Dogs At Workplace

Flashsmum

My bosses have gotten themselves a dog a couple of months ago. It's a "schmoodle oooodle" (mum was a Shitz-zu x maltese x poodle and dad was a poodle). When they got her, I was very vocal about backyard breeders, indiscriminate breeding and encouraging it, etc., but that's what the wife wanted, so that's what she got.

The dog isn't left on it's own, so it comes to work everyday. She is very spoilt, but very cute. She's sitting on my lap as I try and do my work, and is keeping me very warm.

I take her out for toilet breaks, and have a play with her throughout the day. She is approx 6 months old, and being a puppy, gets bored just lying around the office, so I feel that I need to amuse her at tleast some of the time.

Ali in all, it's not a bad thing that I get to play with a puppy whilst at work, and it certainly breaks up my day. She's very entertaining and lot's of fun.

When I first started working here 6 years ago, they had a dog, but she died about two years ago, so it's nice to have a furry around at work again.

Wish I could bring one of the Sammies into work, they and my clients would love it.

I work with a lot of elderly people and many have had to move into retirment villages and can't have pets, the photo of Mistral on my desk gets a lof of comments and then stories about dogs passed.

I think being able to cuddle a Samoyed could really brighten a persons day.

I'll probably bring Harry (greyhound) in tomorrow if it's a rainy day. He'll not like being left alone with the rain since Flash (our dane) died in January. I've spoken to the boss, and all's okay by them!

It will be good to have him here to keep me company.

It's a "schmoodle oooodle" (mum was a Shitz-zu x maltese x poodle and dad was a poodle)

Please don't tell me that's actually what it's called! :(:)

I went to an office to pick up a few cheques the other time and they had the most adorable French Bulldog running around (actually no, more like sleeping in a corner).

Years ago I took my old dog Thorn into the design agency I used to work in, just for the day. And I could tell exactly where he was throughout the day by the "gah!"s emitted by my co-workers when he would come up out of nowhere and nudge his cold wet nose between their hand and mouse - insisting on them petting him. :laugh:

My dream is to have my dogs come to work with me every day. One day it will happen -sighs.

- Astred

Edited by KnucklesDutchnUs

Well, Harry is here with me today. :smashpc: On the whole he's been such a good boy! The only hassle is that every time a door opens, he wants to go and see what's happening, and being a greyhound, I'm worried he'll get out for a great run!

Everyone loves him, and keep saying he's such a big boy. This seems strange, as Flash was 82kgs when she died, and Harry is 34kg, so he's always been our little boy!

I'm enjoying him coming over for cuddles, but between wee walks, he's mostly lying on his bed behind me until a door opens.

It would be great to have here all the time, but with the resident pup, I don't think that'll work! Nice for a Friday!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

I would LOVE to bring my two into work. CK would be a great office dog he would just sit in the corner looking cute and mooching pats from anyone who walked past.

Xena on the other hand would be a constant source of amusement to herself and frustration everyone else. Not sure we would get a lot of work done in between getting kissed on the nose and having our bins raided by a hyper border collie.

They get bored though - about 2pm its are we going yet are we going yet??? (yes the dog has come to work when its been 42 degrees over summer). And also there is the problem of dogs that are not 'office trained' and leave messages under tables (at our work its been a small dog thing - bigger they are better they seemed to be trained).

Guest belgian.blue

My dogs would be under my feet if they were at work! I find it hard enough walking around the house with them BOTH following me from room to room.

Damn clingy breeds :thumbsup: