Wet Cold And Dumped In Backpack

samoyedman

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw-...i-1225856892292

891601-abandoned-dog.jpg

HE survived the night zipped inside a saturated backpack dumped in a stormwater drain but his little companion, a young puppy, didn't make it through.

RSPCA officers are caring for the dog at their Sydney Shelter after inspectors recovered the backpack today near Lansdowne Road, Canley Vale.

As well as the two animals, neither of which was tagged, the black backpack contained several items of children's clothing, including t-shirts and pants.

A local man discovered it this morning when he noticed the bag moving while out buying a newspaper. Inside he found the adult dog alive and the dead puppy.

Whoever dumped the dogs could face animal cruelty charges and the RSPCA is appealing for help tracing the owners.

The bag has a blue American Express logo on the front pocket and was found in the drain under Lansdowne Road, next to a bike path that runs alongside Long Creek.

Anyone with information is asked to call the RSPCA on (02) 9770 7555.

:laugh: RIP poor little baby :provoke:

I hope the surviving dog now finds a wonderful forever home.......

.....and the @r$eh0le who did this is caught and dealt with to the full (although not nearly harsh enough) extent of the law :(

I wonder if a run away child did this...

It seems like it was a child who probably thought the dogs were safe in there. :provoke:

I wonder this too. Poor dogs. Hope the survivor finds a good home or is reunited with its owner (who may not be an abuser!)

Updated link

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/104348...-drain-one-dies

A puppy has died and another has been taken into care after being found stuffed inside a soaking wet zipped-up backpack dumped in a stormwater drain in Sydney's west.

The shocking find has angered RSPCA inspectors who say it is unclear how long the dogs suffered inside the small bag.

They were discovered in the drain beneath Lansdowne Road, Canley Vale on Tuesday morning after a passer-by noticed the bag moving very slightly.

The drain is next to a walkway and bike track next to Long Creek.

After opening the bag up the passer-by found the dead pup and the young adult male dog, wet, malnourished and shivering but alive.

Both were tan and white male terrier crossbreeds but it is unclear if they were related.

The small pup was likely to have died the previous night, the RSPCA says.

"It's very obviously a deliberate act of dumping and quite sad," RSPCA inspector Gillian Hay told AAP on Thursday.

"We don't know who did it or what their motivation was."

The surviving dog had suffered from fleas in the past, indicating a prolonged history of mistreatment, she added.

"He's responding well to treatment now and he's actually quite a healthy little guy. He was quite timid at first but I was with him yesterday and he's becoming more friendly."

Also inside the bag was a distinctive set of children's clothing, which it is hoped will help identify the person responsible.

It remains unclear why the clothes were in the bag and police say they have not launched an investigation.

The RSPCA has vowed to catch and punish those responsible and says they could face serious criminal charges.

The surviving dog is likely to stay with the RSPCA during the investigation but will eventually be found a new home.

From what they are saying is the dog was previously mistreeated, so I doubt a run away kids was involved :provoke:

Updated link

A puppy has died and another has been taken into care after being found stuffed inside a soaking wet zipped-up backpack dumped in a stormwater drain in Sydney's west.

The shocking find has angered RSPCA inspectors who say it is unclear how long the dogs suffered inside the small bag.

They were discovered in the drain beneath Lansdowne Road, Canley Vale on Tuesday morning after a passer-by noticed the bag moving very slightly.

After opening the bag up the passer-by found the dead pup and the young adult male dog, wet, malnourished and shivering but alive.

Both were tan and white male terrier crossbreeds but it is unclear if they were related.

"It's very obviously a deliberate act of dumping and quite sad," RSPCA inspector Gillian Hay told AAP on Thursday.

The surviving dog had suffered from fleas in the past, indicating a prolonged history of mistreatment, she added.

"He's responding well to treatment now and he's actually quite a healthy little guy. He was quite timid at first but I was with him yesterday and he's becoming more friendly."

Also inside the bag was a distinctive set of children's clothing, which it is hoped will help identify the person responsible.

It remains unclear why the clothes were in the bag and police say they have not launched an investigation.

The RSPCA has vowed to catch and punish those responsible and says they could face serious criminal charges.

The surviving dog is likely to stay with the RSPCA during the investigation but will eventually be found a new home.

From what they are saying is the dog was previously mistreeated, so I doubt a run away kids was involved :provoke:

And kids clothes were found inside the bag, god only hopes the kids are OK too, if a person can do that to an animal they are capable of anything.

SICK SICK BASTARDS....

How can any human being do this to an animal... It brought a tear to my eye... Im lost for words :provoke:

I know I will get flamed for this, but when a dog hurts a human, they are instantly put down, yet these mongrel humans get a slap on the wrist max, I want people who do these things to animals jailed, not a $1,000 fine. :laugh:

Edited by mantis

SICK SICK BASTARDS....

How can any human being do this to an animal... It brought a tear to my eye... Im lost for words :laugh:

I know I will get flamed for this, but when a dog hurts a human, they are instantly put down, yet these mongrel humans get a slap on the wrist max, I want people who do these things to animals jailed, not a $1,000 fine. :(

If you get flamed for that then Ill get banned from Dol... I want them shot :provoke: ... They dont deserve to walk amongst us... They say that animal abuse is normally 1 step before human abuse..

Updated link

Having fleas in the past is hardly an indication of mistreatment. Especially when they go on to say that the dog is "actually quite a healthy little guy". Whoever dumped the dogs is a scumbag, but it's silly to just assume it was the dogs' owners and that the dogs have been mistreated all their lives.

Edited by gila

SICK SICK BASTARDS....

How can any human being do this to an animal... It brought a tear to my eye... Im lost for words :laugh:

I know I will get flamed for this, but when a dog hurts a human, they are instantly put down, yet these mongrel humans get a slap on the wrist max, I want people who do these things to animals jailed, not a $1,000 fine. :)

If you get flamed for that then Ill get banned from Dol... I want them shot :provoke: ... They dont deserve to walk amongst us... They say that animal abuse is normally 1 step before human abuse..

Well I'll join in the lynch mob as well :dunce: I hate reading anything about animals being treated cruelly, there is just no need for this to happen :(

Now I remember why I don't come into this section much :o My God, the look on that dogs face - how the hell could anyone do that? How terrified that dog would have been, coupled with the fact his little friend didn't make it. Gonna go and hava a cry now.

Now I remember why I don't come into this section much ;) My God, the look on that dogs face - how the hell could anyone do that? How terrified that dog would have been, coupled with the fact his little friend didn't make it. Gonna go and hava a cry now.

Then give your dog a big hug & cuddles. :o