Bumps Everywere In Teh Last Couple Hours

APBT

There is an emergency vet at Delhi Rd in Ryde near the M2 junction. It looks like an allergic reaction so you need to watch the throat doesn't swell.

Edited by Janba

Yeah, after hours vets are always $$$, although the price you were quoted is quite a bit steeper than they are around here. Just wondering, have you considered pet insurance? I have it now myself (organised it too late for my little girl's OCD, unfortunately!) and it's a nice feeling knowing that for $5 a week I can pay for absolutely anything that might arise unexpectedly.

Hope she's feeling better soon.

I always keep box of Periactin tablets, available from chemists for something like $6 per 100. They are very effective antihystamine, especially for dogs. Great for people too but they make humans very drowsy; knock me out for 24 hours. Do not seem to affect a dog though this way,

Some years ago my daughter got stung right next to her eye, which blew up like a baloon. I stuck one Periactin down her throat and by the time we got to the emergency the swelling was less than half. The doctor told me that if I did not give her the tablet she would have very likely lost the eye.

Edited by delta

shes looking better this morning, and they have gone down quite a bit.

never seen anything like it before.

I don't know if this is what they are, but my boy has suffered a few bouts of hives. The first bout of hives he had, they were quite large, although I don't think as large as the largest I see in your photo.

Anyway, the main thing I had to watch for was secondary skin infection. I bathed my boy (just used a spray bottle and/or flannel saturated) using Calendula Tea and inside 24 hours the bumps (he was covered in them) were reduced to half their size. I find the Calendula takes any itchiness out (if there is any), soothes the skin (if the skin looks irritated - especially under belly and inside thighs) and beats infection. It has anti-inflammatory and natural antiseptic qualities and consequently I use it for many and varied skin complaints or even if I suspect an insect bite.

This was Mandela's second major hive outbreak ....

post-5887-1272687038_thumb.jpg

The hives were smaller this time around by comparison to the first, and he was covered in them. They may have been smaller, perhaps, because I was more prepared this time around and as soon as they began to appear I was on to them with the Calendula.

I have antihestimes in the pantry as a stand-by measure, but with the use of the Calendula I haven't needed to administer any of them.

*Touch wood* he's clear of hives at the moment.

Edited by Erny

cheers i will have to get some, what is the recommended dosage for a dog?? its given by wight?

I use the dosage given on the packet for 2 years old child - according to weight of the dog

Edited by delta

sounds like something reacted to in the garden or something? did you take your dog somewhere different yesterday?

I'd take the photos and your dog to your normal vet and seek advice what you can give if it happens again. Hope everything is okay now.