Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Hope all the Qlders are ok ... :rofl:

Yes :rofl: Watching Sky News at the moment- I can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through.

Niques, I hope you and your family managed to get over the border. It's flooding in Grafton (northern NSW) now too ;)

We made it through but hold little hope for other family coming down later in the week. There was water on the Pacific Hwy when we crossed and it's now closed. MY g'parents live in the same suburb and made it out before they were trapped there (although our local vet is separated from his family due to creek crossings going over) and made it down a couple of hours after us just before the Pacific Hwy closed. They were held up by cattle being moved to higher ground though :(

Seriously worried about James :laugh::(

Can't get flood maps to show the 1974 levels but I'm pretty sure our house is safe. Know several people by the river who have evacuated though.

Niques - just saw your other post... fingers, toes and paws crossed that James is safe! God you must be worried, you poor thing...

Minxy - you too! Stay safe!!

hmm... to lighten the mood, I thought you'd all like to know about Kuma's new collar!! We bought EzyDog stuff because I was sick to the back teeth with the Rogz stuff and the Black Dog ones we have are not good with his coat. Anyhoo, I ordered it on Monday and it was here yesterday. Talk about good service! Plus since you're dealing with a wholesaler there is no retail mark up (double woot!)

New photos:

5345169227_b24e6404f1.jpg

5345778206_8940afa15c.jpg

Kuma's new collar (again!) by shibburd, on Flickr

Niques - You must be so worried :laugh: I'm sure the kennel would have a policy of contacting everyone if they were in trouble so I'm sure James will be just fine! I know it's not much of a consolation due to road closures and such but my parents are high and dry at their place if they are in any way needed, just let me know.

Thanks, wuffles :laugh: from what I can gather, I think both ends of Brookfield are blocked, though. Was trawling the news sites for photos but can't find any of the Moggill end - I've never seen that cut off before.

Yeah, I know they'd call - have just worked myself up a little because I can't get through to them. I expect I'm overreacting a little.

Hello Hello Everyone! :hug: It has been too long! Sorry for not posting anything for a while.. we moved house and didn't have any internet access then went away on holidays, but am now home and back up and running!

Attempting to catch up on everything, but I don't have a hope I think.. :hug:

Hope everyone has been well and that all the doggies have been also. Scrolled through and saw lots of pics of Miss Ava on her QLD trip, looks like she had heaps of fun!

Hope all the doggies with sneezes, cut paws and sore legs are all getting better now.

And to anyone that is living in QLD or Northern NSW or have friends and family there take care and stay dry and safe. OH has family in QLD and we called them last night to check on them and all seem well, our main concern is for his younger brother who lives in Ipswich.

On other topics, Miss Pepper got desexed yesterday so was very very snoozy but seems to be back to normal today though and no cone for her. :cheer:

Anyway, I will keep up with the thread now and not get behind.. hopefully! :D

Take care all!

ETA: KumaAkita - BDOC starts again on the first week of February, Thursday 3rd or Sunday 6th.

Edited by Clastic

Canberra folks - when does BDOC go back? I just tried to log onto their website and was denied because my server deemed it to be a high risk. Think it may have been a virus - coz I'm still on here and facebook!

:hug:

3rd and 6th of Feb! So far awayyyyyyyyyy...

Canberra folks - when does BDOC go back? I just tried to log onto their website and was denied because my server deemed it to be a high risk. Think it may have been a virus - coz I'm still on here and facebook!

:hug:

3rd and 6th of Feb! So far awayyyyyyyyyy...

3 more weeks-ish.. it'll be up in no time :hug:

Ava's footsie is getting better so I think she will be ready to go for walks again next week, woohoo. OH is home this week and took her to the oval today as she was getting antsy (after 5 days of no walks) so hopefully that hasn't ruined the healing.

I am thinking of entering our first obedience trial at BDOC in March :hug: :hug: so I am keen to get back into training to see if we are as ready as I think we are :cheer: There's only so much heeling around the lounge room we can do... bring on some group stay practice, I say.

I know, I was a nervous wreck at my first trial, and still worry Shandy with my nervous vibe at trials, but the more I can convince myself its fun, the better we do! But there's sooo many more things that can go wrong at CD, when its all off leash! :rofl:

I think I'm a little mad for thinking about trialling in Dances with Dogs as well!

Niques - any word yet???

The rain here is having its usual effect on the monsters. Elbie's toileting normally but Hoover's not wanting to go to Poo Corner at night - wet and dark or something. It's kind of frustrating!

In other news, we bought our first Giant Bag of Royal Canin today. It is truly huge. Blurry photos below with a Hoover thrown in to show you how large the bag is - he's pretty much Elbie-sized by now so the bag is HUGE!

He proved a very cooperative Royal Canin Model - unlike Elbie who really didn't know what to make of the big noisy bag

canin01.jpg

canin02.jpg

canin03.jpg

canin04.jpg

:mad:rofl:

At Hoover's modeling!

Niques - have been thinking about you and James and hope all ok!

The rain here has been constant, obviously no where near as bad as Qld, but it is hard to get out for a walk when it is this heavy. We did manage the beach yesterday, and although it started raining when we were there, it was so warm and humid I didn't mind getting a bit wet.

So I resorted to a bit of training with cold sausage. I am working on desensitising Ziggy to the cat, "shy" and walking backwards, oh, and stays and waits. For an aussie, my dog is a bit slow sometimes :mad (I'm sure Ava and wuffles had this all covered ages ago). But he did enjoy his training. Can't wait until we start back in Feb. I think we are doing level 2b - more of the same good manners type stuff. :cheers:

Silly me left the babygate open when I put Ziggy inside when I was taking out bins ;) . I didn't realise until I went to go back inside and he wasn't standing at the door waiting for me. I then saw baby gate open and though oh s*$t, poor cat in other part of house :love: . Lucky he came running back when I called him and poor cat was under my bed. Obviously my boofer doesn't fit under there! It did scare me a bit, he could do some damage to the cat, and she is just so not dog savvy.

Unforunately I have to go away soon for work, but managed to convince my mum to come and housesit for me, so don't have to use the kennels again :cry:

I really hope all in Qld are safe and there is a bit of a reprieve in the weather soon.

:thumbsup::laugh:

At Hoover's modeling!

Niques - have been thinking about you and James and hope all ok!

The rain here has been constant, obviously no where near as bad as Qld, but it is hard to get out for a walk when it is this heavy. We did manage the beach yesterday, and although it started raining when we were there, it was so warm and humid I didn't mind getting a bit wet.

So I resorted to a bit of training with cold sausage. I am working on desensitising Ziggy to the cat, "shy" and walking backwards, oh, and stays and waits. For an aussie, my dog is a bit slow sometimes :D (I'm sure Ava and wuffles had this all covered ages ago). But he did enjoy his training. Can't wait until we start back in Feb. I think we are doing level 2b - more of the same good manners type stuff. :rofl:

Silly me left the babygate open when I put Ziggy inside when I was taking out bins :bolt: . I didn't realise until I went to go back inside and he wasn't standing at the door waiting for me. I then saw baby gate open and though oh s*$t, poor cat in other part of house :laugh: . Lucky he came running back when I called him and poor cat was under my bed. Obviously my boofer doesn't fit under there! It did scare me a bit, he could do some damage to the cat, and she is just so not dog savvy.

Unforunately I have to go away soon for work, but managed to convince my mum to come and housesit for me, so don't have to use the kennels again :rofl:

I really hope all in Qld are safe and there is a bit of a reprieve in the weather soon.

At the moment, the biggest danger to me is myself :thumbsup: The sun was out today so I figured it was a great opportunity to do recall exercises with Kyojin in the backyard. As we were coming back out of the gate to go inside, Kyojin wanted to walk forward whereas I had to pause to close the gate, and as I had him on lead (I don't trust him off lead at the front of our house anymore since his previous episode) he made me trip over the huge chunk of rough concrete we've been using to block the gap under the gate from all the flooding. So I cut my foot open and have just gotten back from the hospital after getting stitches and a tetanus shot. Just before OH's parents came to take me I thought I'd cook some pan bread to eat so I'd have something in my stomach. Turned it on to oven instead of grill, so my pan bread wasn't remotely cooked, and I nearly forgot to turn oven off before leaving the house. Probably not a good idea to try and burn the house down. Then just as I got home I decide to cook my bread again. Charcoaled the bread and nearly overflowed the sink while washing dishes.

Feeling realllllll bright right about now :thumbsup:

:rofl: @ Hoover modelling... sooo cute!

Been thinking about Niques and James too. Hope they're all ok.

Betsy - smart kitty for hiding under the bed. Hope they one day learn to get along with each other

Nice one Minxy! I've had days like that. The ones where they would have been best spent in bed! Speedy Healing :thumbsup:

Kuma had a bit of an up-chuck last night. Only the once and then back to bouncy. We think he was hungry and chucked up some bile. He's been all over the place with his food lately. Boiled up some chicken and rice for his dinner last night and you have never seen a cleaner bowl. He was super stoked this morning when I served it up again for his breakfast. He might finally be starting to be a regular meal eater! Yayyyyy :D