Update On My Boerboels

Oliversmum

Hi All,

long time since I've updated on the Boerboels. To tell you the truth, i've been too heart broken to post until now.

Firstly, our wonderful and beautiful "Mr Cruz" was given his wings on 29th March this year. He was too young and we'll never get over losing him. I'ts not something that I want to get into right now, suffice to say it's not fair, he was too young. We love and miss him and he'll never be forgotten.

Secondly, "Miss Asali" is doing wonderfully, she is ever the character and a really big doofus. She has grown enormous (too big actually, she was desexed in February)but is our ever loving big slobbery girl.

In the other photos is a picture of her litter sister "Missy" who was with us for 4 months. Her owners seperated and no-one wanted to be responsible for her upkeep. We fostered her until she sould be placed in her forever home. Lovely bitch with a fantastic home now.

We have another bitch "Kip" who is my heart dog who came here at the beginning of the year. She has definately helped me get through these awful months without Cruz. She is a beautiful specimen with a superb nature. All tests came back great (hips & elbows) and just waiting on her appraisal... will post pictures of her later. She look exactly like Cruz, just smaller and prettier.....

post-22787-1276080535_thumb.jpg

post-22787-1276080624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shellsboers

I am so sorry to hear about Cruz. I often thought about him and wondered how he was progressing. ;)

The girls all look absolutely divine. I'm glad Kip is helping you through a difficult time. I know how hard it would of been.

I look forward to you sharing more of your dogs with us. :thumbsup:

Gosh I so want one of these dogs oneday. :thumbsup:

I am so sorry to hear about Cruz. I often thought about him and wondered how he was progressing. :laugh:

The girls all look absolutely divine. I'm glad Kip is helping you through a difficult time. I know how hard it would of been.

I look forward to you sharing more of your dogs with us. :thumbsup:

Gosh I so want one of these dogs oneday. :thumbsup:

Hey Rocco,

Thank you. My deepest condolances to you also. ;) I couldn't bring myself to post before, too raw, but I'm so sorry to here about the big fella Rocco! Your new boy looks divine...I make sure I check in to see his progress.

I'll be sure to include more about Kip, you know they say that dogs come into your life for a reason, well, she is one special little girl (all 54 kg of her)

:laugh:

Oh No ;)

RIP Cruz - Way to young.. :thumbsup:

I am so sorry to hear the sad news.

Take Care

Ash, Tohko and Zues. xoxo

OMG... Ash, your going to make me cry. How is the big boy? I've got a lovely Waldor bitch here now, Kip, she is superb. I miss my big man though, crap, how do you get over it??? I swear, when we lost him I didn't think I'd be able to function.

My other Waldor bitch, Asali is going well, she is enormous...massive even. Drives us nuts, sooooo pig headed and beligerant..or as my husband says, "dumb as a bucket of rocks" I think she is just tooo clever and plays dumb so we don't expect anything of her!!! :thumbsup:

Hopefully we'll be looking at getting some appraisals done this year, maybe down your way hopefully!! I'll keep you posted OK?

Take care Ash

Gorgeous dogs,and gorgeous photos! :thumbsup:

How on earth did you get them on the back of a truck?! They look so big and heavy, too big and heavy to jump so far! ;)

Have never met a Boerboel but would be very pleased to. They look just lovely :thumbsup:

I think you and Ash need to ask Troy to start a Boerboel in the breeds threads.... so we can see and hear more of this fabulous breed. :(

I'm hoping in the very near future they will become a recognised breed here in Aust. :o

Just LOVE them.... oh and I do love a bit of Waldor too, massive spunk. ;)

I will be sure to keep you all updated on the Boerboels. Will take some new piccies of the girls this weekend. Looking forward to adding another puppy late this year. I've finally bitten the bullet and put my name down for a French Bulldog :hug: Can't wait, my favorite small breed...love those squishy faces!!

Thanks for your kind words about our big boy...I'm just getting to the stage now where I can talk about him without bursting into tears :eek: , find myself smiling a little when I think of him, hopefully it will get easier.