Eyesight And Photography

redangel

Ok a while ago I was diagnosed with stigmatism...I need glasses, never filled the subscription tho. Does wearing glasses make photography harder? I tend to manually focus etc.. and didnt know how if at all it affects camera use.

Any ideas..or am I just avoiding the inevitable????

I need reading glasses but I dont wear them much and not when taking photos, you can adjust the view finder to your own vision. I find the hardest thing for me is if I need to look at what I've just taken, I cannot really make out whether the pic is in focus or not. I just cannot get used to taking reading glasses with me everywhere I go.

Edited by Kirislin

Im shocking I was happily using the camera with the diopter out for sometime (fixed by another photographer) I really was just pointing the 40D and pressing the button and they were in focus once on the computer!! Diopter fixed and amazing how much better it looked through the viewfinder.

Unless you are using manual focus the cameras will work fine regardless of your eyesight - even with manual if on the one shot setting (canon) it will beep and have the red square come up when in focus.

Ok a while ago I was diagnosed with stigmatism...I need glasses, never filled the subscription tho. Does wearing glasses make photography harder? I tend to manually focus etc.. and didnt know how if at all it affects camera use.

Any ideas..or am I just avoiding the inevitable????

I think they tell everyone that ! :laugh:

They told me I have it, and they told my DH he has it.. I think they just call it that if there's something not quite right with your eyes :laugh:

I only wear glasses for reading at this stage, but will need some for long distance soon too. I have diabetes and my eyes are often blurry which doesn't help for taking well focused photos ! :laugh:

My DH wears his all the time, and I don't actually know what he does when he takes photos. I must ask him tonight ! Interesting topic !

ps.. In our opinion once you start wearing glasses, your eyes will get used to them, and it will be hard not to wear them eventually, so might have to work out a suitable way to take pics when wearing glasses !

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs