Mdba Pacers Help In Wollongong Area

Steve

If anyone in the Woolongong N.S. W area is able to help out a family who are about to be homeless in looking after their pet galah until they find accommodation could you please put your hand up.

All expenses will be paid.

Edited by Steve

If its Wollongong - I can check with my OH.

Is it likely to be long term or short term - as in month or two, or longer?

We are about 30 mins from Wollongong, but are down that way all the time, and have a spare cage.

Edited by wagsalot

I have been thinking of helping out with the work you do in regards to the dogs but I can pretty much cope with a gala. Specially now I have no cat!

I have never owned a bird thou so if wagalot is more suitable? Message me?

Im in Thirroul which is only 15 minutes from Wollongong city center. I could manage a galah short term if it helps. I have 9 dogs here at the moment, is the bird used to dogs? Is it a cage bird or a free house bird?

Thank you. Ill go back to the lady today to find out the finer details. Its a sad situation as they have to move out through no fault of their own.So far they cant find any where else to live as Dad had an accident and is unemployed,Mum is a student and almost finished her course and is looking for work too. Land lords are knocking them back and any place they can find to stay wont allow them to have the bird. They have 3 teenagers. All are obviously very attached to the bird.

I know its horrible to be homeless when you have young kids but I think having teenagers and no where to live would surely come with just so much stress and its own set of problems. I feel for them.

If worst comes to worst (& probably won't, with all offers of help), is there a parrot rescue centre in Sydney regions?

As there is just over the border in Qld's Gold Coast area. That SE Q'ld parrot rescue takes in a range of birds where owners can no longer care for them.

If worst comes to worst (& probably won't, with all offers of help), is there a parrot rescue centre in Sydney regions?

As there is just over the border in Qld's Gold Coast area. That SE Q'ld parrot rescue takes in a range of birds where owners can no longer care for them.

Thanks Mita - the owners have tried several options but all either want to keep the bird or charge to board it and the family are broke.

Surrendering the bird for re homing isnt an option.

The good news is they may have somewhere to live and will know next Tuesday so we hold everything for now and hope they are in luck and they dont need us.

However, it has its own cage and isnt used to dogs.

The good news is they may have somewhere to live and will know next Tuesday so we hold everything for now and hope they are in luck and they dont need us.

Fingers crossed they'll get accommodation & can keep their galah.

But good on you all for being 'in there' for them, while things are at the crisis point for that family.

I know how relieved I'd feel, just knowing there was someone sending out 'feelers' for assistance. And getting options. :cheer: