Massive Storm In Perth

SearchJane

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Loraine you beat me to it, was just about to mention the Synergy refund!

We only just got our power back late this morning, my car is dented (but not much worse than is was before, they fit right in! lol) and the front part of our house got flooded :wave: but not complaining since there are a LOT of people who were FAR worse off...

UWA Arts and Humanities (i think) library got flooded, it's underground so all the books were destroyed, and all the stained glass windows in the hall were broken...

Chester, however, didn't seem to mind the weather one bit! He slept through it!

Chester, however, didn't seem to mind the weather one bit! He slept through it!

Is he deaf? :wave:

Ha! Nope! He's either in that 'selective hearing' puppy stage... or just REALLY lazy... i'm gonna go with the latter...

Just curled up on my lap and snoozed away... while the water was gushing through the door :thumbsup:

Geez, everyone has been affected one way or another. I was at my mum's with the kids celebrating my nephew's birthday, my OH was at Cannington greyhounds about to trial dogs (thank god they hadn't gotten them out of the trailer) and took 2 hrs to get to Thornlie which usually only takes 15 mins, our streets were flooded and he had to abandon the car and wade thru knee deep water to get home to our 3 greys who were all outside and absolutely hate storms, can only imagine what they went thru, they were soaked thru and very very quiet. I was expecting them to have jumped the fence or gotten out some how, thank god our fence didn't fall down like next doors did as we back onto a park then onto a very busy road.

My mum's place in Parkwood which is in a valley had rain streaming thru all the windows and was flooding thru the back door, kids were all crying thinking they were going to die, my car parked on the verge was pelted by hail and not a scratch on it! Her power only came on this arvo and then went off again at 6, no phone at all during this time.

Driving home afterwards was very scary with two young kids in the car, no street or traffic lights, having to go so slow because of fallen trees across the roads, cars abandoned. Good work by the councils though, I went out early next morning and tree's had been removed from the road etc..

We survived with only minor damage... very thankful for that... but we are still dealing with brown outs and black outs in my area... and they don't know when we will have proper power back - so I'm just making the most of it whilst we do have it!! Its painful, as I run my business from home, so no power in my home or office!! :wave: I'm hoping we are back on line now, as we've had power for most of the evening, but we just don't know...

After not being able to get fuel due to the service stations having no power and my cars low fuel warning light flashing I was begining to wonder if I'd be walking to work today. Drove in the hope of reaching the service station in time and finding it open for business chanting away to myself "I think I can, I think I can." and as I pulled into the open servo let out a pleased cheer of I CAN! With the amount of fuel it took I think I probabaly only had a couple of cups of fuel left in the tank if I was lucky and I drive a big van. Can't say I was really up to walking so was really pleased it held out. Luckily the power at home was only out for about 11 hours and the foodstuffs were fine as I kept it all closed up. Feel so sorry for those with damage as they said on the news tonight that some of the damage might not be fixed for more than a year. :wave: In all honesty I think that is ridiculous, insurance companies and the government should be looking at getting people in from interstate if necessary to assist those affected as soon as possiable, I'm sure they have suffered enough stress already.

Geez, everyone has been affected one way or another. I was at my mum's with the kids celebrating my nephew's birthday, my OH was at Cannington greyhounds about to trial dogs (thank god they hadn't gotten them out of the trailer) and took 2 hrs to get to Thornlie which usually only takes 15 mins, our streets were flooded and he had to abandon the car and wade thru knee deep water to get home to our 3 greys who were all outside and absolutely hate storms, can only imagine what they went thru, they were soaked thru and very very quiet. I was expecting them to have jumped the fence or gotten out some how, thank god our fence didn't fall down like next doors did as we back onto a park then onto a very busy road.

My mum's place in Parkwood which is in a valley had rain streaming thru all the windows and was flooding thru the back door, kids were all crying thinking they were going to die, my car parked on the verge was pelted by hail and not a scratch on it! Her power only came on this arvo and then went off again at 6, no phone at all during this time.

Driving home afterwards was very scary with two young kids in the car, no street or traffic lights, having to go so slow because of fallen trees across the roads, cars abandoned. Good work by the councils though, I went out early next morning and tree's had been removed from the road etc..

So City of Gosnells are good for something, then? :wave:

Yes apparently they are very good at getting rid of trees :thumbsup:

Yes apparently they are very good at getting rid of trees :thumbsup:

Only if noone's sitting in it :thumbsup:

So City of Gosnells are good for something, then? :laugh:

Yes apparently they are very good at getting rid of trees :(

Only if noone's sitting in it :D

too funny! :laugh:

Unfortunately the tree man is fine and now has proof his tree is strong and won't drop it's branches - despite an earlier bullshit claim by him that he was struck by lightening. Nothing's going to bring him down now!

Actually the tree's on the road were on Bannister Road, Canning Vale so that's City of Canning so no City of Gosnells are still shit! lol

Edited by jazzyjules

He goes to the toilet in a bucket and lowers it down to the ground and his son empties it.

:laugh:

He has two buckets, one for #1's and one for #2's. :laugh:

I take my hat off to his tenacity and persistance. It would not be an easy task to live in a tree for such a long time.

And the fact it didn't blow over in the storm, whereas other trees the council said were safe DID blow over - makes one wonder!

Edited by Golden Rules

Wow we must've been lucky - no damage, my car was in the garage, hubbys car got dents from the hail - but it is a work car anyway :thumbsup: and we kept our power on - a few flicks on / off and that was it.

'Course I haven't been out to our place in Chittering yet, so I hope our shed and water tank are still there :laugh:

This is going to put pressure on the building industry too I suppose :)

http://www.thornlietreeman.com/

I so feel for his neighbours & especially the old couple who have been abused & had stuff thrown through there windows by supporters & ge sits in his tree & says nothing .

He has his own website?? hasn't been updated for a while, love how they are taking donations - aren't we already donating thru our taxes.. poor neighbours - you gotta feel for them, I bet the council is really p*ssed now.

I heard that when he's in court he's got a roster system of people who are going to stay up there until he get's back, he's so paranoid COG are going to cut it down when he leaves it.

Have to laugh, one of the adverts on his website is for a handgun safe! wft? :whiteflag: