Puppy Training In Perth

pomchi

Hi guys just seeing if anyone has completed puppy training in perth, having difficulty getting in contact with RSPCA classses, any other good places I should take my pup too, she is 10 weeks old :sleep:

Hi guys just seeing if anyone has completed puppy training in perth, having difficulty getting in contact with RSPCA classses, any other good places I should take my pup too, she is 10 weeks old :sleep:

Hi pomchi not sure where you are located but if you were thinking of going to the RSPCA downt the road at carine open space sunday mornigns 9am Northern Suburbs Dog Training club, you continue on from puppy classes to obedience cost is $60 for theyear you attend as many calsses as you want.

i go there with my rotti pup

Does anyone know if there are classes in the South-west Perth area (live close to Jandakot, but willing to do long drives if classes are worth it)

The Canine Centre is not far from Jandakot, maybe 15 minutes max, Southern River Agility & Obedience hold classes on Monday nights for dogs from 12 weeks old up to trialling level.

Their website is here:

http://www.southernriverdogclub.org.au/

Hope that helps :D

The Canine Centre is not far from Jandakot, maybe 15 minutes max, Southern River Agility & Obedience hold classes on Monday nights for dogs from 12 weeks old up to trialling level.

Their website is here:

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Definitely helped :laugh: Just checked out their website and it sounds good (although they don't do puppy classes, but that's ok.)

Thanks amypie!

Their website is here:

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Definitely helped :laugh: Just checked out their website and it sounds good (although they don't do puppy classes, but that's ok.)

Thanks amypie!

Were you after a puppy pre school (i.e. the 4 week classes for puppies from 8 - 12 weeks usually held at a vet?)

If so I don't really have one I recommend sorry.

yeah I am looking for puppy pre school, just to socialize her with other dogs in a safe environment and teach her a few commands. I have found a few but i thought it would be best to go with one that had some good reviews. :thumbsup:

Were you after a puppy pre school (i.e. the 4 week classes for puppies from 8 - 12 weeks usually held at a vet?)

I was looking for both actually :rofl: I'm planning to do either obedience or agility (not competitive, just for fun) after the pup has been through puppy classes. Doesn't hurt to research ahead :)

I was looking for both actually :rofl: I'm planning to do either obedience or agility (not competitive, just for fun) after the pup has been through puppy classes. Doesn't hurt to research ahead :rofl:

:) I probably already told you but ACWA do run puppy agility classes on Tuesday nights at Canine grounds too, if you do go I'd love to meet your pup (I dare say Trixie would too - her breeder also has Airedales)

http://www.agilityclubwa.com/

:) I probably already told you but ACWA do run puppy agility classes on Tuesday nights at Canine grounds too, if you do go I'd love to meet your pup (I dare say Trixie would too - her breeder also has Airedales)

http://www.agilityclubwa.com/

Wow I just read the whole website and I'm already loving the idea of agility. It looks so much fun! I've bookmarked it.

It will be a while before I can join, as he is almost 3 weeks old now, but when the time comes I would be happy for my pup to meet you and Trixie. :rofl:

yeah I am looking for puppy pre school, just to socialize her with other dogs in a safe environment and teach her a few commands. I have found a few but i thought it would be best to go with one that had some good reviews. :D

Ballajurra vet had one run by PUPI (people understanding puppy interaction) i found it great the did an advanced class too

Just an update, took my 11 week old puppy to puppy kindy with the RSPCA and I can't recommend them enough

the trainer brought her 8 year old dog with her to use for demonstrations, she answered all of the questions we had and how to deal with common problems.

There were 8 puppies and they were all kept on loose leashes until she decided which puppies would be suitable to play off lead together in next weeks class. ( only two at a time). We are looking forward to next weeks training. :(

ok do tell.... where do they hold these classes, can I ring RSPCA to find out bout em?

I am askin coz I am going to be lookin for these classes very soon, and I want to make sure I go to a good one

Yeah just check out the RSPCA website and call the training number - I should warn you it took me about a week to get hold of someone ( I think they are really busy and only one lady runs it).

but puppy kindy has been great so far, they are for puppies 8 - 13 weeks old

Just completed our second day at puppy kindy and it was great, the instructor showed us how to get them used to having their eyes, nails and teeth handled, how to drop. And then she set up a playpen where two suitable puppies got to play at a time, Link got placed with a small poodle and they got along great. the instructor was quick to step in if any of the dogs weren't getting along or showed signs off stress.

After this session link slept for 5 hours :laugh:

We can't wait to go to the next session. :love: