Should I Report This?

Adnil444

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, a dog can live outside, but legally it does need shelter - a kennel of some sort. In this situation the dog had NO shelter.

Why are there people flaming Adnil? I dont get it. To me, what she did was the right thing to do and I would have done the same thing!

Hey, I wasn't flaming anybody. At least that was not my intention. And deffinitely, I wasn't looking for attention. :thumbsup:

My opinion was, and still is, that OP can get herself in a trouble. Especially if the owners of that dog realise what she is up to. She reported what she believed was mistreatment, and that is excellent, but IMO she is going a bit too far. If you don't see it that way, that is ok, but you should respect my opinion even if you disagree. Well, you don't have to, but it would be nice.

Edited by felix

If somebody is driving by my house 20 times a day slowing down and looking into my living room, I would be calling police. They can prove later, if they can, that they are just looking at the dog.

I wasn't doing that - I only slowed down the night it was raining. I drive past the house every day numerous times as it is the only way to get to where I need to go and yes I slow down as they are on a corner and I have to.

Wow so many replies - I honestly thought and still believe I did the right thing. I wasn't stalking anyone, just driving past as I do many times a day, yes I slow down because the house is on a corner and I have to slow to take that turn. You could not miss seeing this dog!

It is up to the RSPCA now to see that the dog does get basic shelter - a kennel is not that much to ask for (and hopefully some exercise). I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I'm hoping these people just needed a bit of education and isn't that what we on these forums like - to educate people about being a responsible dog/animal owner.

I hope I never have to report anything again, it was not a nice thing to do and wasn't taken lightly. Most people around where I live seem to do the right things by their animals and this is the first time in many years that I was taken to do something.

I suppose a lot of people have noticed odd situations with animals...if all people ignored their instincts and went on their merry way because they didn't want to be seen as making trouble a hell of a lot of animals would suffer needlessly.

I think reading someone's post online it can be hard to get the same picture, that the OP actually sees and is troubled by.I highly doubt anyone would want to go to all the trouble of 'dobbing' on someone for the sheer hell of it...most people just can't be bothered even when they know for sure...I have a recent new neighbour bothering the hell out of me for weeks about their barking dog but it took being taken to the absolute limit for me to say something as I didn't want to be seen as causing trouble...

I was reading between the lines of some reply posts on here that maybe people were thinking the OP was making a mountain out of a molehill to gain attention/sympathy on here for 'her' cause....the thing is I think thats a very rare person who wants to do that and if it is, then it will come out sooner then later and I highly doubt it in this instance.

The OP took a risk, yes she might have had a chance of getting it wrong...the worst there would be making an apology to the owners and RSPCA for making a mistake but on the other hand, if dogs is not being looked after properly, then this has helped the situation.

Lets hope the dog is happy and comfy tonight.

Edited by chelle~aussie~dragon

How on earth do you know that this dog was sitting looking at her owners on the other side of the glass doors in this terrible weather????

No disrespect meant here so I will ask the question first...

Because when I was driving past their house, I slowed down and watched for several minutes that's how. From the street you can clearly see into the living room - they were inside, the dog outside the glass doors.

I hope then that you have done the right thing in reporting this. It would be nice to get updates from you down the track to see if what you have done has made a difference to the dogs life.