New Camera-thanks All For Inspiration

Lynai

You know, all my life I have used point and clicks and this past year it has boiled down to a cellphone camera..sad sad sad...

But, I was inspired a lot by this forum and just such lovely stories out there, waiting be told through a photograph..

I am an amatuer in all regards. You may think it was a leap to go from a cellphone camera to an slr, but you know, I have no regrets, I'm having so much fun. Now I just have to find the time to really experiment and learn how to get different effects.

Anyway, one of my first shots of my boy Wowsa:

Wowsa4-2010-1.jpg

and my puppy girl Selah

Selah6mosbackgroundblurred-1.jpg

Thanks for letting me indulge a bit :) :D I'm just so excited with the new camera

Hi and thanks Krislin, I ended up with a Canon EOS Rebel Xs.

I need to research lenses in the worst way. It came with the standard 18-55 mm lens and I also purchased an 50mm 1.8...but I need more!!

I agree lovely subjects you have there.

I really like the photo of Wowsa, what a sweetie.

I am still trying to get my head around lenses, there are just to many options!

I think the best advice anyone can give when you start out is to try and use your camera all the time. I have had mine for almost a year now and I am still confused by the settings because i have not used it enough, but things are slowly changin now that I am using it more and more.

Hi and thanks Krislin, I ended up with a Canon EOS Rebel Xs.

I need to research lenses in the worst way. It came with the standard 18-55 mm lens and I also purchased an 50mm 1.8...but I need more!!

get used to using those lenses first, then you might find you want something else but you might also find they will cover your needs depending on what you take photos of.

Stunning pics :rofl:

I have been thinking of updating for a long while. I feel really frustrated with my camera, not happy with how the pics are turning out. Think I may have a problem with it. I would love to look into photography more, just lost and not sure where to go :D

Lovely pics

you wont regret buying a Canon SLR

The 50mm 1:8 is a great good value lens for pet pics.

I spent a year playing with my SLR- then bought a 24-70L lens- pricey but I love it.

Since collected a few others.

Photography and lenses are addictive.

Stunning pics :thumbsup:

I have been thinking of updating for a long while. I feel really frustrated with my camera, not happy with how the pics are turning out. Think I may have a problem with it. I would love to look into photography more, just lost and not sure where to go :)

what have you got? I decided to get a dslr after seeing dog pics on several forums. And then once you get the camera you decide you need a faster lens, then when you get the faster lens you need a faster camera to keep up with it. It's contagious, watch out! :)

I think the best advice anyone can give when you start out is to try and use your camera all the time. I have had mine for almost a year now and I am still confused by the settings because i have not used it enough, but things are slowly changin now that I am using it more and more.

If you go up to the challenges subforum, take a look through challenges from last year. Some of the challenges are about how to use the basic settings and what they do. :thumbsup:

Stunning pics :thumbsup:

I have been thinking of updating for a long while. I feel really frustrated with my camera, not happy with how the pics are turning out. Think I may have a problem with it. I would love to look into photography more, just lost and not sure where to go :)

what have you got? I decided to get a dslr after seeing dog pics on several forums. And then once you get the camera you decide you need a faster lens, then when you get the faster lens you need a faster camera to keep up with it. It's contagious, watch out! :thumbsup:

I have a Panasonic Lumix TZ1.

Often when I go to take a pic it will come across shady in my view, where it isn't in shade :) I have played with the settings so not sure if its there I have done something I shouldn't have. When I have it on simple mode this doesn't happen, its only the manual mode.

If you go up to the challenges subforum, take a look through challenges from last year. Some of the challenges are about how to use the basic settings and what they do. :D

I will have to have a look . How slack I didn't even know there were challenges in there :cheer: