good results. I've also heard good outcommes from people who use GLYDE but is is VERY VERY expensive!

I think these products containing chondroitin and glucosamine can help prevent further damage to joint, but they can't actually fix any existing damage.

You could also try cartrophen injections

I have tried both Sashas Blend & Joint guard in the past, but have found the best relief with Pentosan or Cartrophen injections from the vets .......I know some people who swear by the powders though, so i guess maybe our boy was just one of those ones who they don't work for.

I am the same, i have tired At on SB or JG and no sign, the cartrophen injections make a huge huge improvement - he has arthritis in his front feet, at this stage he is only having the injections as needed every few months (he is only 6) but think once winter hits I am going to have to get them pretty regularly :laugh:

My 12yo had her first cartrophen injection last week and I can see the difference already :coffee: . She had stiffness in her back legs to the point where on our daily walk she would leave drag marks in the gravel and wobble a bit. She has a huge improvement in her movement and after her second injection on Wednesday I expect to see an even better result. She seems a lot happier in herself as well. I,m thinking my 14yo cat will be next as she is very stiff in the rear end, has anyone used it on their cat and had good results?

How expensive are cartophen injections? I'm guessing you don't need them all the time in the beginning? Bambi has arthritis in her spine and I am dreading this winter (especially the three weeks I'll be in England :)). She's on the Vets All Natural joint forumla and also gluco tablets, which is fine over summer, but I've only been through one winter with her so far, and my vet has told me it will get worse as she ages.

I'm also a Joint Guard fan - done wonders for my dog, and my parent's dogs :rainbowbridge:

I don't partic like the Vets All Natural Joint formula though - my dog hates it (and she's usually not fussy in the slightest )- plus you have to use more powder so it isn't quite as cost effective as you'd think!).

My dog also has cartrophen injections as well though..

How expensive are cartophen injections? I'm guessing you don't need them all the time in the beginning? Bambi has arthritis in her spine and I am dreading this winter (especially the three weeks I'll be in England :(). She's on the Vets All Natural joint forumla and also gluco tablets, which is fine over summer, but I've only been through one winter with her so far, and my vet has told me it will get worse as she ages.

Hi Koemi,

I pay around $30.00 for one injection. Simba has to have one every week for 4 weeks.

XXToughgirlXXxx

We use Sasha's for Doof - he tends to jar up after chasing the ball or running around a bit - usually seems to hurt his back. Since he was on the sasha's he hasn't jarred up once, we are really impressed with it. It does stink like you would not believe but the dogs love it dry over their kibble. We ran out recently and they both refused to eat without it!