Byron Bay Dog Friendly Accommodation For 2-3 Nights?

DH & I are going up to Queensland for my 10 year high school reunion mid July. We wanted to stay at Byron Bay on the way home for a couple of nights, I had a look on the accommodation section of the website but they are all rather dated reviews. So just thought I'd see if anyone on DOL has stayed in the area with their dogs and if so where did you stay/what did you think of it? Happy to stay in an onsite cabin in the caravan park or in a hotel/motel, OR even pitch a tent if we have to....might be a bit chilly though. :laugh:

Edited by Jellybean Chick

i think poets corner accommodates the masses

could be wrong but i think it sleeps ten?

maybe you could get it cheaply but if theres only two of you then it is a waste

theres plutos

it is on the main road but secure fence wise

I'm not sure if this is too far away from Byron for you but we have stayed in a terrific dog friendly house in Fingal Head (close to Kingscliffe). The house has a fully fenced yard and dogs are allowed inside the house. The back gate leads to a dog friendly beach (only a few minutes walk away). Our dog had the best time running on the beach which was mostly deserted on weekdays. The house is on Lagoon Road, Fingal Head and is managed by Kingscliffe Real Estates.

Hope it is not too late to recommend this place:

http://www.rainforestresort.com.au/

Admittedly it was quite awhile ago we stayed there, but have had friends stay there on our recommendation not too long ago and they loved it!

We had a wonderful stay there and our beautiful Jess ( gone to the bridge now) loved it too.

It ws actually one of her last holdiays with us before she became ill with cancer.She was 11 when we went there and had a ball.

The owners love dogs and they allowed in the rooms as well.

After we stayed there I loved it so much I wanted to buy the place..not that we could afford it!

If I won Lotto I would love to buy and run a pet friendly resort by the beach.

Admittedly it was quite awhile ago we stayed there, but have had friends stay there on our recommendation not too long ago and they loved it!

We had a wonderful stay there and our beautiful Jess ( gone to the bridge now) loved it too.

It ws actually one of her last holdiays with us before she became ill with cancer.She was 11 when we went there and had a ball.

After we stayed there I loved it so much I wanted to buy the place..not that we could afford it!

:D I stayed there with 2 Border Collies a few years ago, and yes, it was lovely. The dogs were mosst intrigued by the big goanna that would wander around outside the screened porch.

:D I stayed there with 2 Border Collies a few years ago, and yes, it was lovely. The dogs were mosst intrigued by the big goanna that would wander around outside the screened porch.

My OH and I have been wanting to go on a fishing trip to BB for some time and your advice have just decided to book ourselves in for next week :mad Just wish the dog didn't get car sick :D