Stud Agreement

Sayreovi

I have done a search but couldn't come up with anything.

My boy is being used at stud for the very first time (and mine too) so was wondering if anyone had a stud agreement they could throw my way?

Without sounding too naive hopefully, what is the purpose of a stud agreement?......I know if anything goes wrong etc etc. but I trust the breeder completely and am very happy an experienced breeder is using my male.

We have both agreed on my receiving a puppy in lieu of a stud fee and 95% of her pups are pets and limited register anyway, the ones that aren't live with her or already have agreements in place.

Do I need to include these in the agreement?

I thought I would have awhile to work this out but the bitch came into season a month early so will be here Monday :D

So very excited though :thumbsup:

You need to work out what happens if:

there is only one puppy - who gets it?

who gets first choice of puppies - you or the breeder?

what happens if there is not a puppy of the sex you want available - do you then get a stud fee?

if so how much and when will it be paid?

Personally I prefer to work a stud fee out on a per puppy basis so that the breeder doesn't get slugged a full fee if they ony get one or two but they pay a fair price for a large litter. The other option is to set a full fee, usually about the price of a puppy and offer a free return if she has say less than three.

It is usually better to work out a stud fee first and agree that you can take a puppy in lieu of the stud fee if a suitable one is available. It saves a lot of arguments and misunderstandings.

Oh, and don't sign the service agreement until you have the stud fee or a guarantee in writing that you will get a puppy.

Hope everything works out as planned and there are no complications, but it is best to cover all possibilities before you start. Good luck.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Over the years, I've stopped doing the "puppy back" arrangement because it has caused me nothing but grief.

Now, I take a stud fee and then IF there is a puppy that I like and that is suitable, I will purchase it outright no strings attached and no obligation to either party.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Over the years, I've stopped doing the "puppy back" arrangement because it has caused me nothing but grief.

Now, I take a stud fee and then IF there is a puppy that I like and that is suitable, I will purchase it outright no strings attached and no obligation to either party.

Yep so agree with this