Thuggies Doggies

When "pit bulls'' first came to prominence sometime in the eighties they weren't promoted as loving companions or family pets but rather as biting, fighting unstoppable super dogs & aimed directly at a niche market.

The target? The Thuggy McWannabes & his like minded associates.

& Thuggy & his associates certainly wanted these dogs, as did shyster, anything for quick buck, scumbags who saw massive profits to be had & jumped on the band wagon.

Puppies were going for up to $10,000, yes, $10k per. & demand far outstripped supply.

Long story short, Thuggy & the shysters were breeding like crazy to recoup their capitol outlay & get into the black.

Ethics, genetics, even breeding pure to pure was lost on these entrepeneurs & the ''breed'' suffered irrepairable damage. All that was left was a trail of ruin, a load of rubbish, &, for the most part, in the dubious hands of the irresponsible.

The dogs were starting to make the news for all the wrong reasons. & continued to do so, Thuggy love the publicity, it was good for business.

As with everything, forunes eventually reversed & the supply eventually outweighed demand. The prices dropped.

The going price fell to as low as $200.

Then the saviour of the Thuggies appeared on the horizon - like a knight in shining armour, it was the B.S.L. - the ''breed'' was banned, all kinds of restrictions were put in place to ensure the ''breed'' would die out.

Thuggy smiled

It was manna from heaven for Thuggy. All the B.S.L did was drive them undergroud & create a blackmarket. Demand increased. Prices starting to skyrocket. - Thuggy was happy. Thuggy was in the money again. Nothing had really changed.

B.S.L is a no brainer, but it is here to stay. At least for the forseeable future. No pollie would want to be known as the one who repealed this obnoxious legislation if a kid was mauled by a ''pit bull'' what ever the #@*& that is. It is just easier & safer for them to leave things as they are.

All the while the REAL APBT was being nutured by committed ethical, registered breeders. They are handsome, reliable, faithful companions. Bred to a standard for conformation & temperament - They are the American Staffordshire Terrier.

It would be pleasing to see all the "pit bull" would be saviors get behind the real deal now that it has been put squarely in the line of fire by uneducated, uninformed & badly advised persons.

Get behind the ANKC registered, recognised pure breed - the American Staffordshire Terrier - now.

Tomorrow may just be too late.

Ok so your the original poster Dwayne?????

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I start I love this thread and have thoroughly read over the posts. (By love I mean I enjoy seeing peoples misinformed statements posted)

The American Bully is simply the renaming of one of strains previous regarded as the APBT. & probably only by one or two ''clubs''

Well Ima you are quite wrong. The American Bully was named so that PUREBRED PITBULL owners were able to distinguish that a pitbull is not a roid munching monster it is a lean athletic working dog. They named it so that when people call American Bullies pitts the pitbull owners can say, no in fact that is an american bully and they are pitbull hybrids and this is what pibulls should look like.

I think the ideology that because the pitbull isn't AKC approved it isnt a pure bred is rubbish. It's a breed, it's a pure breed and the Am staff derived from such a breed. With out the pitbull there would be no american staffy plain and simple.

So I must be a homie thug then because I own a pitbull cross and an am staff cross. No I don't chain them to a boulder (WTF?) And like someone already stated yes you are probably seeing images of American dogs I don't know any (dog) owner let alone pitbull owner in Australia that thinks its fit to chain their dog to a boulder. Actually my girlfriend chains her two kelpie crosses at night on the farm. All kelpies must get chained like that then?

Also on the sinking ship comment it makes me laugh.

Do you think when segregation laws were brought in the 'coloured' people said. Oh well it's a sinking ship. People hate us, we are getting attacked, harassed I guess there's nothing we can do. We're not bad people but because the laws are already in we might as well just live in the circumstances situated. So if every (coloured) person said well, lets forget about fighting if we stop fighting for our freedom they'll stop hurting and killing us. Do you think coloured people ask to be discriminated against? No. Neither did the pitbull. Could the coloured people speak and fight yes. Can the pitbull? NO. The pitbull needs people to support it. Now look. No more segregation laws.

If you want to give up the fight regardless if you are a restricted breed owner or not then do so. But do not try and convince those of us who are brave, loyal and willing to fight for our dogs to do otherwise. You want to sit back and watch it happen do it but when they come for your breed who will help you.

BSL it is not that different to segregation laws except that its for humans.

Edited by jackie_a1

Edit to answer the above.

The ANKC is a pure breed register & has no need to distance itself from the APBT because it doesn't fall under the registered pure breed banner. ANKC members are in fact urging their state affiliates to distance themselves from the RSPCA.

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier has been under the pump ever since the BSL was enacted due to sudden upsurge in staffy x's. Or, as they are in the real world, PBs in staffy clothing. You might wonder why the bull breeds don't want be assocciated with you? Because of your dishonesty toward their breeds, the disregard for the heritage of those breeds & the trust of the public that has been hard won over many, many years. The real fear is your deception will eventually pull innocent breeds down into the morass you created.

What do you mean 'you', i've haven't done anything wrong against 'their breeds'.. most apbt owners love their heritage.. we haven't created anything, the media created a monster, thugs embraced it, they mistreated the dogs, dogs have attacked, they got the news coverage and so on and so on...

You're abandoning dogs, you think you're better? like i said thugs will embrace whatever they feel is macho, they will not read up on the amstaffs, they will get hold of them and call them pitbulls, they will not look after them properly, they will put them in the spotlight in a bad way...

not us responsible owners.

Hi Geo,

Wow, I've just been reading this thread and I see a huge amount of emotion is being poured out by everyone. Everyone on this site, love their dogs, care for them, are responsible owners etc, whether they are papered or not. Fighting each other will get the cause nowhere. Governments and Councils have their hands tied - when there are dog attacks, the public want something done, regardless of "it's not the breed it's the deed" comments, which we know to be true. They have to be seen to be doing something and unfortunately the only option it appears, is to ban certain breeds. They can't ban people, or certain people owning certain breeds of dogs, so they believe that by making them illegal, they will be reduced and the cycle will cease.

It would be nice to see decent, hardworking, dog loving people promote APBT, Amstaffs etc because quite frankly, what the public generally see are the thugs, the dogs in paddocks wearing huge chains, the dogs in aggressive stances, the dogs with scars, they see them associated with the morons of society, the crims of society etc. We don't see family pictures with these dogs, we don't see these dogs taking part in agility, obedience, different dog sports etc (which I know they do). We don't see these dogs in a family environment. That's what needs to change. When the public sees a pitbull they only see aggression, fear and this is something that could possibly be changed over time. The more people that are exposed to the responsible bred dogs, the more the opinions will change.

SBT123 I believe is probably right, BSL is here to stay, more states have come on board and it probably won't be long before we see what is happening in the UK - a dog can be taken away from its owner (even if just walking down the street on lead) if there is a suspicion that it is an APBT - the dog will have tests done on it and it will be destroyed if it is found to be a APBT or cross, returned to the owner if not. We are heading this way.

SBT123 I believe is probably right, BSL is here to stay, more states have come on board and it probably won't be long before we see what is happening in the UK - a dog can be taken away from its owner (even if just walking down the street on lead) if there is a suspicion that it is an APBT - the dog will have tests done on it and it will be destroyed if it is found to be a APBT or cross, returned to the owner if not. We are heading this way.

Well BSL has been turned over in other countries, hopefully when people can evolve their way of thinking we can over turn it here too.

FYI In the UK amstaffs are also banned.

Also on the sinking ship comment it makes me laugh.

Do you think when segregation laws were brought in the 'coloured' people said. Oh well it's a sinking ship. People hate us, we are getting attacked, harassed I guess there's nothing we can do. We're not bad people but because the laws are already in we might as well just live in the circumstances situated. So if every (coloured) person said well, lets forget about fighting if we stop fighting for our freedom they'll stop hurting and killing us. Do you think coloured people ask to be discriminated against? No. Neither did the pitbull. Could the coloured people speak and fight yes. Can the pitbull? NO. The pitbull needs people to support it. Now look. No more segregation laws.

If you want to give up the fight regardless if you are a restricted breed owner or not then do so. But do not try and convince those of us who are brave, loyal and willing to fight for our dogs to do otherwise. You want to sit back and watch it happen do it but when they come for your breed who will help you.

BSL it is not that different to segregation laws except that its for humans.

Oh boy and I thought I'd heard it all...That comparison just about takes the biscuit :thumbsup:

http://www.southernpryde.com/

for jackie_1

Maybe you should do some extra research. Or maybe tell these people their bully breed pits don't rate as pits.

they claim they are P.Bs. They are sold as & accepted as P.Bs by those who want them.

Different people, different locales, different variations of the ''breed'' producing even more different variations.

They are all accepted at the UKC, the original & much quoted, P.B. ''pure breed'' register as P.Bs

As so it goes. The circle shall not be broken, yet never the twain shall meet.

Is there a problem here?

You betcha.

added.

If you really are so brave & really do want to stand tall & fight for your breed, if you want the public to see your breed in a positive light, deliberately hiding from the public & misrepresenting it as a registered pure breed that it isnt, is not really all that brave or convincing if really want to know.

Edited by ima barka

"Amstaffs without papers are a pitbull" how many time have we had that drummed up?

Now we get the "AST is the real APBT" even with papers, far out.

So by that everyone with an AST is thug with "thuggies doggies" what a joke

The AST's been recognised as a breed here since 1989. In just 21 short years, and this just my observations from Australian websites on the net* the AST has now got to be one of the most BYB'd dogs in Australia, by both registered breeders and non registered breeders. What I find strange is at the exact same time the AST was being recognised in Australia, the Gov't was in the process of prohibiting the imports of APBT. It's just weird to me.

I looked into an AST for a possible future dog, all I see are problems, so think I will give them all a wide berth.

I dont think anyone here is a "thug" for ever owning either of these dogs. whether its the "Real APBT" AKA Amstaff, or the "real real APBT" the APBT" or even a X of the two.

Heck by the comments in this thred the X would make it the really "really really real APBT" lol.

Does anyone not see how ludacris this all sounds?

ima barka- You have made it clear you have NO clue what you are talking about when it comes to the APBT, so plsease stop. Your almost as bad as the media with the crap you spill.

Also you have 15 posts, all from this one thread? so you came on here specially to talk rubbish about the APBT.

Dont you have a business that need attending to? or are the APBT's still bringing it down.

To be honest, I am a bit confused with any anti BSL movements or campaigns operating at all, because they haven't even put the slightest dent in relaxing any legislation regarding dangerous dogs or restricted breeds and the legislation is getting tougher by the day. There is plenty of chat, but is there any real action happening, or is it just and whinge and bitch fest :laugh:

To be honest, I am a bit confused with any anti BSL movements or campaigns operating at all, because they haven't even put the slightest dent in relaxing any legislation regarding dangerous dogs or restricted breeds and the legislation is getting tougher by the day. There is plenty of chat, but is there any real action happening, or is it just and whinge and bitch fest :laugh:

Maybe you need to stick to your state they do need help now with, the wonderful laws just passed.Aren't they shockers or havent you read them yet??

Have you done anything to help fight BSL apart from a few rash statements on the forum???? Or just here to stir the pot.

Nope it don't affect you does it??? BSL affects all breeds.

tybrax

Whippets why does it take the biscuit?

Please explain? Why because people and dogs should never be compared? Or that people are far more important then dogs and the comparison shouldn't be made?

The comparison is this.

The government thought it fit to discriminate against a certain race (and breed).

The government demonized those of this certain race and breed.

Those of this race and breed do not have the same rights as those who are not.

Those of this race and breed are made to be less equal, less important and less in general.

I can continue but I will not. I am not saying that BSL has the same impact as segregation but is has the same pattern.

ima barka- You have made it clear you have NO clue what you are talking about when it comes to the APBT, so plsease stop. Your almost as bad as the media with the crap you spill.

Also you have 15 posts, all from this one thread? so you came on here specially to talk rubbish about the APBT.

Dont you have a business that need attending to? or are the APBT's still bringing it down

:laugh: APBT!!

You do only have fifteen posts which does lead me to believe you only came on this section to start an argument or spout your self righteous theories which as it seems no one is listening to or believing. You seem to have such a hatred for the breed perhaps go out find some real pitbulls ones that aren't chained to boulders, are posing scarily and have battle scars (because apparently most pibulls look like this) and learn about the breed.

If you don't want to be treated like an idiot don't write like one. You have your opinions which are just that opinions and not facts. If that's what you think that's what YOU think just don't expect an uprising of support.

Maybe you should do some extra research. Or maybe tell these people their bully breed pits don't rate as pits.

they claim they are P.Bs. They are sold as & accepted as P.Bs by those who want them.

Different people, different locales, different variations of the ''breed'' producing even more different variations.

Ima do you live in Australia? Show me one pitbull in Australia that looks like this. You keep showing me sites from America? SO? We live in Australia. Just because they are sold and accepted as pitts by those who want them doesn't mean they are accepted and sold as pitts EVERYWHERE and by the wider pitbull community. You show me a small minority and think it over rules the majority it's almost laughable.

Edit to add: I would love to tell these people that their dogs are American Bullies as would any respected pitbull breeder or dog owner. And as education is becoming a more wider tool these people will soon understand that their dogs are American Bullies and not pitts but in saying that they're still dogs and are lovely breed. Not hating on American bullies just making obvious the distinction between the two.

Edited by jackie_a1

To be honest, I am a bit confused with any anti BSL movements or campaigns operating at all, because they haven't even put the slightest dent in relaxing any legislation regarding dangerous dogs or restricted breeds and the legislation is getting tougher by the day. There is plenty of chat, but is there any real action happening, or is it just and whinge and bitch fest :happydance2:

We got pet greyhounds exempt from BSL that required them to be muzzled in QLD last year.

It was great to be able to get that law changed. No whinging or bitching from me. Five years of work and lobbying, and we did it. :dancingelephant:

Now our dogs are treated like normal dogs. :cooldance:

To be honest, I am a bit confused with any anti BSL movements or campaigns operating at all, because they haven't even put the slightest dent in relaxing any legislation regarding dangerous dogs or restricted breeds and the legislation is getting tougher by the day. There is plenty of chat, but is there any real action happening, or is it just and whinge and bitch fest :dancingelephant:

Maybe you need to stick to your state they do need help now with, the wonderful laws just passed.Aren't they shockers or havent you read them yet??

Have you done anything to help fight BSL apart from a few rash statements on the forum???? Or just here to stir the pot.

Nope it don't affect you does it??? BSL affects all breeds.

tybrax

That doesn't really answer my question Tybrax...............are you able to provide a proper answer or not??

To be honest, I am a bit confused with any anti BSL movements or campaigns operating at all, because they haven't even put the slightest dent in relaxing any legislation regarding dangerous dogs or restricted breeds and the legislation is getting tougher by the day. There is plenty of chat, but is there any real action happening, or is it just and whinge and bitch fest :cooldance:

We got pet greyhounds exempt from BSL that required them to be muzzled in QLD last year.

It was great to be able to get that law changed. No whinging or bitching from me. Five years of work and lobbying, and we did it. :dancingelephant:

Now our dogs are treated like normal dogs. :champagne:

That's a good result Greytmate :happydance2:

To be honest, I am a bit confused with any anti BSL movements or campaigns operating at all, because they haven't even put the slightest dent in relaxing any legislation regarding dangerous dogs or restricted breeds and the legislation is getting tougher by the day. There is plenty of chat, but is there any real action happening, or is it just and whinge and bitch fest :rofl:

Have you bothered to help with this yet??

Proposed New Dog Laws For Vic

Thanks Wendy. Steve (MDBA) has contributed as well. But we'll need more than that. We CAN head them off at the pass, if we get enough people driven to put pen to paper.

Although individual letters are the best, I acknowledge that some people find that too hard (time poor; don't like writing letters .... mind you, I don't particularly like to write them either).

So what I propose here is that every person who wants to help in at least one way could write a simple covering letter - something like the following :

Covering email letter :

"Dear Parliamentary Member

I support and endorse the objections and content encompassed in the attached response to Government by Good for Dogs and would ask that you not only accept these points as though they were my own writing, but also take on board and heed the refutes and information it provides, as though it was I who was the author – BEFORE the

Government proceeds to passing of yet even more laws that are flawed and which have the tendency to target the responsible people and not those who are the mainstay causes for community interference by their own dogs; and which do NOT and have not had any effect on the lowering of bite statistics; nor which embraces the ideology of "education". "

Attachment to email :

With your email, attach the GoodforDogs response - the link for this is http://www.goodfordogs.org/blog/wp-content...nse_to_Bill.pdf .

And this is the Member of Legislative Assembly contact list which will give you all the names, addresses and email addresses you can send to (the more the merrier).

Legislative Assembly (Vic) Member Contact List

Of course, the "GoodforDogs" well thought out response may actually make sense to you of what the proposals are and how they are likely to (adversively) affect us, to the degree that you might like to take from that and formulate your own individual response. That would be great, but at the very least, please respond to Government one way or the other. Better something than nothing at all.

Cheers, and let's band together to fight this now. Once the law is passed the effort to change it when we see and experience the wrongs that it will cause, will be a far greater task than the one at hand.

It's In your backyard, or don't you care coz you think it don't affect you??......maybe focus on how to help when needed Instead of whinging you can't see any Improvement In BSL.

A lot of the BSL movements are happening behind the scenes you just need to look and you shall find

Here's another one for you bb case you missed It

Just for the record, there's a group of mostly AmStaff owners working on incorporating a responsible dog owner's group in Perth to work for all dogs and their owners, regardless of breed or cross. You wont see most of them on here, because their too busy getting to work done, so before people assume that the people on forums speak for all people of a breed, they should think again.

And your quote:

Nothing for me to get over Geo, I don't own restricted breeds :rofl:

Is appalling to say the least :rofl:

Edited by RottnBullies

Here's another one for you bb case you missed It
Just for the record, there's a group of mostly AmStaff owners working on incorporating a responsible dog owner's group in Perth to work for all dogs and their owners, regardless of breed or cross. You wont see most of them on here, because their too busy getting to work done, so before people assume that the people on forums speak for all people of a breed, they should think again.

And your quote:

Nothing for me to get over Geo, I don't own restricted breeds :rofl:

Is appalling to say the least :)

I am more interested in the concepts being put to government bodies. Groups of people getting together with the best intentions will not sway the rule makers into relaxing BSL unless the rule makers are formally approached and debated with on the subject which is what I am asking about???. Are there any formal meetings scheduled with the relevent government bodies yet???.

Edited by Black Bronson