Sigh....... In Need Of A New Crate

3Woofs

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a brand of heavy duty wire crate?

I got up this morning to find Missy my stafford out of her crate and asleep in the cats bed.

Her crate/walls/floor is covered in poo explosion, so I guess she she didn't want to sit in it and decided she wanted out of the crate.

A few of the wire bars are stretched and bent, but the door was still closed so she must be able to morph into a gas and seep out of the tiny gap underneath the lower locking bar :banghead:

I didn't hear a thing either :eek:

Can I say that cable ties work brilliantly. Place two on each side of the ends and the door. Small lockwood padlocks also help.

Just a little advice from the owner of another big headed escape artist who can morph into fluid matter.

lol.... I'll prob have to do locks and cable ties incase she chews through the ties!

I wish she would've barked to be let out... it would have been a lot less messy!

There were even pooey footprint marks down the hallway to outside my bedroom where she, luckily for me, must have turned around a gone back into the kitchen.

Thankfully she stuck to the tiled areas and avoided my nice cream carpet.

I use dog clips for my crates - as it is easier for when I am out and about and need to fold up the crate. Last time I used cable ties (which works brilliantly) but then I forgot to bring a knife or something to cut them at the end of the day...

I think the clips she is talking about are ones that are typically on the ends of leashes, or something similar, correct me if I am wrong Tilly. Most hardware stores carry just the clip part. A friend of mine uses the smaller clips for her ferrets cages since those little buggers are master escapers.

Edited by JD19

Guest belgian.blue

Isn't it not good to cable tie a dog in its crate in case of an emergency and you can't find the scissors anywhere?

I watched Zeph escape one day.

On this occasion he used his head to push the side top out enough to unclasp the top clips and used the top of his head to push the roof up, therefore when the side pressure was released the top clips did not re-engage. He then used his teeth to pull the end in towards himself, moved backwards and laid the end down. Not a sound was made.

He then went over to Dee's crate, used his nose to flip the door slides up, grabbed hold of them in his teeth and slide them across to break her out as well.

All done without making a sound :banghead:

On this occasion he used his head to push the side top out enough to unclasp the top clips and used the top of his head to push the roof up, therefore when the side pressure was released the top clips did not re-engage. He then used his teeth to pull the end in towards himself, moved backwards and laid the end down. Not a sound was made.

He then went over to Dee's crate, used his nose to flip the door slides up, grabbed hold of them in his teeth and slide them across to break her out as well.

All done without making a sound :eek:

They say dogs reflect their owners :) Your dogs must be sneaky cause you are :o:banghead:

I think the clips she is talking about are ones that are typically on the ends of leashes, or something similar, correct me if I am wrong Tilly. Most hardware stores carry just the clip part. A friend of mine uses the smaller clips for her ferrets cages since those little buggers are master escapers.

Yep - that is them (wasn't sure of the proper name) ... I think I have about 22 for my crate :banghead:

Edited by Tilly

BB scissors and keys to the padlocks are located on the table right next to the crates.

And the dogs crates are next to a double glass door that goes out on to the front veranda, just in case the neighbours have to get them out when we are not there.

All done without making a sound :o

They say dogs reflect their owners :thanks: Your dogs must be sneaky cause you are :):banghead:

No, not sneaky just very clever, except Zeph uses his power for evil not good :eek: