Wet Cold And Dumped In Backpack

samoyedman

SICK SICK BASTARDS....

How can any human being do this to an animal... It brought a tear to my eye... Im lost for words :love:

I know I will get flamed for this, but when a dog hurts a human, they are instantly put down, yet these mongrel humans get a slap on the wrist max, I want people who do these things to animals jailed, not a $1,000 fine. :D

I certainly won't be in the flaming Mantis. I just don't understand it either. :love::love::love:

I am all for making these people experience a little bit of what they did to the animals. If this was indeed a deliberate dumping, I'd like whoever did it to be hosed down and then zippered into a canvas bag and left out in the night.

Updated link

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/104348...-drain-one-dies

A puppy has died and another has been taken into care after being found stuffed inside a soaking wet zipped-up backpack dumped in a stormwater drain in Sydney's west.

The shocking find has angered RSPCA inspectors who say it is unclear how long the dogs suffered inside the small bag.

They were discovered in the drain beneath Lansdowne Road, Canley Vale on Tuesday morning after a passer-by noticed the bag moving very slightly.

The drain is next to a walkway and bike track next to Long Creek.

After opening the bag up the passer-by found the dead pup and the young adult male dog, wet, malnourished and shivering but alive.

Both were tan and white male terrier crossbreeds but it is unclear if they were related.

The small pup was likely to have died the previous night, the RSPCA says.

"It's very obviously a deliberate act of dumping and quite sad," RSPCA inspector Gillian Hay told AAP on Thursday.

"We don't know who did it or what their motivation was."

The surviving dog had suffered from fleas in the past, indicating a prolonged history of mistreatment, she added.

"He's responding well to treatment now and he's actually quite a healthy little guy. He was quite timid at first but I was with him yesterday and he's becoming more friendly."

Also inside the bag was a distinctive set of children's clothing, which it is hoped will help identify the person responsible.

It remains unclear why the clothes were in the bag and police say they have not launched an investigation.

The RSPCA has vowed to catch and punish those responsible and says they could face serious criminal charges.

The surviving dog is likely to stay with the RSPCA during the investigation but will eventually be found a new home.

From what they are saying is the dog was previously mistreeated, so I doubt a run away kids was involved :mad

Having fleas in the past is hardly an indication of mistreatment. Especially when they go on to say that the dog is "actually quite a healthy little guy". Whoever dumped the dogs is a scumbag, but it's silly to just assume it was the dogs' owners and that the dogs have been mistreated all their lives.

I wish news articles would make more sense sometimes.. were there noticable flea bites, thats why they assume he had been mistreated, because they think the owners didn't use prevention?

It just makes it sound like, that if my little fella happened to have fleas one day that I've mistreated him. :D

Either way, this story is so sad and I sure hope who ever did this gets whats coming to them. No animal deserves to be dumped like that and suffer. ;)

If there are kids clothes in the backpack,where is the kid? No one yet has worried about that,and as sad as i feel for the poor dogs,I am quite shocked no one has expressed concern for a child who may be missing/run away.

On the other hand,if it was an adult/teenagers etc,well,what goes around comes around and hopefully someone will do to them what they have done.

I know I will get flamed for this, but when a dog hurts a human, they are instantly put down, yet these mongrel humans get a slap on the wrist max, I want people who do these things to animals jailed, not a $1,000 fine. :laugh:

I'm with you...should be one charge of willful murder, and one of attempted murder, and carry similar jail time as if the victims were human.

Updated link

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/104348...-drain-one-dies

After opening the bag up the passer-by found the dead pup and the young adult male dog, wet, malnourished and shivering but alive.

The surviving dog had suffered from fleas in the past, indicating a prolonged history of mistreatment, she added.

"He's responding well to treatment now and he's actually quite a healthy little guy. He was quite timid at first but I was with him yesterday and he's becoming more friendly."

Having fleas in the past is hardly an indication of mistreatment. Especially when they go on to say that the dog is "actually quite a healthy little guy". Whoever dumped the dogs is a scumbag, but it's silly to just assume it was the dogs' owners and that the dogs have been mistreated all their lives.

For the dog to be malnourished, it would take more than a night or two - that would suggest long term mistreatment (or at least neglect).

His fearfulness would be another indicator of possible mistreatment/neglect.

There is a difference between a few fleas and the sort of infestation that would cause bad enough scarring to show that he's 'had fleas in the past'.

I think they'd have a better idea from seeing him in the flesh than we do from reading a couple of articles and seeing one photo.

Centitout, I'd be more concerned that the child is at home with the perpetrator of this crime. It strikes me that the clothes were cast offs chucked in to muffle the sounds of the dogs or as some sort of bedding? Weird to give them bedding when dumping them but who knows with these people. My concern is that the sort of person that could do this would more than likely not win parent of the year.

I wish news articles would make more sense sometimes.. were there noticable flea bites, thats why they assume he had been mistreated, because they think the owners didn't use prevention?

It just makes it sound like, that if my little fella happened to have fleas one day that I've mistreated him. :)

Noticeable flea bites only indicates that the dog currently has fleas.

You can identify prolonged flea infestation, as the coat and skin will be badly affected by the fleas, the scratching and usually by secondary infections as well.