Does Your Oh Allow Your Dog/s To Sleep On The Bed?

Abigail

OH was brought up with "dogs live outside" rule... when we moved in together, the compromise was inside when we are home, outside when we are out... no dogs on beds etc...

Spartan used to whinge when he first came, so he was on the bed with us... then James came along... was ok for a while but James had to sleep up near my head... he got too big and i was sick of waking up to a mouthful of setter hair... so i made the decision for no dogs on the bed rule...and they were turfed out to the living room!

they are allowed on the lounges though... unfortunately all our lounges have the corner of one of the arms gnawed/chewed off thanks to a very naughty weimaraner puppy!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Truth be told, I don't even like my OH in the bed. He leaves his hairs everywhere, he farts in bed, etc. LOL

Ahhh...see in actual fact my dogs shed less, snore and fart less and don't demand "favours" all the time so they're much nicer bed companions than my OH! :laugh:

The funny thing is that Mr Ellz will ring me each morning in winter and ask me "how many?". To which I will usually reply "oh 3 and 2" or "2 and 3" or some other combination.

This translates to "how cold was it last night and how many dogs/cats did you take to bed to keep warm?" :laugh:

I have a no bed rule, but Pete's been housebound for a while with a sore paw so I've let him up on my bed in the hope that more comfort would make him more likely to stay lying down and resting. Problem is I loved having him on the bed and now I want it all the time :laugh:

Our dogs sleep outside and when they're inside overnight (which is rarely) they sleep on their "inside mats" at the foot of the bed.

We've only had 1 dog stupid enough to attempt to sleep on the bed once - who was propmtly kicked off by the cats :laugh:

I originally wanted the dogs to sleep on th bed but ex OH wasn't too keen. He then moved onto loving it and I wanted to kick them off. I got them sleeping in their own beds only to find ex OH was sneaking them onto the bed. So I gave up.

When ex OH and I broke up it was the middle of winter so I kept my little hot water bottles on the bed to snuggle with. My new bf doesn't seem to mind (well hasn't mentioned anything :thumbsup: ) but am sure he wouldn't dare. So there is 4 in the bed most nights.

My dogs don't moult though and I think if I had a dog which did then there would be a strict no bed or furniture rule.

Only our little jrt Sniffy sleeps in our bed. She starts out in my daughters bed until we go to bed and then hops in with us. Pepe my papillon used to sleep in our bed but he has itchy sksin and so is always scratching and licking and drives OH crazy, so now he sleeps out on the dog bed in the kitchen with our old Bullmastiff girl, Keisha. The other 3 big dogs sleep out in their runs/kennels.

I always thought it would be nice to have a bullmastiff share your bed, but not now. After going away on numerous occasions to dogs hows etc Ive had them on my bed and I never get any sleep. They are not content to sleep at the end of the bed or on one side they want to sleep right up against/on you so you can not move with their heads on the pillow. Seriously I fight for my pillow all night. I even turned upside down once and slept up the other end, but she followed me. Never again.