Dog Park Or Beach Near Melbourne

Bokezu

We will be arriving in Melbourne 7am on the Spirit of Tasmania, we are driving 7 hrs to Pambula.

We are after somewhere to go to give the dogs a good run and feed them before setting off, has anyone any suggestions please? Thanks :)

Brighton Dog beach, it is totally fenced in and has lots of shallow areas to wade in as well as deep swimming areas.

Park in Chatsworth Av or Glyndon Av you should have no problems in finding it.

I'll second this.... would suit you perfectly Bokezu!

We will be arriving in Melbourne 7am on the Spirit of Tasmania, we are driving 7 hrs to Pambula.

We are after somewhere to go to give the dogs a good run and feed them before setting off, has anyone any suggestions please? Thanks :)

The beach right next to the ferry terminal is off lead but not fenced.

If you want somewhere really and I mean really close to the spirit, there is an off leash dog park not far from there. It is called gas works, it is not huge but there is seats and toilets and water for doggies, we go there a lot when we go to Melbourne its great!!

http://wikimapia.org/573302/Gasworks-Park

I agree too about Brighton beach but it is a long way from where you get off the boat.

Brighton Dog beach, it is totally fenced in and has lots of shallow areas to wade in as well as deep swimming areas.

Park in Chatsworth Av or Glyndon Av you should have no problems in finding it.

Brighton Dog beach is fabulous, full enclosed and plenty of sand for the dogs to run... My dogs absolutely love it there!

It is the Sandowne St beach that is off-leash and fenced in Brighton. You can actually park in Sandowne St, turn left, walk 5m and you're there. The beach called "Brighton Beach" does have dog restrictions. Sorry to be pedantic but if the OP goes to Brighton Beach they'll be very dissapointed!

It is the Sandowne St beach that is off-leash and fenced in Brighton. You can actually park in Sandowne St, turn left, walk 5m and you're there. The beach called "Brighton Beach" does have dog restrictions. Sorry to be pedantic but if the OP goes to Brighton Beach they'll be very dissapointed!

thanks megan :)

Sandowne St Beach for sure. St Kilda dog beach can get pretty stinky

thanks..when we went to Melbourne a couple of years ago we toileted them at St Kilda beach, but because we have a big trip ahead this time we want to give them a really good run and a feed, so we will be going to Sandowne St Beach, thanks everyone for your help and thanks from the dogs too :thumbsup::)

if you go to the brighton dog beach let me know when and i may be able to bring a red rascal :thumbsup:

:) might be a bit early for you Bundy's Mum....the boat gets in at 7am and its Tues morning (30th) but coming back we'll be there before the boat sails.......prob from about 5 ish (pm)that will be Tues 13th

Edited by Bokezu

if you go to the brighton dog beach let me know when and i may be able to bring a red rascal :thumbsup:

:) might be a bit early for you Bundy's Mum....the boat gets in at 7am and its Tues morning (30th) but coming back we'll be there before the boat sails.......prob from about 5 ish (pm)that will be Tues 13th

We could possibly do the 13th.. it's the day my pony will hopefully be xrayed so i'll have the day off..

if you go to the brighton dog beach let me know when and i may be able to bring a red rascal :cheer:

We could possibly do the 13th.. it's the day my pony will hopefully be xrayed so i'll have the day off..

ok, might see you and Bundy then :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
if you go to the brighton dog beach let me know when and i may be able to bring a red rascal :mad

looking for the dog beach in black rock or around there it a cliff facing you and a place to eat please help urgent