People Copying Word For Word From Your Website

ozmalinois

I dunno if I'd like my stuff being used to make something fraudlent. ie promising something it isn't. That could harm the reputation of a lot of people they claim association with. You might want to email the CCCQ about the use of their logo so they can check...

And depending who the ISP is that hosts the website, they might take action on the copyright stuff if you notify them. Though I wouldn't hold my breath if it is bigpond/telstra or a web hosting service based in Russia.

Maybe in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal. But this website seems to have copied all it's info from other pages.

Including its "About Us" section, which is the one area you would think they would personally write about themselves, their breeding program and their circumstances - copied word for word (with some very minor changes) from a GSD breeder in Richland, Missouri :noidea:

ETA - even one of the pictures in their "gallery" has been copied from a GSD breeder in Massachusetts :noidea:

Edited by ~JoLu~

I still think it may not be a breach of copyright. Here is a pdf regarding copyright in Australia that may help explain if it is. (I've split the original doc into 2 docs and downgraded the res to attach here so I hope it is still printable if needed).

If what they have done really upsets you, I'd contact The Copyright Council of Australia. Copyright law is very difficult and detailed and all is not always as you assume.

http://www.copyright.org.au/

G056v06_1__5_Part1.pdf

Edited by ~Anne~

Received an email back from "Franc" this morning.

Just some of the email -

"Thanks for the email, I have not copied your text in fact after receiving your email I visited your two websites for the first time.

There are similarities in the T&C's however I could not find any other similarities on your mentioned websites.

I am not sure when you created your websites however I have used these terms and conditions while breeding Dobermanns in Victoria since 1989.

So I have no problem with you using my terms and conditions on your websites.

Please feel free to bring to my attention any other content that you may think has similarities to your mentioned websites."

Then processed to provide copyright laws - w#&%er!!! :)

Have no intention of taking it further, just so frustrated that I spend alot of time trying to keep our websites current and informative that someone can just come along and copy whatever they like.

The fact that they breed the same breed and are in the same general area - not like they are in another country! bothers us.

We have a very good reputation for our black Shepherds and don't need a JERK like this copying our site. People surf around and it's not hard to see that statements on both sites are the same. We don't want people thinking we have anything to do with this person.

I feel for the people that purchase their pups - there is nothing stated that parents are health checked or that the pups are registered. Yes there is the CCCQ symbol that people would think that pups are registered........one wonders

As far as I can see this person is a scumbag that can't do anything for himself ;)

They have the logo for QLD CCC but don't talk about being registered or showing or their lines etc.

That's inferring current membership. Maybe track down the status of the person re being registered....& for what....via the Qld CCC.

They'd have a vested interest in where their logo appears.

I feel for the people that purchase their pups

So do I. Their (puppy buyers) names (if legit) are mentioned on the website. Weird. I would be peeved if I had put a deposit on a pup and my name was then put on the breeders website next the said pup.

Just checked the site again and some small changes have been made - the CCCQ logo is now gone - obviously makes me think the pups are registered, the so called "prefix" is now gone from the bottom of the page and the font on the T & C has been slightly changed but the wording is still the same - our wording!

All I can figure is that this person is a total jerk and probably a scam artist, doesn't have a brain of their own to use for their own work.

Just hope the puppy buyers realise exactly what they are getting for their money, before they part with it :)

Received an email back from "Franc" this morning.

Just some of the email -

"Thanks for the email, I have not copied your text in fact after receiving your email I visited your two websites for the first time.

There are similarities in the T&C's however I could not find any other similarities on your mentioned websites.

I am not sure when you created your websites however I have used these terms and conditions while breeding Dobermanns in Victoria since 1989.

So I have no problem with you using my terms and conditions on your websites.

Please feel free to bring to my attention any other content that you may think has similarities to your mentioned websites."

As far as I can see this person is a scumbag that can't do anything for himself :)

Oh I love this bit! Making out that YOU are in the wrong and feel free to use their T&C..

I don't think your going to get this resolved, I'd be changing your wording and be done with it.

When I started my website, I obtained permission from all the companies I bought from to use their wording and images, not only from a copyrite point of view but just general curtiousy.

It must be very frustrating for you to be compared to someone like that but unless your going to spend a lot of money I'd be changing my website so it doesn't look like you have any association with them..

Just checked the site again and some small changes have been made - the CCCQ logo is now gone - obviously makes me think the pups are registered, the so called "prefix" is now gone from the bottom of the page and the font on the T & C has been slightly changed but the wording is still the same - our wording!

I think you've achieved something important. I'd still let the Qld CCC know....& you have other witnesses, too... that the site was previously using their logo.

They might be interested to know how their logo can be used to give impression of registration.

Please don't block right hand click...

it drive me BATTY when people do this. it is not a deterrent for people to stop stealing your stuff - if they really wanted it they would get it. but putting the right click stop on your site causes more frustration for those doing the right thing (like wanting to open new windows)..

I think you've achieved something important. I'd still let the Qld CCC know....& you have other witnesses, too... that the site was previously using their logo.

They might be interested to know how their logo can be used to give impression of registration.

I hope I have! Feel for the puppy buyers that may be duped by this person. I ahve put a statement on our GSD site above our statement that we have nothing to do with the other kennel but not sure if I should name them....

My phone is on the blick at the moment - Thanks Telstra - so once it is working again I might ring the ccc and let them know, not much they can do now as the logo has gone.

There are some anti-right click scripts if you search Google, but I don't know how well they work.

One example here

This are very easy to get around, you just highlight the text and choose COPY form the menu options.

I might ring the ccc and let them know, not much they can do now as the logo has gone.

Yep, do so, Oz. You've uncovered one way that impression can be given that someone is a current member.

So a good thing for QCCC to keep an eye out.

It's sure made us DOLers more aware!

Edited by mita

There are some anti-right click scripts if you search Google, but I don't know how well they work.

One example here

This are very easy to get around, you just highlight the text and choose COPY form the menu options.

And it doesn't even work as is. :)

The other way to get around a (working) right click stop is to view source from the menu and copy from there.

Hi all, I came across this forum just by accident and I found this post quite interesting.

Copyright is a very complex issue, I know, I have been involved in litigation before and it cost me a lot of $$$$$$$$

In the end because I was furious and made some rather honest (but not well thought out comments publicly), I ended up having to PAY the other party damages !

Just be careful what you post on a public forum about anyone, it could bite you on the BUM big time.

They may be in the wrong however it could cost you in the end.

I had a look at the sites you guy's are discussing (google is a wonderful thing) and I cannot find anywhere that mentions any affiliation to the other breeders therefore by defult there is no association.

With regards to copyright if it's different by at least 25% there is nothing you can do, from what I have read in the T&C's on both sites there is a difference, not great but it is there.

IMO go forward and live your life, karma is a wonderful thing.

Steve.