Eagle Pack - Holistic Selet

Hey guys..

Just wondering your opinions on Eagle Pack Holistic Select range of food..

I am thinking about switching my whole fur family onto it, both dogs&cats..

I have read a bit about it and think it sounds good, I like the look of the ingredients.

I was just wondering if there was anyone who uses it or has opinions on why they don't use it?

I don't mind spending the money on the premium food.

I will be buying a puppy recipe & an adult dog recipe.

Hector (puppy) is currently being fed Nutro puppy large breed and Maverick (adult) is being fed supercoat adult, trying to get through the bag so I can make a change..

If any of you have opinions or other suggestions, I would love to hear them :heart:

** Note, they get chicken wings and chicken necks in with their dinner, so not just dry food diet.

I am using the EP Holistic Select Anchovy Sardine and Salmon at the moment ( I was using the Chicken and Oatmeal for large dogs but we are on a bit if an elimination diet as my boy has seasonal allergies) I really like it and so does my dog, 3 or 4 small poo's a day only. I am going to maybe try my cats on it too, I have one really fussy cat though but she runs to pick up any of the dog kibble if I drop it so it looks promising. If you email them through the EP site they send you samples.

Best of luck :heart:

I have been using it for years (Salmon & Anchovy) as I had a very itch girl and I am more than happy with it. I also used it for my recent import when she arrived from Sweden...with no ill affects from the change of diet as it also contains probiotics for the gut. I feed it to all my dogs regardless of age and would not hesitate in recommending it as a dry food of preference. I do also feed fresh meat. bones & vegetable so the dry component makes up about 1/3 of each ration.

I feed my boy, Simba the EP holistic Select Anchovy! :thumbsup:

He loves it and it's great for his coat, too.

It has added Glucosamine which is great for his joint problems.

And he never has trouble with his poo it is always firm and there is not a large amount of it :laugh:

I do think it is one of the best dry foods on the market at the moment.

XXToughgirlXXxx

I started Lincoln on EP Holistic Select, I gradually changed onto it, so no rushing and have been feeding it exclusively for close to a month. It has been great for his weight but his poos are soft, yellow and it looks like I am feeding him cheap dog food. We are starting on Nutro now because I have my older dogs on that and they do teriffic on it, thier coats are great, thier weight is easy to maintain and my older girl has really gotten a bit of spark back she didn't have on Euk.

Thanks for your input guys! :D

I just did a little "test" ..

I got a couple of samples of the holistic select & nutro in a couple of different flavours.

I placed a very small handful of nutro in one side of a double sided bowl and a small handful of the holistic select...

Waited a minute and watched which one they preferred...

and the answer is.. *drumroll* Holistic select!

So this is what I will be swapping the dogs over to and I am going to see if I can get a sample of the cat food, so the whole fur family can be on the one brand of premium food for once :rofl:

I started Lincoln on EP Holistic Select, I gradually changed onto it, so no rushing and have been feeding it exclusively for close to a month. It has been great for his weight but his poos are soft, yellow and it looks like I am feeding him cheap dog food. We are starting on Nutro now because I have my older dogs on that and they do teriffic on it, thier coats are great, thier weight is easy to maintain and my older girl has really gotten a bit of spark back she didn't have on Euk.

That is odd, Mason is the opposite on other foods he gets runny poo and goes like 10x a day, on Holistic Select he goes 3 or 4 x max and they are all small.