Mastitis Suspected, Vet Wont Help

Labs4me

Glad to hear the pups are doing well :D what a nightmare for you :laugh:

Time for some photos ;)

Mum on her wee break, breats are soft and looking normal again.

day4break.jpg

Pups enjoying a feed and as you can see having no trouble.

day4Nursing.jpg

Appoligies for the bad photo, don't like using the flash.

I hope all is going well with the pups and mum.

Can't really offer any new suggestions but I would be putting a complaint in to the AVA about the vet who would help. That is disgusting!!

They'd have to be a member

If a complaint is made, it would need to be to the Veterinary Surgeons Board

I am so glad all is going well, keep us updated with plenty of photos!!

Hi

If it is Mastitis, I also agree to using the Cabbage Leaves.

However, you actually need the dark green leaves from the outside of the cabbage, these are often the leaves your local greengrocer will remove before he/she puts the cabbages on display, your greengrocer will most probably happily give them to you.

Secondly, if and in case it is Mastitis keey your girl on the cabbage leave in the whelping box for 10 days to stop the Masitis reaccuring, at this stage puppies will be suckling enough to keep your girls breast clear. Change cabbage leaves twice daily if you can.

In future if you plan a litter with this girl again, having cabbage leaves on hand and put them at one end of the whelping box at the end of the new puppies first 24 hours.

I sympathies with what you are going thru as I have been there with a bitch myself.

There is a large choice of vets in Wagga, I am surprised you couldn't find one to help. I am also surprised the vet didn't rehydrate the puppies. Can you PM me with the vet's name who wouldn't see you?