Any Feedback On This Boarding Kennel

Are you able to keep the dogs with you when moving so they don't need kennelling? We've also moved many times with many pets, cats, aquariums, 4 dogs etc. and kids and managed fine without ever kenneling. Hope the move goes well, love to your lovely greyxxxx.

Website has been updated
Please note: Due to huge demand for limited kennel space we are no longer taking bookings for new dogs to the kennels at this current time. Existing clients that require boarding for their pets can contact us as per our normal contact numbers.

Pickup and Delivery option is no longer available and Kennel inspections are not available till further notice.

I reckon lily'smums' little visit would have been quite a memorable experience for them. :D

Are you able to keep the dogs with you when moving so they don't need kennelling? We've also moved many times with many pets, cats, aquariums, 4 dogs etc. and kids and managed fine without ever kenneling. Hope the move goes well, love to your lovely greyxxxx.

LM already said the kennel was for when they go overseas :)

Website has been updated
Please note: Due to huge demand for limited kennel space we are no longer taking bookings for new dogs to the kennels at this current time. Existing clients that require boarding for their pets can contact us as per our normal contact numbers.

Pickup and Delivery option is no longer available and Kennel inspections are not available till further notice.

I reckon lily'smums' little visit would have been quite a memorable experience for them. :D

Seems that way lol

whoops, sorry!

can't say I've experienced that (OS), not since a 5 day trip in 1986 anyway :) :D

and that's because of................................. yep, the dogs the cats the fish the birds the turtles................... :)

GM - if they were closed to inspections, as I was advised when I visited, then it should be on the website. They are "fully booked" because they have some law enforcement dogs staying, not general bookings. This is for 6 mths so I can't understand why the website hasn't been updated to reflect that, except that they "don't have time" to update it. Anyone reading the website would assume (as I did) that the opening hours stated are still in effect, when clearly they are not.

It says on the website -

We welcome inspections of our facilities any time between 8am-10am then 2pm-4pm Monday to Saturday except during School holidays and public holidays.

Pretty easy to check when school holidays are.

You might call it 'bad service', but I think you are being unfair expecting them to show you around the kennels on the first day of school holidays.

And when was the first day of school holidays as it relates to when I visited? :)

We're not able to move with the dogs being present - firstly for the safety of the dogs, and secondly for the safety of the movers.

We've got them into our vet - it's only for two days/one night. :) Lilly is also having some minor surgery while she's staying...nothing serious. Oh, and some blood tests to check liver/kidney function...she's got a UTI at the moment, poor thing. But our vet thinks she is in very good shape for her age, so that's reassuring.

Thankfully the boarding kennels have changed the information on its website - clearly that wasn't too big a task after all. :laugh:

Based on my experience, I wouldn't trust this business with the care of my dogs. Perhaps they were indeed having a bad day but that's no reason to treat a potential customer the way I was treated on the day I wished to inspect. Given that we do travel interstate and overseas, we will be looking for a more suitable kennel option in future. The best we've found so far is in the GC hinterland region, which would be worth the drive for a longer stay but clearly not worth it for a short stay. :rolleyes:

just as Agility Dogs said.. i too know the people who run it and most of those who work there...

would recommend them to anyone... and know too well how busy they are, especially on school holidays, and the lead up too the school holidays, and also the week after on most cases...

and maybe it wasn't the visit lillysmum had but more the posting of it on a public dog forum :) , that got the website changed... i for one wouldn't hold it against any business for not keeping their website totally up to date... these people bend over backwards to look after other peoples pets with the utmost care... and yes we all have bad days, i for one would always ring ahead to ask about inspection times of any facility... and don't think there is anypoint getting offended if i hadn't, but just turned up expecting to be able to inspect the facilities, regardless of what was on the website...

Edited by bordacollies4me