Facebook!

toughgirl27

i thought everyone had a fb account these days :laugh:

I've got a couple of facebook accounts. Facebook, I find, is really confusing and I tend to get very lost. One moment I'm in my facebook, the next I find myself in someone else's and any hint of conversation is disjointed and/or non-existent. Obviously I'm doing something really wrong.

<sigh> I need a teenage daughter or son, I think. I'm not of the "computer era" generation.

I've got a couple of facebook accounts. Facebook, I find, is really confusing and I tend to get very lost. One moment I'm in my facebook, the next I find myself in someone else's and any hint of conversation is disjointed and/or non-existent. Obviously I'm doing something really wrong.

<sigh> I need a teenage daughter or son, I think. I'm not of the "computer era" generation.

fb takes some time to get used to AND they keep changing it grrr so you dont need to be or have a teenager to help...it really takes time.

Julesluvscavs...i just added the dol thing thanks for the link :laugh:

I'm lucky I have younger siblings who grew up talking tech speak. Very useful. :laugh:

Crazy to think that there are people growing up now who have never not known how to use a computer. I remember having typewriters at school instead. And I'm not THAT old.

Crazy to think that there are people growing up now who have never not known how to use a computer. I remember having typewriters at school instead. And I'm not THAT old.

:laugh: .... nice that there are some who can empathise, although I strongly suspect that you are in the 'over-lap' generation, Star. We had typewriters at school too (certainly not computers ...... to have a computer you had to be a multi-millionaire and you also had to have a whole room dedicated to just the computer engine !! :laugh:) .. Oh - and the typewriters we had at school were manual, not electric. But we thought we were the bees knees because we had them :laugh:.

I also remember the transitional period - I was working by that stage. It was a type-writer, but with a computer screen. You could type up your docs and proof them before you printed. It was just a step up from the normal electric typewriter though.

Then along came computers and boy, we've ventured a long way with them since then.

But Facebook? It continues to puzzle me. As so many other computer-techno/internet things do.

Never mind ..... I'll muddle along as I do and learn piecemeal, ever so slowly :laugh:.

Edited by Erny

:laugh: .... nice that there are some who can empathise, although I strongly suspect that you are in the 'over-lap' generation, Star.

I guess I'm in the electric typewriter generation. I remember we got computers with email the year I left high school - and we were all like, "what do we want that for anyway?" :laugh:

Oh, how times have changed.

Facebook is a bit confusing though, with its multitude of ways you can post things. It's a jungle in there. In fact, I just found the nice comments you made on Fledgie's old photos the other day, months after you made them! They'd been lost in the facebook jungle for months. :laugh:

:( .... nice that there are some who can empathise, although I strongly suspect that you are in the 'over-lap' generation, Star. We had typewriters at school too (certainly not computers ...... to have a computer you had to be a multi-millionaire and you also had to have a whole room dedicated to just the computer engine !! :o) .. Oh - and the typewriters we had at school were manual, not electric. But we thought we were the bees knees because we had them :o.

I also remember the transitional period - I was working by that stage. It was a type-writer, but with a computer screen. You could type up your docs and proof them before you printed. It was just a step up from the normal electric typewriter though.

Then along came computers and boy, we've ventured a long way with them since then.

But Facebook? It continues to puzzle me. As so many other computer-techno/internet things do.

Never mind ..... I'll muddle along as I do and learn piecemeal, ever so slowly :(.

That all brings back memories Erny! I too started with the manual typewriters, then electric, then those with the tiny screens. Thank God for computers is all I can say!!! I also have a daughter to turn to with my facebook and other computer related problems, which helps a lot.

HI Facebook user here! Love your pup what breed is he/she?

Hey Grace1979,

Simba is a Samoyed :cry:

I will go to the DOLer's FB page and add myself to that! :thumbsup: Cheers julslovescavs.

Yeah I know FB can be a bit confusing :thumbsup:

But it's worth it to keep in touch with people ;)

Cheers,

XXToughgirlXxxx