Nsw Dog Rules - Info Please

I am contemplating a move to NSW at the end of next year but before selling up need to confirm what I believe the rules are for dog ownership beacause there is noooo way I am going to put my dogs in jeapordy.

I am thinking of the Hunter Valley - around Newcastle/Maitland.

From looking at the council websites it seems as if there is no limit to the number of dogs you can own - is that true? and also that each dog is registered once for its lifetime (unlike Brisbane which is every year).

Any info from people familiar with these areas and the coucil regs would be very gratefully received.

Thanks.

Yep I live West Syd and no limits on dog ownership (I have heard other states do it to my disgust). And yes lifetime register also and it's cheaper if your dog (not sure about cats) is desexed.

Yep I live West Syd and no limits on dog ownership (I have heard other states do it to my disgust). And yes lifetime register also and it's cheaper if your dog (not sure about cats) is desexed.

Yes, it seems to be true...same here in Eastern suburbs of Sydney. Lifetime rego is so super smart for keeping dogs safer!!