Schutzhund Trained Dogs

Excellent - yet there seems to be a stead-fast group of nay-sayers who refuse to 'get it', or perhaps refuse to acknowledge or agree that they 'get it'.

Although not as thorough as the demonstration in the video footage, a segment at the recent NDTF Conference also demonstrated (live) how safe a dog trained this way is.

oh yes it's all about creating out of control maniacs :(

i'l have to video my bitch and show her drive control. You can bop her on the face with a drive toy and she wont eyen open her mouth unless I give the word, and spits out straight away on command.

not hard at all really, I dont see why so many people are mystified by it

OMG What a beautiful place to train. At the very least they have stunning views to look at while they wait their turn :(.

Yep, dangerous dogs - my sexi lexi (a pretty show dog) nearly ruined the door to her berth in the trailer trying to get a sleeve in there once - very funny girl - she won it and she was taking it home !!!.

Yep Erny I agree about the nay - sayers its funny in most European countries you cant even get a show title on a working breed until you have a Sch title because that proves your dog is of sound temperament and safe. Yet here in Aus we think we can reinvent the wheel..... makes no sense to me.

Yep Erny I agree about the nay - sayers its funny in most European countries you cant even get a show title on a working breed until you have a Sch title because that proves your dog is of sound temperament and safe. Yet here in Aus we think we can reinvent the wheel..... makes no sense to me.

Most of the working dog breeders that do require Schutzhund titles by world standards to maintain the breeds integrity are breeding show dogs preferring the minimal amount of effort required in training and preparation in order to enter a show. Schutzhund training and titling breeding stock is too hard for these breeders so they all get together with the breed clubs and make up their own rules. The sad part is, they are destroying the breed in the process ;)

Edited by Longcoat

Found this on facebook... found it interesting.

Please support the Sport of Schutzhund in Australia by signing on as a member of the Global Friends of Schutzhund. Please fill out the attached (Word doc) form to register your support and then email it to [email protected] Or you can register your support as a Global Friend ...via the Schutzhund Australia website www.schutzhundaustralia.com

Help Schutzhund Australia Inc. in its fight against a hostile, ongoing propaganda campaign and the anti-Schutzhund activities practiced over many years against our sport; chiefly instigated from within the leadership of the German Shepherd Dog Council of Australia - an Organization whose Constitution claims to promote the "development and improvement of the German Shepherd Dog within Australia" but which does not see fit to mention as one of it's Objects the preservation and improvement of the breed's actual working abilities. Instead, this supposed protector of the German Shepherd Dog has engaged in nefarious anti-Schutzhund activities such as lobbying the Australian National Kennel Club to intervene to overturn a vote by their own membership to support the sport; as well as under-the-table lobbying of State Government agencies with an aim to create legislation targeting Australians engaging in the sport and introducing discrimatory laws against Australian-titled Schutzhund dogs - all actions which seek to depress the sport's ability to develop and grow its membership and our people's ability to meet and practice our sport freely without fear or favour, on an equal basis to other canine sports in our Australian states.

We who truly love Schutzhund need to show that the sum of our Sport stands for much, much more than our smallest parts. This great international dog sport in our wonderful sport-loving country needs your support.

We ask readers to please fill out and return the attached membership form to the address cited at the bottom of the document and please visit our Facebook website to leave your comments:

Join other proud global members at http://www.facebook.com/pages/GLOBAL-FRIEN...84537797?ref=mf PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH ALL YOUR SPORTDOG FRIENDS!See MoreSchutzhund Australia

www.schutzhundaustralia.com

Schutzhund Australia Inc. (also trading as Working German Shepherds Australia Inc.) is foremost dedicated to Dogsport/Schutzhund/VPG/IPO as the International Sport for Working Dogs, developing Australian and New Zealand teams for high performance competition. ...

'kamukeli' date='25th Mar 2010 - 11:08 PM' post='4417543']

Found this on facebook... found it interesting.

Please support the Sport of Schutzhund in Australia by signing on as a member of the Global Friends of Schutzhund. Please fill out the attached (Word doc) form to register your support and then email it to [email protected] Or you can register your support as a Global Friend ...via the Schutzhund Australia website www.schutzhundaustralia.com

Help Schutzhund Australia Inc. in its fight against a hostile, ongoing propaganda campaign and the anti-Schutzhund activities practiced over many years against our sport; . Instchiefly instigated from within the leadership of the German Shepherd Dog Council of Australia - an Organization whose Constitution claims to promote the "development and improvement of the German Shepherd Dog within Australia" but which does not see fit to mention as one of it's Objects the preservation and improvement of the breed's actual working abilitiesead, this supposed protector of the German Shepherd Dog has engaged in nefarious anti-Schutzhund activities such as lobbying the Australian National Kennel Club to intervene to overturn a vote by their own membership to support the sport; as well as under-the-table lobbying of State Government agencies with an aim to create legislation targeting Australians engaging in the sport and introducing discrimatory laws against Australian-titled Schutzhund dogs - all actions which seek to depress the sport's ability to develop and grow its membership and our people's ability to meet and practice our sport freely without fear or favour, on an equal basis to other canine sports in our Australian states.

The GSDC's anti-Schutzhund policies is purely of self interest. It's a blatant lie that the GSDC has any interest in preserving the breeds integrity whatsoever :whiteflag:

Well I think not.

Watch this clip it shows how they are equipment focused SPORT dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/danielayko#p/a/u/0/1JpbsEkCc54

Thanks for posting the link. Very well trained dogs who are obviously having a great time!

I only wish Schutzhund classes were available here in the ACT. I would love to look into the possibility of my boy being suitable for such a great sport.

I only wish Schutzhund classes were available here in the ACT. I would love to look into the possibility of my boy being suitable for such a great sport.

We wish the same here, too. But the upper ranks above us with a different and more personal agenda, have vetoed the sport making it really difficult to partake in. Shame. Much.

Edited by Erny

The first video is from Vienna they were going through exactly the same political propoganda as we are here and well good news came in today from our friends in Europe.........

"ANNOUNCEMENT"

Bless Vienna's politicians for making the effort to become fully informed first hand

and not autocratically imposing unfair legislation on the wonderful sport of Schutzhund!

Its time for the ANKC, GSDCA & our politicians to wake up and see the multiple benefits

provided by the soundly accredited, mainstream hobby the sport of SchH/IPO represents.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

On behalf of Mr. Robert Markschlaeger, ÖKV Leistungsreferent (The Secretary of the Austrian Kennel Club's working dog section), I am pleased to inform you that today, the 24.3.2010 at 9.30 in the morning, he was informed by a phone call from Mrs Sima, Minister for Environment, that Working Dog Sport in accordance with the ÖPO/IPO run by the Austraian Kennel Club (FCI) in the section 1/2/3 in Part C, was not affected by the proposed "Dangerous Dog Legislation" in Vienna.

For this important clarification, we wish to sincerely thank the Minister, Mrs. Sima, and all those who have in any form helped in this matter of great importance for Austrian dog sport.

This matter is herewith brought to a sensible and happy end.

In the aftermath, to look for someone to blame for bringing this matter up in the first place will not be productive. Now the much more important thing is to look to the future and to promote the working dog sport in the wider community, in order to give this beautiful sport the full credit it truly deserves.

With friendly regards,

Ing. Roman Rauner and Friends

Good news!!

It might do well for this announcement to be made known to the 'powers that be' in our own State. Might also do well to know the evidence/submissions that were made to Vienna's Minister for Environment, so that we too can know that we have submitted similar/same, if not more.

Glad that the Government of Vienna is showing some sense and fairness.

Because they see the 'bite work' and because the media stirs things up and calls it 'attack work' or other nonsense, the general public sees this as a display of aggression in the same vein as they do when they see dogs attacking people/kids on TV.

It's called ignorance.

The other issue are those that train that have no idea what they are doing and push dogs that do not have the inner strength to perform this sport.

Because they see the 'bite work' and because the media stirs things up and calls it 'attack work' or other nonsense, the general public sees this as a display of aggression in the same vein as they do when they see dogs attacking people/kids on TV.

It's called ignorance.

The other issue are those that train that have no idea what they are doing and push dogs that do not have the inner strength to perform this sport.

We can't control what people do when training in private, but I can tell you for a fact Angelsun, that no clubs in affiliation with Schutzhund Australia train and push unsuitable dogs. In fact it's sad to see the amount of supposed champion breedings that fail the initial character test and are rejected as unsuitable for the sport.

We can't control what people do when training in private, but I can tell you for a fact Angelsun, that no clubs in affiliation with Schutzhund Australia train and push unsuitable dogs. In fact it's sad to see the amount of supposed champion breedings that fail the initial character test and are rejected as unsuitable for the sport.

I agree with this - and I see that might be a problem for some as no-one would like to be 'rejected' from any sport because their dog's not up to it. Perhaps rather than face and admit that they have been or might be 'rejected' it is easier to say "the sport is dangerous and should be banned" ???

Edited by Erny