Registration Papers

Labkisses

Hi guys

Just wondering when you send away your litter registration papers? Is it after the pups have left to their new homes? Or before they go? Do you send them away while the families have put a deposit down for a pup but not made final payment yet?

Just thinking if you were to send them before the final payment is made and then the family cancelled, you'd have to transfer the pup back into your name or straight into another buyers...is that correct?

What do you do?

Also, do you find it a problem getting Limited Register Agreement Forms back..I know this has delayed me sending off my registration papers :laugh:

Edited by Labkisses

We send off the paperwork after microchipping but usually before the pups leave for their new homes. All paperwork is in our name as owner/breeders to begin with, the papers are handed over when the pup is picked up and the new parent then transfers the paperwork (CCC and Council) into their name.

I usually send mine off when the pups are about 6 weeks, by then i have found homes for the majority of them and the limited reg form has been signed by the new owner, any not sold are put in my name and the limited reg form is sent in later.

I find the cccq are very quick with the paperwork, with my last litter i posted the paperwork on a Friday, i phoned them on the Wednesday because a a change to one of the owners details and had the certificates back the following Friday.

Hi guys

Just wondering when you send away your litter registration papers? Is it after the pups have left to their new homes? Or before they go? Do you send them away while the families have put a deposit down for a pup but not made final payment yet?

Just thinking if you were to send them before the final payment is made and then the family cancelled, you'd have to transfer the pup back into your name or straight into another buyers...is that correct?

What do you do?

Also, do you find it a problem getting Limited Register Agreement Forms back..I know this has delayed me sending off my registration papers :o

Its a state issue. In Vic all have to go ito the breeders name then be transfered later.

I usually wait till most of the pups are gone, but usually no later than 10 weeks. This is explained clearly to the new owners and I let them know as soon as I have the papers back and tell them when to expect them in the mail. I always send them registered post just to be safe. If any are not sold at that age they are registered in my name. I'm not sure what you mean re the limit register. Do you mean for pups that are being sent by freight? Obvously those picking up a puppy will sign the form there and then. I have not had a problem having people send back paperwork. They do not get the pup until agreements are signed and returned.

I like to have my regos done early as I want to be sure I can get Baby puppies into the showring.

So all the papers are sent off at 7-8 weeks. If the pups have new owners waiting, the papers go directly into their names ('cos we can do that in QLD) and the remainder go into my name.

If I have someone stuffing around with payment or not getting the Limited form back to me in time, the pup goes in my name until it's sorted out. :D

It is an extra $26 or something if it has to be transferred later on so it's worth it for peace of mind.

Never transfer a pup until it's paid for...... :rofl:

I used the DOGS Vic express/24hr service, cost about $20 extra. Posted the application off Sunday afternoon and had the rego papers back on Tuesday :cry: Two pups were collected the next day (Wed), smack bang on 8 weeks.

What I also did was include membership to the Dogs Vic Companion Dog Club in the purchase price of my pups (which also includes 1 free transfer of a Limited Register dog) - it was $30 per family as opposed to the $28 or so it would have cost for the transfer on it's own so I figured I'd give it a go. I showed each puppy buyer their dog's rego papers the day they collected the pup as well as emailling a scanned copy to them, and then once all pups were collected I sent off the paperwork for companion Dog Club/Transfer of ownership and the cheque.

It took a few days and each pet pup was then registered in their new owner's name :rolleyes: