Justice For Tango.supreme Court 29th March Brisbane

tybrax

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you disagree with Ms Brashears and Harveys argument? not really just for you Jed, what do other owners think?

did people think that getting a papered amstaff is just getting a legal pitbull?

I don't really think that something you want posted on a public forum where anyone can see it at the moment really...

Having read all of the thread (thanks tybrax & everyone for the info) I feel that all of the AST clubs should approach other breed clubs for their support and everyone should essentially stop slinging mud, whether a dog is papered or not, pure bred or mongrel, i don't care, all dogs have a right to life and as our beloved pets deserve the very best that we can give them, just like John was fighting for tango, all dog owners have a right to own whatever breed they want and should fight for that freedom of choice but be responsible enough to do the dog and it's breed justice.

People arguing on an internet thread, is just that, an internet thread...(don't get me wrong i enjoy it) the big picture is that potentially tens of thousands of dogs could fall foul to a pathetic law that possibly in a few years they could say, "hey we got it wrong, lets change it but put more emphasis on responsible owners." Or even worse, all big dogs will be a thing of the past and we'll have no choice.

Everyone in court today was fighting for us and any dog that resembles a pitbull, hell both my dogs do, and i'll happily donate to them to keep going.

There's plenty of people on this thread with big opinions and good reasoning, maybe collectively we could start a public rally, for all dogs big and small.

This really is crunch time, and if we as owners let this pass without making a lot of noise, (contructively of course) we'll be stuck with whatever some politician thinks he'll win votes with.

Papered dog owners should be even more concerned as their is proof of where you live and the dogs you own, is everyone going to wait and put their heads in the sand until the council comes knockin for your dog.

For all the people involved in the case, thank you for your hard work, i as a dog owner appreciate it.

The Amstaffs with papers ( the breed clubs and the state controlling bodies ) need to go it on their own, not fight the battle for the unpapered mongrel.

They need to do what was done in NSW and make sure the future of the papered dogs is protected.

The Amstaffs with papers ( the breed clubs and the state controlling bodies ) need to go it on their own, not fight the battle for the unpapered mongrel.

They need to do what was done in NSW and make sure the future of the papered dogs is protected.

I think that this needs support from all quarters of society and that means the unpapered mongrel owner as well, what do you think they deserve to be left out? I hear what you're saying but a papered dog has no more right to life than a mutt.

I certainly hope that other ANKC breeders are NOT of the same opinion as you SBT123 .

So if you had your way all dogs that are not ANKC registered would be thrown to the wolves so to speak.

I think this is a very selfish attitude, shame on you.

I hope you don't classify yourself as a dog lover

Council has passed the buck onto the state gov.

Logan Timms has stated he cannot comment as he has not read the submission but would like to hear from people with there concerns.

Logan Timms State gov,

[email protected]. The Department’s postal address is PO Box 15031, City East, Queensland 4002.

tybrax

I certainly hope that other ANKC breeders are NOT of the same opinion as you SBT123 .

So if you had your way all dogs that are not ANKC registered would be thrown to the wolves so to speak.

All dogs bred without ANKC papers have been under the gun for years. Why should the ANKC put the dogs of its own members in jeopardy to save dogs illegally bred by others? :laugh:

We've just seen what attempting to lump all bull breeds in together can produce - disaster for EVERYONE. :cry:

Edited by poodlefan

Remember this folks

"They came for the pit bulls and I didn't speak up as I did not own one.

They came for the GSDs, the BTs and Rotties, and still I did not speak up, as I did not own one. When they came for the dogs over 20cms high I was worried but didn't speak up, as my dog was just under.

Then they came for my dog and there was nobody left to speak for ME..."

(With apologies to the original author -

Reverend Martin Niemoeller)

Edited by DNB

Evidence provided by the applicant (Ms Chivers) has potentially ruined an entire ANKC registered breed (The Amstaff).

For those here who have had input into the "Tango" case. Do us all a favor, if a full bench Supreme Court appeal is granted, don't drag any other purebred ANKC registered breeds into the case and put them into a precarious position as what's been done to the Amstaff.

Thanks

All dogs bred without ANKC papers have been under the gun for years. Why should the ANKC put the dogs of its own members in jeopardy to save dogs illegally bred by others? :laugh:

We've just seen what attempting to lump all bull breeds in together can produce - disaster for EVERYONE. :cry:

Illegally bred.. how about ignorantly bred, breeding unpapered dogs is not illegal (though if it was we prob wouldn't be having this convo.).. I understand that the ANKC should put the dogs of its members first but BSL covers all of society, and not everyone is in a breed club and this needs their support too.

I hope that people with papered dogs will help people with so called 'mutts' as it is not their fault they have no papers.

I have regularly got the impression on this site that all some people care about is the peice of paper that sets them apart fom the rest (or should i say above the rest) i understand where you're coming poodlefan, it's because of BYB and the idiot owners that BSL is here in the first place, and all the papered owners have done the right thing, i just couldn't take the stance of 'who gives a crap about the mutts'.

Edited by geo

Illegally bred.. how about ignorantly bred, breeding unpapered dogs is not illegal (though if it was we prob wouldn't be having this convo.).. I understand that the ANKC should put the dogs of its members first but BSL covers all of society, and not everyone is in a breed club and this needs their support too.

I hope that people with papered dogs will help people with so called 'mutts' as it is not their fault they have no papers.

I have regularly got the impression on this site that all some people care about is the peice of paper that sets them apart fom the rest (or should i say above the rest) i understand where you're coming poodlefan, it's because of BYB and the idiot owners that BSL is here in the first place, and all the papered owners have done the right thing, i just could take the stance of 'who gives a crap about the mutts'.

I hope that it can be fought together - not separate the mutts from the registered dogs. Of course there is a difference, but ALL dogs are in danger.

I have a mutt - who is council registered as a Mastiff cross. It's not her or my fault that she was irresponsibly bred, it's not her fault she was left at the pound to die, it's not her fault that she had to spend time in a kennel with rescue - waiting for someone to give her a chance. She is a good dog, no less deserving to be fought for than the purebred down the road, and she is no less loved or valuable in our eyes.

:(

dear doG in heaven! just listen to us.. we are supposedly dog lovers and are arguing like a pack of fools.. when BSL was originally introduced many peopole were perfectly happy as they indeed thought it would only affect those nasty misbegotten fighting dogs owned by tattooed yobbos ( afterall the other breeds banned were not common here) . i called around many organisations ssing their views on BSL it it was always "pitbulls who in their right mind would want toown one of the slavering killers? when you can have your choice of any other lovely breed"... their words not mine... iwould gaze down at myjake and fear for his life.

most choose to believe that this is a good thing eradicate pitbulls.... and complacently believe that it would not spread certainly not to ANKC registered breeds! well lookee now it has.. ask yourselves where will it stop?????????????

act together for all dogs regardless of breed that it the only way to have any hope of commonsense returning

this is a sad day for responsible dog people

Helen

Plenty of people who are registered breeders have fought hard for the mutts as well. But if people don't want to help themselves then at the end of the day how can you help them? This case is very disturbing, I don't understand how anyone can be that shortsighted and have done this to another breed to save their own dog. The dog could have lived its life elsewhere, not been kenneled for 5 years and the pro-BSL brigade wouldn't have been handed a registered breed on a plate.

Council has passed the buck onto the state gov.

Logan Timms has stated he cannot comment as he has not read the submission but would like to hear from people with there concerns.

Logan Timms State gov,

[email protected]. The Department's postal address is PO Box 15031, City East, Queensland 4002.

tybrax

Is there some kind of template or something that we can use to send to the email address? Many people would like to help, but for me, I'd like to make sure what I was sending was factual and relevant as possible.

I hope that makes sense :shrug:

Unless your dog is on a working registry then no dogs should be bred without ANKC papers. People need to realise that if they buy unpapered dogs they won't get the same support from the ANKC as the recognised breeds do.

Breeders shouldn't sell there pups to pet shops. :shrug: