Dont You Hate It

Nekhbet

This dog isn't for me - he is way too heavy, short on leg and isn't balanced enough for me and his head is too heavy and jowly - :) the brown one though.

Absolutely agree!

The first looks untidy to me and as though he's hit the roids, the second looks very clean and sexy. All Dobes should look sexy IMO, they're a classy dog. :)

He's fat. He'd look better lighter with a waist, an obvious tuck and better muscle tone and I'd like to see him properly stacked.

Edited by poodlefan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent eye candy nek, very solid Mr. :)

Not that you asked about his conformation anywhere in this thread..... he does have a bit of a "preggers" lol look to his manly chest.

Have fun drooling.

Edited by arawnhaus

I would love to import a solid colour Nimrodel whippet, a small curvy one like they used to be, not the big tall flat backed ones I see alot of these days, either fawn, blue, blue fawn, silver or cream. Not sure if she has cream in her bloodlines but that's what I'd like anyway.

I'll have a cream puppy when you do Linda........................

omg the dobe and bone is soo cute!!! i love how the dobe whines at the end, it sounds like "awww heeeelp"

Isn't it just! Poor Dobe...but it sure is funny :heart:

Kylie, your art work is amazing. Especially the Dobes! I checked out your website last night...you have such a special talent. Wow! :D

omg the dobe and bone is soo cute!!! i love how the dobe whines at the end, it sounds like "awww heeeelp"

Isn't it just! Poor Dobe...but it sure is funny :heart:

Kylie, your art work is amazing. Especially the Dobes! I checked out your website last night...you have such a special talent. Wow! :D

aww thanks :D I am glad you like my work ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

This example shows how there are just as many winners in our subjective sport, as there are opinions. We all have different things about certain dogs that appeal, but the things that are appealing to you in this dog are features of another breed, but not of a correct Dobermann.

I read the standard you included here. I think you only read the bits that fitted what you wanted to see. I read elegant and ribbing to the elbow, square according to specific measurements. What is see in that photo is most definitely NOT elegant, ribbing dropped way beyond the elbow and an overloaded and disproportionate body.

I dont think winning 4 BOBs is proof of excellence, unless you also quantify the amount of dogs defeated in those wins.

Edited by nynka

Let's see... I started to fall in love with Australian Shepherds over 2 years ago now. I didn't know much about them back then but wanted one. My family ended up getting another dog, so it had to be put off for a while.

Now I am absolutely set on getting an Aussie after many months of research. :cry: A blue merle male most likely.. I have even started writing a list of possible names for him. :) Mind you, I won't be getting one for a while considering I am jobless, broke and can't afford $1000 plus all the other little necessities. :cry: I can't wait though... This will be my "first" dog. Hopefully we will get into agility or maybe some other sport. :laugh:

I can't help but think about it every day, and when that day comes.. I'll be over the moon. :rofl:

I know that kennel. When I was living there they had one absolutely fantastic dog. I believe it was one of their first big winning dogs. His name was Elan Arno Cobra. He was 28 BOB and 10 BIS and working titles too.

elan2.jpg