Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Howdy everyone... Sorry, i have only skimmed the last few pages... I'm in sydney for work today and tomorrow

Yay for Avas heeling! You guys are sooooo good... Must be such a nice feeling

Poor Wizzle! You know you will have to make miss wee wizzle pay for all this pain she has caused you :rofl: I think boarding school may just teach her :rofl:. Oh and Miss G - she was just telling you to take care of yourself and don't do the ironing... Not trying to be naughty at all... She told me :rofl:

Hmmm Ravenau and the puppy deliberations! How exciting. If i was ever to get another pup, I think I'll remain a sucker for the Akita!

I was on the phone to the OH earlier, and he put me on speaker phone. Kuma was so confused... He was wandering around the house trying to find me, and was getting frustrated when I was nowhere to be seen! Poor pupper!

I'd just settle for Kuma to heel somewhere close to me, even if I have to continually stuff his gob with food. I have no illusion that he'll ever be anything more!

I uploaded a video

... the filming is pretty bad, I need a wide angle video camera so I apologise :rofl: But you can kind of get the gist. I do 4 lots of random steps just in a big circle then at the end do a little bit of heeling with positions and different paces.

Evening all! Lovely photos as always. I love the one of Ava on the couch. Sometimes when they're asleep it just makes you feel so warm and gooey on the inside, cause they're just soooo cute. On Saturday night we stayed up late watching movies and Max, who usually takes himself to bed around 10 pm, decided to stay up with us. Poor thing couldn't stay awake though and curled up on one of our chairs, which is actually too small for him. His sweet little sleeping face.... so innocent!

Hope those feeling poorly (including the doggies) are better soon. Nothing worse.

KTB - I think there's flyball at the Canberra show. Not that I can come. Couldn't take four days off work this close to starting, and there'd have to be some travel time in there. Max wouldn't be able to compete anyway, cause he's too young.

Great news about heelwork for everyone. We still haven't even started learning about it! We've been working on 'wait'. It seems to come quite naturally, like he gets that he has to stay still until further instruction, its just a matter of building it up. If I ever meet you all I'll be so ashamed by my un-obedience trained dog! Though he is pretty good at recalls :rofl:

I think there's flyball at the Canberra show. Not that I can come. Couldn't take four days off work this close to starting, and there'd have to be some travel time in there. Max wouldn't be able to compete anyway, cause he's too young.

Aww what a shame .. it would be lovely to 'meet' you at last. I hope that one of these days you manage to make it to Canberra for a visit - you'd be very welcome to stay here and I suspect that Max would enjoy playing with our two monsters. :rofl:

Poor OH is feeling long-suffering. I want to see Kelpies in action. OH found the 3 sheep trials a little underwhelming (plus there were almost no Kelpies) so I want to go and watch some yard dog trials because apparently there will be a lot of Kelpies and yard dog trials should mean more than 3 measly sheep. Thanks to 4kelpies, I have this link and the following appear to be coming up near Canberra:

Cooma Show on 12 March

Goulburn Show on 26 March

Yass Show on 9-10 April

Alas, for my urbanite Torontonian of an OH, the line-up of the shows bemuses him.

The Cooma Show has local stock, produce and art and crafts. A snakeman. Patty Paddock, woodchop and yard dog trials. Sumo Wrestling and all sorts of animals.

The Goulburn Show has an all breed dog show, a cat show an Alpaca and Alpaca fleece show, a horse program, team yarding, yard dog trials, Punch and Judy Show, poultry and pigeons and ... black and coloured sheep

Yass Show has a "wide range of competitions over the weekend. Everything from dogs to sheep, horses to birds, and everything in between."

He says that he's going to try to break his leg before March :rofl:

ETA: He is even more horrified by the Canberra show. Programme is here. I want to see the Working Sheep Dog Trials at 7.25pm on Saturday the 26th February. He is horrified by the Pig Racing & the Diving Pig, the lawnmower racing, cowpat bingo and the milking demonstration :rofl:

He would have been to The Ex though, right? Although, it's not quite the same I guess. How long has Mr KTB been in Australia for? I suppose he's yet to experience a good old Australian country town show, eh? Drag him along anyway :) Buy him a Dagwood Dog and some fairy floss (just call it a corn dog and cotton candy) and a show bag and he'll have a great time! :D :rofl:

Satch has been working on a hole in the backyard for a while now. And today he is demonstrating what it's for (as well as, I suspect, what he does all day while we're at work):

IMG_3779.jpg

(excuse the disgustingly dirty window :( I was too scared to open the door at first in case he moved)

IMG_3782.jpg

I love how he squishes his whole body into the hole :( He's got the right idea though; I went and felt the dirt and it's nice and cool.

OMG Little G is just toooo cute! I bet it's hard to get angry at that precious face when she chews things :scared:

No, not hard at all!!! :mad Sometimes I get so mad with her, that I physically want to kill her, but she she does something equally funny and I end up laughing. I have to walk out of the room as I don't want her to see me laughing and think that what she has done is ok!

She needs to be cute otherwise we would rehome her! I do love that pic of her sitting on the floor, looking all angelic! She was chewing the bottom of the desk chair (yes, metal legs!!!! :( ) when I caught her - and she moved (hence dodgy blurred pic). Then sat all pretty as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth!

Satch looks soooooooooooooooo cosy, comfy and pleased with himself ... Very "The Castle" ... "Look mum, I dug a hole."

wizzle - I've already cooed over your G photos in facebook, but I need to put in a request for video footage of Miss G leaping onto crate. It must truly be a sight.

In thread watching news, check out the Dear Thread post #18350 and beyond.

:( Oh gosh. I saw the Spitz thread, too and the Borders thread. Every time that poster posts ... It's like watching a train wreck ... I can't look away but when I look, I wince and shudder ...

ETA: this little sweetie is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute. That face! Those eyes!

This fellow also breaks my heart. His ears and piteous expression remind of me Elbie :scared:

Edited by koalathebear

How to go dog fishing

1. attach rope to broom

2. attach other end of rope to dogs fav toy

3. drag toy along ground by pulling broom and watch dog chase

4. FUN BEGINS

I think Echo is tired now lol. He went awesome on his walk today, it was a completely different dog, not once did he pull about like crazy and kept a loose lead, he didnt go lunging head first into the grass to sniff and strode nicely along side me, he was still a bit too far ahead for my liking, but at least when i stopped he would hit the end, turn around and sit and look at me patiently and only when i said "ok sniff" would he check out the ground.

Unfortunately I walked past a house with a known off leash dog (they have an open yard and the dog is never contained) who charged us so I had to stop because the dog wouldn't leave without a sniff, Echo's hair was all up down his neck, thankfully after a sniff the dog left and we went on our way with the walk with no negative results. I will have to walk him another way, it sucks either I walk one way which has that dog not contained and will refuse to stop barking or leave you alone until he sniffs your dog, or risk the other way where I might end up with the bloke with the offlead dog who has no recall whatsoever and will initiate play even when you try to leave. The only other direction is down the small bushland which is a risk from ticks, or the left at the end of the street where there is no foot path and your close to a busy road. Its hard when your trying to train your dog to not stop at every dog who approaches you in the street :(

Hi Everyone

I've been lurking for a while and I've decided that yes, this thread is a lovely place to come and see gorgeous photos and to have a giggle. You're all very welcoming to noobs too, which is a relief!

I've not got a dog.... yet. I'm going to see my puppy on Monday, he's a 6 week old miniature schnauzer, and in another couple of weeks he will be coming to live with me. I'm so excited and a tad nervous. I've never had a dog before, to date I've been a mad cat lady. In fact my black and white "moo cat" Tamika is snoring blissfully beside me as I type.

I know I've got a lot to learn and a lot of sleepless nights ahead of me, but I can't wait.

I hope to have some photos of my boy after I go visit on Monday, so for now this is me saying hello to you all.

Fen :(

Hi Everyone

I've been lurking for a while and I've decided that yes, this thread is a lovely place to come and see gorgeous photos and to have a giggle. You're all very welcoming to noobs too, which is a relief!

I've not got a dog.... yet. I'm going to see my puppy on Monday, he's a 6 week old miniature schnauzer, and in another couple of weeks he will be coming to live with me. I'm so excited and a tad nervous. I've never had a dog before, to date I've been a mad cat lady. In fact my black and white "moo cat" Tamika is snoring blissfully beside me as I type.

I know I've got a lot to learn and a lot of sleepless nights ahead of me, but I can't wait.

I hope to have some photos of my boy after I go visit on Monday, so for now this is me saying hello to you all.

Fen :(

Welcome Fenstar

How exciting - I will be looking forward to cute puppy pictures soon!

Welcome Fenstar!

How exciting, new blood! Don't worry, we will have you and your pup whipped into shape in no time!! ;)

In other news, Genevieve stole my jam toast!!!!!!!! And proceeded to moosh it into the carpet! :( I'm not sure what I was more annoyed with... the fact that I had to clean up the mess or the fact that I had to then make another piece of toast. Breakfast wouldn't be complete without my morning battle, where she tries to finish my cup of tea, and her whole head fits inside one of my giant mugs. While it is cute, I cannot bring ,myself to share my morning pick me up!