Arghhhhh Family & Dogs!

Zensu

My siister in law and her hubby had 2 dogs... Cody -probably about 12 years old, he was a rescue and Macky a 4 year old Jack Russell X. They have had Macky all his life and Cody for about 6 years.

Suddenly Macky has decided to fight with Cody... after several weeks of locking Macky in a shed (lets not go there either :o ) they decided that Macky has to go. Do they rehome him?? NO!!! tHEY TIED HIM TO THEIR LETTER BOX AND THEN THEY BLOODY RING ANIMAL WELFARE!!! Tell them there is a stray (of course the dogs arent registered or microchipped etc)

By this time, my SIL is 38 weeks pregnant with their 2nd child and has said to her OH that after Cody dies, they are not having any more dogs until the renovate to back yard. "we love Cody, he is a great dog raah rah rah"

So we go there for dinner last week and Cody is flea infested and super thin, i ask what they are feeding him, and they are feeding him only plain label dry food. I then "VERY politely" tell them that when you earn over 2000 dollars a week you can afford to buy your dog meat and decent dry food... this doesnt go down terribly well... dinner is very awkward after this... my hubby kicks me under the table and reminds me that not everyone has the same views on their dogs as we do... I sit silently and fume throughout the entire meal.

After dinner we get in the car to go home... It takes me about 3 seconds (dont think we had finished reversing out of their driveway) to explode and rant all the way home... GRR GRR GRR

So tonight we go to the In Laws for a BBQ and my SIL and her OH are there and GUESS WHAT!!! They have a new puppy.. a pure bred "Blue Heeler" with papers... Hubby kicks me before i say anything and pushed me outside to cook the BBQ.

The puppy is a sweet enough little thing, about 6 months old, skinny, needs worming etc, and is probably a Cattle Dog X Kelpie or something similar. SIL and her OH are slightly offended when i wont pat the puppy too much after they inform me it isnt vaccinated... I have a 12 week old puppy at home..

Dinner is served and they inform me that Cody doesnt like the puppy so tomorrow they are tying him to the letter box and ringing animal welfare... We're talking a 12 year old rottie... he isnt going to be rehomed, they will put him down :rofl::rofl:

I am seriously so bloody angry and disgusted... My family has always had show dogs (i'm third generation) so am i being a dog Nazi?? Or am i justified in being a ranting bitch??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF. I dont know how you manage to restrain yourself or can even bring yourself to be in the same room as them. I know they are family but I just couldnt do it.

Where do they live? Can you report them to animal welfare? Who honestly ties a dog up to the letterbox and does that - I am honestly dumbfounded.

My siister in law and her hubby had 2 dogs... Cody -probably about 12 years old, he was a rescue and Macky a 4 year old Jack Russell X. They have had Macky all his life and Cody for about 6 years.

Suddenly Macky has decided to fight with Cody... after several weeks of locking Macky in a shed (lets not go there either :o ) they decided that Macky has to go. Do they rehome him?? NO!!! tHEY TIED HIM TO THEIR LETTER BOX AND THEN THEY BLOODY RING ANIMAL WELFARE!!! Tell them there is a stray (of course the dogs arent registered or microchipped etc)

By this time, my SIL is 38 weeks pregnant with their 2nd child and has said to her OH that after Cody dies, they are not having any more dogs until the renovate to back yard. "we love Cody, he is a great dog raah rah rah"

So we go there for dinner last week and Cody is flea infested and super thin, i ask what they are feeding him, and they are feeding him only plain label dry food. I then "VERY politely" tell them that when you earn over 2000 dollars a week you can afford to buy your dog meat and decent dry food... this doesnt go down terribly well... dinner is very awkward after this... my hubby kicks me under the table and reminds me that not everyone has the same views on their dogs as we do... I sit silently and fume throughout the entire meal.

After dinner we get in the car to go home... It takes me about 3 seconds (dont think we had finished reversing out of their driveway) to explode and rant all the way home... GRR GRR GRR

So tonight we go to the In Laws for a BBQ and my SIL and her OH are there and GUESS WHAT!!! They have a new puppy.. a pure bred "Blue Heeler" with papers... Hubby kicks me before i say anything and pushed me outside to cook the BBQ.

The puppy is a sweet enough little thing, about 6 months old, skinny, needs worming etc, and is probably a Cattle Dog X Kelpie or something similar. SIL and her OH are slightly offended when i wont pat the puppy too much after they inform me it isnt vaccinated... I have a 12 week old puppy at home..

Dinner is served and they inform me that Cody doesnt like the puppy so tomorrow they are tying him to the letter box and ringing animal welfare... We're talking a 12 year old rottie... he isnt going to be rehomed, they will put him down :rofl::rofl:

I am seriously so bloody angry and disgusted... My family has always had show dogs (i'm third generation) so am i being a dog Nazi?? Or am i justified in being a ranting bitch??

No, you're not being a ranting bitch at all, you are being perfectly reasonable.

Another very good reason why owners should be licenced, not the dog. The problem is that some of us have a throe away mentality, and I can't stand that way of thinking. A friend of mine, who is a supposed dog lover commented to me that I shouldn't be paying out so much money for vet treatment on my 12.5 yr. old mini schnauzer because he is already old, and maybe I should have him put down. I'm surprised that I even talk to her anymore!!!!!! I tried to explain to her that he came home as a 10 week old puppy, and he will stay until he is ready to give up the ghost. She can't fathom that.

I'd be on the phone to animal welfare tomorrow and TELL THEM WHAT IS GOING ON!! :o Tell them that you know this person is going to ring animal welfare and say they've got a stray when they're just getting rid of their dog.

Would they surrender the dog to someone?

What horrible people :rofl: People like that shouldn't be allowed to own animals :rofl:

I'm going to go and give Pele an extra big :rofl:

I went to do that and discovered that my two have had a late night dip in the shell pool.

instead I sighed and walked away :o

I'd be on the phone to animal welfare tomorrow and TELL THEM WHAT IS GOING ON!! :o Tell them that you know this person is going to ring animal welfare and say they've got a stray when they're just getting rid of their dog.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'd also dob them in about Macky while I was at it, and let the Council know that they have the puppy, and any future dog they get. If they have to register him with the council, then they can't just call animal welfare when they get sick of him. Those people need to take some responsibility for their pets. Poor dogs, that's bl**dy appalling. I don't know whether I could talk to them in a reasonable manner if I was you but if I could manage not to blow my top, I'd be dragging their sorry butts off to the pound to see just where Cody is likely to spend his last days. They need a reality check. Of course, there is a chance that although they say they love him they may not actually give a rats what happens to him, and the pound experience may have no impact on them at all. :rofl:

Out of curiosity, how did their new 6 month old pup manage not to be vaccinated by that age? I hope they are planning on remedying the situation.

I think in your shoes, I'd make a few attempts to educate them, and if nothing changed then would never speak to them again. Too damn upsetting.