Stunning, Cat Friendly, Whippet X Still Looking For Home

doctorjoel

I've been fostering a lovely dog for CPR that has had suprisingly little Interest as yet. Why this is, is beyond me, he is a great size, extremely smoochy, great with kids (including very small children) cats and other dogs. Arthur has had a rough start, is very submissive and is so desperate to bond with and please someone that he can come across a little too strong at times. He also suffers from seperation anxiety so will need a doggy companion or someone home most of the time. With some security in his life and some more training (which he responds excellently to) this little man will be a dream dog for a lucky family.

If any rescurers have had enquiries for a dog fitting this description, please refer them to Arthur at CPR. http://www.canberrapoochrescue.org.au/CPR_...ium.html#Arthur

post-32891-1269049704_thumb.jpg

Poor Arthur. He looks lovely and would be perfect for us if he lived closer as our girl is super friendly and energetic and would love a companion that would match her youthful exurberance! Sadly he is too far away but I'm hoping he finds his home soon!

Any chance of advertising him at the local obedience schools as they may know someone who is looking for a dog as great as Arthur.

How come he is listed as a whippet x - to me it seems like the other breed in there is more prominent re looks.

Maybe people are put off when they see the pic as they expect to see something more whippet like.

How come he is listed as a whippet x - to me it seems like the other breed in there is more prominent re looks.

I thought the same thing Danois. Doesn't look terrlbly whippety to me either. Looks kind of kelpie x to me from that pic.

Maybe it's just that photo :dunce:

He also suffers from seperation anxiety so will need a doggy companion or someone home most of the time.

Ugh. You have my sympathies. My most recent foster has just been adopted *Hooray* I was worried he wouldn't find a home as sep.anxiety is probably, IMO, one of the worst things a dog can have. Little buggar barked and barked when left alone & got stressed, if he had access to outside he would escape to find people - whether he had dog company or not. Thankfully someone has taken him on. Go slow with him, perhaps ask for some pro help or he will bounce back.

Good luck.

I thought the same thing Danois. Doesn't look terrlbly whippety to me either. Looks kind of kelpie x to me from that pic.

I think he might be a Sheltie/Whippet mix.

Hope he finds a home soon!

edit for spelling.

Edited by Tiara

Yep, not the best pics i know, but he is certainly at least half whippet when you see him in person. He is fine when left with another dog, so not too much trouble for a multi dog household. He just can't get enough love :dunce: poor baby

Thanks for the kind advice Tez and others, i'm sure his forever home will come along soon. Keep him in mind for anyone looking for a sighthoundy type doggy that is great with cats.

How long has he been in care?

See if you can work on the SA so he can spend time outside/away from his family, and give him some training. At the moment, it's not surprising the enquiries aren't coming in.

And good pics can make a huge difference :dunce:

I've thought the same thing myself actually, the pound had him listed as whippet/collie but he is a bit short. regardless hes markings and colours are really pretty.

I think he might be a Sheltie/Whippet mix.

Hope he finds a home soon!

edit for spelling.