Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Bikkies :o Will have to somehow make sure the doggies don't get too much human food :thumbsup:

I've just cooked a big batch of potatoes for a tatie salad. The other salad will be made in the morning. Presents are wrapped... doggies tried to steal the presents while they were being wrapped. And still praying for no rain.

Is it weird that I didn't have a party for my birthday this year but I am having one for my dog? :mad

Good Morning!

Hope the weather stays as it is!! Its looking fiiiiiiine! Birds are chirping, sun is shining!

I haven't wrapped my presents yet, had better get a wriggle on.. when I crawl out of bed that is..

Oooooh KTB, those bikkies are so cute!!

ha ha you beat me to it Clastic

It's sunny! Hope the weather holds, because it is just beautiful at the moment. Look at those biscuits! OH just asked if I'd like him to make tatie salad, I said Nup, Wuffles has it under control!

I haven't wrapped Ava's present, still have to go to Woolies and get the other bits and pieces, oh and make a zucchini slice... OH has gone off to wash Kuma this morning, so hopefully we have a fluffy puppy when he gets home. I was giving him a brush with my fingers earlier, if I stopped he'd come back, lean on me and lift my hand so I'd keep brushing. He is losing SOOOOOOO much fur. Here's hopin' that most of it comes out at "in the wash"

I'd better get my butt into gear!

I know i shouldn't do it as some of you will no doubt curse my name for this.

But its up to 70% off people.

http://www.petedge.com/section/Sale/197.uts

http://www.petedge.com/category/Sale/Clear...7/c/239/239.uts

Have an awesome time today guys!!!

We're just a wee bit jealous over here :D

Just got back from taking Kyojin for his morning walk. I'm such a proud mamma when people stop to comment on him. We even had a super old lady in her walker stop us from across the other side of the road to come and chat to us about him! :D

Going to take him for a bath after breakfast. He's starting to get a bit on the nose from lying in the dirt under the house.

Looks like the BBQ is well catered for! :happydance2:

Minxy - Sounds like Kyojin is a star! What a great advertisement for the breed. I was reading in one of the other threads that walking well bred dogs out in public places, and letting the public see what great dogs they are/look like should be a way of promoting PB.

We went for a walk yesterday afternoon down by the river. The LLW is improving, which is great. We went down the the place where the canoeist put their boats in, and Ziggy went to have a drink, but he fell in! He was then scrambling to get out and I had to help him. I thought for a minute I might be going for a swim. :D There was a young guy who was about to put his kayak in and he said "sounds like it was a bit of an unplanned dip?" I'm just glad I didn't have to get wet.

And soooo happy with my boy this morning, we had work dinner last night, got home a bit late. Woken up at 6am - put dog out with large bone, went back to bed (undisturbed) till 10.30am - best sleep-in in months! :D He is now inside eating a bone in his crate.

Looks like the BBQ is well catered for! :happydance2:

Minxy - Sounds like Kyojin is a star! What a great advertisement for the breed. I was reading in one of the other threads that walking well bred dogs out in public places, and letting the public see what great dogs they are/look like should be a way of promoting PB.

We went for a walk yesterday afternoon down by the river. The LLW is improving, which is great. We went down the the place where the canoeist put their boats in, and Ziggy went to have a drink, but he fell in! He was then scrambling to get out and I had to help him. I thought for a minute I might be going for a swim. :D There was a young guy who was about to put his kayak in and he said "sounds like it was a bit of an unplanned dip?" I'm just glad I didn't have to get wet.

And soooo happy with my boy this morning, we had work dinner last night, got home a bit late. Woken up at 6am - put dog out with large bone, went back to bed (undisturbed) till 10.30am - best sleep-in in months! :D He is now inside eating a bone in his crate.

:happydance2: Gosh, I must try this with Kyojin. The latest he will sleep in til is 6am. Though I do feel pretty good about having accomplished so much already today by getting up so early.

We all had a great time today (after the other people vacated the BBQ area)! The two pups are knackered, they are fast asleep. I'm just looking through my pictures now and they aren't brilliant but I'll post them soon! Should I post them in here or in the Social Events thread?

We all had a great time today (after the other people vacated the BBQ area)! The two pups are knackered, they are fast asleep. I'm just looking through my pictures now and they aren't brilliant but I'll post them soon! Should I post them in here or in the Social Events thread?

Both? :) Can't wait to see your photos. Mine weren't very good, alas :(

Had a great time today, it was great meeting everyone thanks Kumaakita and wuffles to organising it. I also have 2 dead dogs though it didn't help that I had to walk part of the way home as I wasn't paying attention to my heat gage :thumbsup:: and my car is now dead and currently getting towed.

Deakin really wasn't co-opperating with those photo's, even in the one with him and pepper he has his eyes shut.

I am just hoping deakin isn't to tired as we have our final exam tomorrow and am hoping we can pass as according to the instructer we should as long as he has his stuff together.

Great photos, wuffles. I nicked a few for my video :thumbsup:

Primedogs - it was great to meet you and your doggies. I am so sorry to hear about the car breakdown!!! If we'd known I would have gone back to give you a lift. I hope you don't live too far away!! Good luck to you and Deakin tomorrow!!!

So

of today's party. OH and I didn't have our cameras out for much of the time because we were looking after our monsters, so we had relatively few photos and videos. Nonetheless, hopefully the fun is captured :mad I think everyone had a good time, especially the doggies once they were finally let off lead and permitted to run free!!! :thumbsup:

Also, does anyone know the email address of Nugget's owner? I wanted to send her the video and some photos of Nugget.

Oh no Primedogs! I'm glad you made it home safely in the end.

KTB, awesome video! Such gorgeous and largely well behaved doggies. Do you mind sending me some of the pics you took of Satchy and Ava? They look really nice :( I think KumaAkita has Zoe's email address.

Stupid photobucket is still stuffing around with the size of my images :thumbsup:

Here is my video contribution...

! :mad

Just got back from my friend's 30th birthday party and one of her friends made a half croquembouce half macaron cake :thumbsup: It was very delicious...

Hopefully my kids will let me have a sleep in tomorrow, the big juicy bone trick is always good! :)

Loved the video KTB. Looks like a great time was had by all ;)

Ava looks quite proud of her stash too :)

We went to dog school today. I put the magical harness on Roo but it was not so magical today :) Roo did not feel like working in it, and about halfway through I took it off her. MDTL commented on it afterwards too and said that Ruby obviously doesn't like wearing it, and we'll have to work on LLW. Apparently what we all class as LLW is not what MDTL approves of :thumbsup::mad

I also need to work on getting Ruby to stand (ie from a sit). Of course MDTL could get Roo to do it, but do you think I could? Ha! The lazy slug would just go into a drop :(

Tonight when I brought Roo inside I saw that His Royal Grumpiness the cat (Jasper) had decided to nap in Ruby's crate while we were outside and was in no real hurry to leave. :thumbsup: Wish I had got a pic.

My next door neighbour was kind enough to throw an old soccer ball over the fence for Roo to have, so she's had a great time playing with it and carrying it around. Not sure how long it will last though :)

I also need to work on getting Ruby to stand (ie from a sit). Of course MDTL could get Roo to do it, but do you think I could? Ha! The lazy slug would just go into a drop :thumbsup:

We used to have this problem, too. We got some good tips here. I sat in a chair and had Elbie sitting a bit before me and that worked. What our trainer today was doing was just luring Elbie to walk forward and stop and reward only when he stood and not if he dropped or sat! Stand is very difficult for a lot of people - us included!