The Facts About Breedism

steve11

from the article in the link

"Now, if four dissimilar pure-breeds e.g., Lhasa Apso, Cardigan Corgi, Saluki and Newfoundland, were allowed to interbreed willy nilly, within just two generations, the mixed-breed offspring would largely resemble shepherds, Labradors, huskies and terriers types, even though these dogs have had no shepherd, Lab, husky, or terrier blood in their veins for hundreds of generations. This phenomenon is known as atavism, whereby the interbreeding of highly selected strains causes a reversion to the wild type, i.e., wolfy-lookalikes (shepherds and huskies) and prototypical dogs (Lab-pointer types). Thus, many mongrel bites are erroneously classified as shepherd, Labrador and husky bites because the dogs looked like those breeds, i.e., the dogs were classified by phenotype (looks) rather than genotype (geneology)."

The article was excellent but the above paragraph really caught my attention.

• 3 weeks later...

what a breath of fresh air.

of course thats not what newspapers or the media want to hear. maybe this should become one of those chain emails instead of the constant flow of crap, pass this on and u will win a zillion dollars. delete and doom will fall our emails are flooded with daily?