Help Max Stop Peeing On His Sister..

:ange:

My nearly 10 month old entire puppy Max seems to have picked up the habit of peeing on my older 2 yo spayed bitch if she is laying in the sun or on her bed somewhere.. He just walks up to her and without warning she gets a golden shower!!

He will also not wait until she has finished peeing and start peeing on her while she is peeing - I know most other dogs generally WAIT until the other dog has finished ad THEN pee but he just will not wait..

I've tried calling him and distracting him as soon as I see him heading over to her to pee which works if I can catch him but most evenings Ruby trots in and you can just smell entire male pee smell on her. She's getting daily wash's and I've got odour be gone stuff which I spray on her coat..

I know it's a dominance thing, but would like it to stop - if I can. It's really not all that pleasant going to snuggle a dog with entire male dog pee all over them!!! I'm hoping he'll grow out of it sooner rather than later but it's been going on for about 2 weeks now and it's driving me batty!!

mmmm I've not heard about it happening this bad before....any advice from your Breeder at all?

Has he been this way for some time or could his hormones just be spiking?

Ohhh.. Teebs haven't you heard of the latest dog cologne? "Eua de Maxypeepee".. yeah it's awesome smell for poor old Ruby.

Yeah he needs to keep his nutty buddies for a while because I would like to title him..

I did ask the breeder about it and she also thought hormones/dominance. He's mostly dominant towards her but never me.. he understands his place in the house and that I am alpha.. He's never peed on me or anyone else.

we'll just keep up with the wash's and odour be gone until he settles down.. eck.

maybe you need to show him he is not the boss but you are

Ange, maybe you need to pee on Max from time to time? (sorry, i couldn't help myself, i am bored :clap: )

Tried that..... :clap:

:clap:

Edited by :ange:

Maybe try peeing on your girl (or just sprinkling a little bit on her) as it will mark her as yours. If he respects you as dominant to him it may stop him peeing on her. Waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy out there but may work) :clap:

Edited by Ams

:clap::clap::clap:

This thread has certainly taken an unexpected turn!!

Will he know it's my pee though? I don't make regular habit of letting him sniff around at weewee time!!

maybe wear a tshirt then put it on you dog instead of the wee. just something so he can smell your scent on the dog.

One of my dogs used to pee on the bitches. He did that until he got a crack across this arse end, whilst in the act. He never did it again.

I must say that is my thought on how to handle the situation.

However if they spend time alone together maybe all that it would teach him is to pee on her while you're not there :clap:

good luck with it :clap:

Yes, I agree with some of the other posts in that, if your dog respects you as alpha and doesn't challenge you, he should cease the behaviour if he knows you strongly disapprove of it. Distraction techniques are fine, but they only work so long as there is something more exciting to do whilst the dog wants to pee on the bitch, and for this reason I think you need to take it a step further and really ensure that he knows you're not going to accept that.

My boy is entire and has never peed on anyone, but he did once have a go on my sister's clothes. I caught him in the act and I did give him a whack. I didn't hit him hard, it was more to indicate to him that this was something I felt strongly enough about that I would take action against him if he continued to do it, and fortunately it's been entirely successful.

Not sure about peeing on your dog though lol. He would probably be able to tell it was you, but as a member of your pack, he may feel he should be peeing on dogs too as that's something your pack does... If he's not challenging towards you, he may copy the behaviour to show his support and to strengthen the message to outsiders. My dog has certainly copied me doing crazier things :clap:

One of my dogs used to pee on the bitches. He did that until he got a crack across this arse end, whilst in the act. He never did it again.

I'd do the same, exactly what I did when we moved house and he llifted his leg inside.....never did it again.

He's marking the bitch as his.

My entire dog has only tried to pee on another dog once and that was on a bitch who wasn't quite ready to serve. I let him know this wasn't acceptable and he didn't try it again and he hasn't tried it since. It didn't put him of the act a couple of days later.