Bullmastiff Backyard Breeder?

jackie_a1

So how would I educate a buyer if I don't breed dogs? The only way I can help is by contacting these people directly. I'm just a pet owner I don't breed, show or do anything else in regards to dogs. So how could I educate a buyer?

Edit: It sounded snarky I'm not. I'm actually asking how I can educate buyers?

Edited by jackie_a1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for removing the link.

I commend your passion for such a fabulous breed. :thumbsup::thumbsup: But have to agree with PF, you will only cop a serve and then be more annoyed at the stupidity of these people. They really dont care what they're doing.

The best way I have educated people is when they meet my dogs. I dont know how many times I hear: "I have heard of Bullmastiffs but never seen a pure one" or "my neighbour/friend/brother has a BM but doesnt look anything like that". This is when I get to educate people and hopefully new Bullmastiff puppy buyers.

Last night I got stuck amongst a huge birthday party crowd on our walk. It took us 20mins just to get through with people wanting to meet, cuddle and talk about Red. I even had two people ask me if I had business cards for his Breeder. :thumbsup:

Rocco that's so cute!! I bet Red was loving it!

I'm really passionate about bull breeds and mastiffs they're my two dirty little secrets :thumbsup:.

If the seller retaliates which I know they will I'll just ignore their nonsense. I'm just sick of all these BYBers taking over the world! I feel so powerless.

I don't own purebreds so I kinda figure if I go on a rant about pure breds I'll get the

'If they're so good why don't you own one?'

:thumbsup:

Perhaps your next dog will provide you with the opportunity to educate others. :thumbsup:

If you want to talk about irresponsible breeding, that's a very different discussion to advocating purebreds.

Edited by poodlefan

I'm a great believer that the best advertisement for purebred dogs is a well bred, well mannered purebed owned by someone who's prepared to talk to people about it.

Absolutely. Nothing advertises the virtues of a breed and promotes them better, than the real thing, owned by someone who is passionate about the breed and raises their dog as a good canine citizen.

I commend your passion for such a fabulous breed. :thumbsup::thumbsup: But have to agree with PF, you will only cop a serve and then be more annoyed at the stupidity of these people. They really dont care what they're doing.

Oh yeah, I've lost count of the number of people who tell me I've been ripped off because their brother/uncle/friend owns a "real" bullmastiff. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I've lost count of the number of people who tell me I've been ripped off because their brother/uncle/friend owns a "real" bullmastiff. :thumbsup:

More is the pity when a specific breeder of Bullmastiffs went into crossbreeding and then Aussie bulldogs.

Their latest on Gumtree awhile ago was Neo x Bulldogs.

Yep I emailed them. Pretty sure I knew who it was and yep they replied back. They knew it was me of course with my email addy. It just confirmed what I thought.

Stone I think I actually saw that advertised.

Did you know them stone? How did they respond?

I know of them

I have never had the displeasure in meeting them.

Their reply was only asking about how the Bullmastiff Club was going.

I never replied back.

People like that just disgust me.

Like the people I saw at Frozen puppies one day.

I said to the guy there that I saw the two Bullies out the back and one looked quite high in leg(only saw them from a distance). he said as a matter of fact that one was a Aussie bulldog and one was a Bulldog and they were there for the bitch to be AI'd.

Oh yeah, I've lost count of the number of people who tell me I've been ripped off because their brother/uncle/friend owns a "real" bullmastiff. :laugh:

I wonder what a "real" Bullmastiff looks like or where I can get one. :laugh:

More is the pity when a specific breeder of Bullmastiffs went into crossbreeding and then Aussie bulldogs.

;) disgusting. The Bullmastiff is so wonderful, perfect and amazing why do people think it needs x breeding. Very sad.

Update I got a response.

for starters pal the puppys do have black masks over there snouts and you obviously know nothing about genetics, for starters there are many colours mastiffs come in from chocalate to redish brown to fawn to grey and did you know that there is only 2 pigment colours for all dogs and thats a black pigment and a yellow pigment and from them only 2 pigments you get every colour you see today,so before your willing to slag off at someone do some home work and read up on genetics in dogs pal, maybe even watch a doco on dog by nat geo called in the womb(dogs) have you never seen a pure black mastiff before, the neopoliton mastiffs come in pure black my females father was a black neo ,

But keep in mind he advertised his puppies as PURE BRED BULLMASTIFF PUPPYS (thats how it was spelt) to which now the add is removed. Woo hoo.

Oh qick edit to say I responded saying I had a vast knowledge of dogs and their breeds and am not debating what colours mastiffs come in I debated that your dogs are in fact NOT bullmastiffs and if you want to sell Neo mastiff cross breds then advertise them as such and do not mislead the public for financial gain.

Edited by jackie_a1

for starters pal the puppys do have black masks over there snouts and you obviously know nothing about genetics, for starters there are many colours mastiffs come in from chocalate to redish brown to fawn to grey and did you know that there is only 2 pigment colours for all dogs and thats a black pigment and a yellow pigment and from them only 2 pigments you get every colour you see today,so before your willing to slag off at someone do some home work and read up on genetics in dogs pal, maybe even watch a doco on dog by nat geo called in the womb(dogs) have you never seen a pure black mastiff before, the neopoliton mastiffs come in pure black my females father was a black neo ,

Toolbox. :mad

Oh well, Jackie, you gave it a try and now know how much of a waste of time people like this are. On to educating the willing. :)

Hi Jackie, I have also spent time on gumtree and I am really disappointed in this site. So many times you see pitbulls advertised as amstaffs - god only knows where they end up, how they are treated etc. I searched to find the administrator of this site and was able to make complaints about certain ads. After doing this, some of the ads were taken off. I also replied directly to the advertisers of these "pitbulls" advising that they are a restricted breed in most states etc etc, how can you be breeding when they are restricted as they are all supposed to be desexed. Usually the advertiser takes the ad off for a while then relists with the breed of the dog/puppy changed. You can report any advertiser on these sites.

Hey Adnil

Good to see I'm not the only one who replies to these adds with great concern. About emailing the site owner could you pm me his/her email because there are a few adds like this one that concern me. Not to mention all the TEACUP PUPPIES! :(