Should I Report This?

Adnil444

How on earth do you know that this dog was sitting looking at her owners on the other side of the glass doors in this terrible weather????

No disrespect meant here so I will ask the question first...

I believe since its a glass door she could see them inside as the light was on? I could be wrong though :thumbsup:

You can still see in heavy rain.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth do you know that this dog was sitting looking at her owners on the other side of the glass doors in this terrible weather????

No disrespect meant here so I will ask the question first...

Because when I was driving past their house, I slowed down and watched for several minutes that's how. From the street you can clearly see into the living room - they were inside, the dog outside the glass doors.

I think if in doubt make the complaint. I would much rather someone make an unjustified complaint about my pets if there are any concerns. If you are doing the right thing you have nothing at all to worry about.

I wouldnt make a complaint unless I felt certain that things werent right, which is what Adnill did.

Hopefully things will improve for this dog but i doubt they will start walking him.

I never understand why some people would bother getting a pet if they are obviously not at all interested in caring for it.

I think if you feel soemthing is wrong and have checked on it a few times and still think it is wrong then you do something about it. If you are wrong the worst thing that can happen is the owners get annoyed, but if you are right the worst that can happen is soemthing awful for the dog.

Tricky situation to be in and I am thankful I have never had to decide anything like that.

Someone called the SPCA on my mum because of her dog a few years ago because he was chained. He had shelter, water, was fed and loved and let off for exercise but had to be chained if noone was home because he was an escape artist. Anyway, her neighbours called the SPCA and said "the dog never comes off the chain and doesnt have any shelter". What was quite funny though was when the SPCA turned up to check on him, he was inside the house with mum. They checked his shelter and mum had a carport which the neighbours couldnt see into from their house and what was inside the carport/??? Yep a kennel.

Anyway mum had had issues with them so I think it was a "revenge" call.

But sometimes, you can't know everything that goes on. My neighbours have never ever seen me walk my big dog. They would have seen me walkign the little one as we go out at about 5pm...the big dog however I walk late at night if we are going (puller issues - which we are working on) so they may think I am worthy of a call too LOL

Because when I was driving past their house, I slowed down and watched for several minutes that's how. From the street you can clearly see into the living room - they were inside, the dog outside the glass doors.

You do realise that it is stalking what you do and if they see you sitting at the street looking into their living room they can report you to the police.

You do realise that it is stalking what you do and if they see you sitting at the street looking into their living room they can report you to the police.

:) I don't think so.

Looking at a dog on a balcony from the street is not stalking. The people need to shut their curtains or install a blind if they need privacy.

Would you prefer that people ignored all the dogs living in their area and turned a blind eye if they thought anything was wrong?

Stalking refers to repeated harassing or threatening behavior by an individual, such as following a person, appearing at a person's home or place of business, making harassing phone calls, leaving written messages or objects, or vandalizing a person's property, according to the U.S. Department of Justice Office for Victims of Crime (OVC).
Under the Crime (Domestic and Personal Violence) Act 2007, stalking includes the following of a person about or the watching or frequenting of the vicinity of, or an approach to a person's place of residence, business or work or any place that a person frequents for the purposes of any activity.
Edited by felix

Stalking refers to repeated harassing or threatening behavior by an individual, such as following a person, appearing at a person's home or place of business, making harassing phone calls, leaving written messages or objects, or vandalizing a person's property, according to the U.S. Department of Justice Office for Victims of Crime (OVC).
Under the Crime (Domestic and Personal Violence) Act 2007, stalking includes the following of a person about or the watching or frequenting of the vicinity of, or an approach to a person's place of residence, business or work or any place that a person frequents for the purposes of any activity.

None of that applies here.

I think if in doubt make the complaint. I would much rather someone make an unjustified complaint about my pets if there are any concerns. If you are doing the right thing you have nothing at all to worry about.

I wouldnt make a complaint unless I felt certain that things werent right, which is what Adnill did.

Hopefully things will improve for this dog but i doubt they will start walking him.

I never understand why some people would bother getting a pet if they are obviously not at all interested in caring for it.

I agree!

I am also totally surprised at the harsh criticism that Adnil has received for voicing her concern on a Forum for "dog people".

Edited by je2910

If somebody is driving by my house 20 times a day slowing down and looking into my living room, I would be calling police. They can prove later, if they can, that they are just looking at the dog.

If somebody is driving by my house 20 times a day slowing down and looking into my living room, I would be calling police. They can prove later, if they can, that they are just looking at the dog.

Well your dog would just have to sit on the balcony and suffer then, wouldn't it.

Well your dog would just have to sit on the balcony and suffer then, wouldn't it.

That is irrelevant. And you don't know if the dog was suffering, you just assume that.

It is OK to report it if you think there's something wrong, but that's it. Driving by and spying on the people is way to far. IMO of course, I realise you don't agree with me.

That is irrelevant. And you don't know if the dog was suffering, you just assume that.

It is OK to report it if you think there's something wrong, but that's it. Driving by and spying on the people is way to far. IMO of course, I realise you don't agree with me.

Near where I live there is a lovely old rambling house with a magnificent garden. Every time I walk past (which is frequently) I stop and admire it (from the footpath). with your logic this would constitute stalking? :thumbsup:

Near where I live there is a lovely old rambling house with a magnificent garden. Every time I walk past (which is frequently) I stop and admire it (from the footpath). with your logic this would constitute stalking? :thumbsup:

No. The intent is completely different.

So many weird comments on this thread!

Adnil444 clearly stated that the dog doesn't have adequate shelter. She was drenched when it was raining!! Imagine if it was a 40 degree day without any shade!

I think you were perfectly justified in making a complaint. Now you've done all you can do and hopefully the RSPCA/owners will sort the issue out.

Hello she lives up the street so has every right to drive past. :thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

Hello she lives up the street so has every right to drive past. :thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

Adnil drives past frequently to and from home and work I believe. Thats hardly "stalking".

Why don't you stop trying to gain attention by making a big deal out of nothing at all. :)

Edited by lovemesideways