Wonderful Dogs

furballs

I have a wonderful dog, she is a Rottweiler and defied the odds by being an absolute sweetheart with other dogs even though my Border Collie attacked her when she was 10 weeks old. I foster pups and my Rotty likes to think she is their "mum". She is so big, but so gentle with them. I have never known such a fantastic dog before. Everyone who meets her loves her.

Would love to hear other amazing dog stories :laugh:

Does anyone else have a dog they are really proud of?

post-34378-1274450404_thumb.jpg

Edited by furballs

Ahhhhhh, I also have a beautiful 9yr old Rottweiler called Sharon. Sharon came from the RSPCA after she didn't make the grade as a security dog. She is now the most precious old girl. She also thinks she is a mum and especially loves kittens. Sharon loves it when we get a new foster even though it makes her very tired. She spends most of her time on the couch or in the bed though she does love a slow wander round the block. She always likes to be clean and pretty and doesn't like it when the other dogs get all dirty and then jump on her. But she LOVES swimming!

I am also lucky enough to have a gorgeous 4yr old Lab called Dusty. He came to me through rescue almost a year ago. He is a sweetheart. Dusty was locked in a cage on a farm with no human interaction so he has his special traits. When I go to bed at night Dusty will sit at the end of the bed and stare at me. His bed is out in the loungeroom and he must hear my breathing change when I wake up cos he is always there still staring at me. If I let him in the bed he has to have his face right next to mine. Dusty is very smart and knows how to get the lead when its walk time and he will also go and get my shoes. He also does this many other times during the day. :rofl: Dusty also loves our cats and fosters and is gradually learning how to play.

I love coming home to my furry family. They are so special :rofl:

post-33610-1274456569_thumb.jpg

post-33610-1274456591_thumb.jpg

Edited by Burkes

all dogs I have owned have been wonderful and worth their weight in gold, the most wonderful are the least expensive but the most valuable to my heart.

Just yeasterday at the vet after a rather unfortunate incident I said to the vet

"Whatever you do save Angel ( my 11 year old crested) who is worth so much to me, I value her more than my Xolos as I know my time with her is limited. Not that I dont adore the Xolos, but all my dogs have been and always will be wonderful and etched in my hear!

J

Angel, (Crested) Duke ( PAD Dog)

post-9555-1274459565_thumb.jpg

post-9555-1274459603_thumb.jpg

all dogs I have owned have been wonderful and worth their weight in gold, the most wonderful are the least expensive but the most valuable to my heart.

Just yeasterday at the vet after a rather unfortunate incident I said to the vet

"Whatever you do save Angel ( my 11 year old crested) who is worth so much to me, I value her more than my Xolos as I know my time with her is limited. Not that I dont adore the Xolos, but all my dogs have been and always will be wonderful and etched in my hear!

J

Wazzat, I do hope Angel is OK. I understand where you are coming from.

Gorgeous photo of her reading the paper. :rofl:

My heart dog was a Rottie girl named Woosie - the most beautiful girl on the planet. Everyone who met her wanted to take her home. She went to the Bridge in 2004. I still cry when thinking about her... *sob*

T.

I got Zero at a time in my life where I needed something to keep me grounded. I will always be thankful that he showed me some things are infinitely more important than others, even if my friends didn't think so.

We've been through a lot together but he's my heart dog and I wouldn't have him any other way.

And just because Freo is playing in sydney today (and I'm going!), here's a photo of him in his team colours:

IMG_4439-1.jpg?t=1274486889

:rofl:

J

Wazzat, I do hope Angel is OK. I understand where you are coming from.

Gorgeous photo of her reading the paper. :rofl:

Thanks Dyzney they are all Ok after ingesting Ratsac at a workshop! OMFG I said ! all five to the vets but all good now ! Thanks God!

My beautiful girl Tinka (rest in peace old girl) was my angel.

She came into my life when 2 years old.

She saved my life when I was 4 years old, when she alerted my parents that I was about to walk out of the gate of the holiday house we were staying at and walk straight onto a busy road.

She used to comfort me when I was sad, play with my when I was happy and listen to my stories when I was angry.

I had to give her her wings in february this year, at 16 years of age.

I miss her so much, but I thank her for the wonderful start to my life that she helped me have. :rofl: :rofl:

PA260115.jpg

Maverick came into my life about a year before Tinka passed over.

He was actually the one who woke me up by howling at my window to let me know that Tinka was in pain.

Admittedly I was just get up to tell him to shut it because I was trying to sleep, but I looked out the window and he raced over and stood next to Tinka.

Her back hips had given in and she was no longer able to support her self. I knew it was her time to pass over.

Maverick comforted me when I came home from the vets and I really do love him for that.

I don't know where I would be without him

IMG_1577.jpg

Hector, Hector is just a big bundle of puppy energy.

I could hardly be upset or angry when he is around.

He gives the best cuddles and hugs and he is very funny to watch.

He is very loyal and he always just wants to please. I love him with all my heart :rofl:

IMG_1447.jpg

So they are my wonderful dogs :eek::)

I'm changing Kivi Tarro's name to Kivi Tend-and-Befriend Tarro. Wherever a dog or human is in distress, Kivi is there, nuzzling and offering kisses. He is gentle and unassuming. His social intelligence has come in handy more than once. He's our doglomat.

Wow what beautiful dogs you all have and great stories you've shared

:) for Tinka and Woosie

Maverick - what a star

Hector - very handsome

Zero - you are beautiful (go the dockers)

Angel - what a clever dog :p

Sharon and Dusty - what a gorgeous pair you are